Critical Miss: Battlefield 3

Apr 28, 2008
Alar said:
What a terrible, terrible way to die...

...I'm still not even certain what killed him.
He got caught in the zipper.

It can bring down the strongest of men...

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
I'm still in hysterics about this. I think it's the look of fear and inevitability in his eyes in the last panel.

Axeion

Feb 18, 2010
Alexander Cunningham said:
Seriously? everybody is getting their panties in a twist over a rat? am I the only one who thought it was f'ing hilarious?
Nope .Add me.I think it was funny.. an as a everquest player of oh 8 years.It was actualy comforting in a strange way.

Aug 10, 2011
Ironic Pirate said:
It because of sp campaigns like the one from battlefield, that many think good fps sp games are dead.

BATTLEFIELD IS DEAD. LONG LIVE BATTLEFIELD.

Do you remember when shooters were about shooting? What primitive, naïve children we were....

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah, I saw TB's WTF is BF3 Single Player Campaign.

Eh... ye know, as much as I wanted BF3 to just step on and then deliver the finishing boot to CoD... I now, wish that CoD would instead finish off BF. BF made a leap... over CoD... into that pile of s¤#& CoD was heading towards.

Well hopefully now CoD has maybe spotten that pool and will steer clear. If not... then we just need a shotgun and end the suffering of both of those series.

What... in... the... name... of... gaming... were... you... thinking... DICE?!?!

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Alexander Cunningham said:
Seriously? everybody is getting their panties in a twist over a rat? am I the only one who thought it was f'ing hilarious?
No, I thought it was unbelievably funny.
Well, it was 2:00 in the morning, so everything was funny..
But still. I liked it.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
There was way way to much of this in the single player, one of the many reason why singel player sucked balls.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
That rat QTE was the best moment in the game hands down. The other QTEs though... Eh not so much

I'm guessing that the final boss is gonna be a QTE as well... I can't blame them though it's a faux realistic war shooter, s' not like they can throw in Mecha Hitler as a final boss

No final boss from those types of game is ever gonna be good. (broad sweeping statement go!)
To be fair, the final boss fight is CQC. It's also kind of awesome, considering that you're handcuffed to each other.

The final boss of the co-op campaign is a dick, though. Extremely fast button press required and if you fail, he forces you to shoot your teammate, then caps you.