Critical Miss: #30

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Bwahahaha, moderately amusing as always, but much love and respect for the Gossip reference. *dances*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i_c7VU-IgE

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
*A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!*

It's...The Pizza Delivery Boy!

I have never seen someone cross the road via a Back Breaker Power Bomb before.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
avouleance2nd said:
Anyone else notice a nod or two to Scott Pilgrim.
Mainly in terms of the black boxes and the "thusly" joke which is directly from the comics.
Dammit, I wanted to be the twat who pointed that out... Although I don't think I would have been as polite about it as you were...

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
FATALITY!
So if that's how she crosses the street, I want to see how she would do other things like the laundry or something.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
"I'm sick of you people saying I'm wasting my time as if doing something that makes me miserable will make me a better person."

So simple a sentence, but so true.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
BTW - the move portrayed is Zangief's Atomic Suplex from Street Fighter. I do get the sense that the writer just watched Scott Pilgrim though... :p

Mausenheimmer

Feb 11, 2008
It's hard to say which sucks more: the set up or the punchline. On the one hand, the set up is just a rambling series of funny pictures. What did the old lady even do to deserve being pile driven? She just says "yes, thank you dearie" and the main character flips out. Why would she ask to help her cross the street? And what's up with the cop at the end? Is he seriously impressed that someone could beat up an old lady whose only crime was accepting the charity of strangers?

More food for thought: if she gets all her review scores in an envelope (as was established early on), how come she writes a column noted for its critical nature? Either she doesn't get to write what she wants or she does!

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Dr. wonderful said:
Firia said:
Dr. wonderful said:
I-I don't know what happen...But the cop at the end scares me...
He's ribbed for intensity. xD He SHOULD scare you. :D

The psycho elderly killer does raise a good point though. :)
But WHY does he want quarters!? D:
Quarters is the Gamer icon for Arcade Gaming. Or at least it was. :) These days, quarters is the icon for laundry machines. But an old beat cop? Might wanna learn how to walk an old lady or two. ;)

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Robyrt said:
BTW - the move portrayed is Zangief's Atomic Suplex from Street Fighter. I do get the sense that the writer just watched Scott Pilgrim though... :p
Ahh, you caught the SF reference too.

When she started I thought she was going to throw a SPD in the end. Shame she didn't.

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
Nice little touch with the throw reject miss. Guess granny needs to stop mashing buttons and learn to tech throws :p .

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
She's right, I WISH my college had a 'How to fight like in Street Fighter' class. Then maybe people wouldn't stare at me whenever I shout "HAIDOUKEN" whenever things get tense.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
avouleance2nd said:
Anyone else notice a nod or two to Scott Pilgrim.
Mainly in terms of the black boxes and the "thusly" joke which is directly from the comics.
The "Actually is a semi-retarded monkey" Gave it away for me. But yeah, it's a play off of how Scott doens't do anything with his life, but he makes everything epic despite his life-failure I think...

I'm sorry, but it just didn't do Scott Pilgram justice

pumasuit

Aug 7, 2009
so, the jokes have been missing recently. Let's get the writing back on track fellas.