Critical Miss: #2

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
While I enjoy the joke in concept, God of War's ultra-machismo rage bullshit is just as unpalatable as the super-sappy hope bullshit in a Final Fantasy, it's just a different flavor of the same poorly written drell.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Jaranja said:
Quite the generalization there, about JRPG's. I don't like the comic, now.
PedroSteckecilo said:
While I enjoy the joke in concept, God of War's ultra-machismo rage bullshit is just as unpalatable as the super-sappy hope bullshit in a Final Fantasy, it's just a different flavor of the same poorly written drell.
I love me some JRPG's, but this is a comic we're talking about here. Taking potshots for the sake of humor is kind of par for course.

As for my own opinion. I think the comic can stand to be a little less vulgar, but I like the jokes so far all the same.

Apr 28, 2008
Haha! Thats more or less what I thought when I got to the end of God of War 3.

But cross game fusion you say? If I put a game with some actual personality like Timesplitters next to one of the many cookie-cutter shooters, they may actually become interesting?

I MUST TRY THIS!

*15 minutes later*

No, didn't work. Dammit...

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
I was actually prepared to whine about how those lazy bastards are reusing the original webcomic pages submitted for the whole competition thing as "new material" as they did with the first one last week.

Strangely enough, it's not the case =/

Although, I guess, the first page kinda had the whole series in a nutshell, so it's natural they released it. Still, could have been 2 pages last week...

On topic: It's okay, I guess. I think I'd prefer that other webcomic about macho guys from various games trying to find "normal" jobs, I liked the art style and the premise much better.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Billion Backs said:
I was actually prepared to whine about how those lazy bastards are reusing the original webcomic pages submitted for the whole competition thing as "new material" as they did with the first one last week.

Strangely enough, it's not the case =/

Although, I guess, the first page kinda had the whole series in a nutshell, so it's natural they released it. Still, could have been 2 pages last week...
SIDE NOTE
Just so you know guys we're not going to be running the rest of the entry strips. We just needed this one to set up the character and give people a clue as to what's going on.

On Friday there'll be a completely new strip never ever seen before. Unless you're me. Or Cory. Or Both. [footnote]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.195360-Critical-Miss-1#6257919[/footnote]

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
This is why he was the best character in the game.

And he was the smartest because he used guns.

Im liking this series now...

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Well, that is one great yet scary concept.
Gee, I have so many different games stacked in the corner, if this was true, it would've been horrendous.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
NOT FRANKIE!!!
...Yeah, I named my chocobo's in FF XIII Frankie, what of it?

This is quite funny. Keep 'em up.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Too bad that doesn't happen IRL, because I've had Ninja Gaiden and Shadow of the Colossus sitting next to each other for a while now.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
I laughed HARD at the end to this one. This has made my day ten times better. Thank you!

Z-Ri

Nov 9, 2009
So thats why I was getting a false positive with my Awesome-o-meter, you got to watch out for those leaks. This was a pretty good joke, I always love the concept of "awesome as a substance" being used for humor.

On a side note does anyone else think you could make a great game by combining Packman and Portal?

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
The concept made me lol but the third panel was a bit too wordy. These things have a lot of promise though.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
I wish that could happen in real life... get a My Little Pony game and place it next to as many gory/horror games as possible...
I've seen the movie trailer for this game: http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwBLACK20com#p/u/70/N71CZjaPX48

Edit: Oops. The site cratered. Link updated to YouTube.

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
In the window behind the two, is...is that a BEAR?

On topic: Shadow the Hedgehog meets Final Fantasy 7: War of the Emo!

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
PumpItUp said:
In the window behind the two, is...is that a BEAR?

On topic: Shadow the Hedgehog meets Final Fantasy 7: War of the Emo!
You could put it next ti FF6 and the mercenary Ninja, Shadow, would become a hedgehog packing heat.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
supertoast099 said:
We need to combine Mario and Zelda right this instant.
NO YOU FOOL!!! YOU'V DOOMED US AAAALLLL!!!

best cross game fussion ould be between inFamous, Batman AA and Borderlands! i give you; "Batman: BorderFamous Asylum"

batman is trapped in an alternate dimension where he has electric superpowers and access to millions of wierd guns, and fights alien gangs whose faces split down the middle!

i call GOTY on this.