Criticize Something You Love

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Happyninja42 said:
I think you will enjoy the Stormlight Archive a lot. I mean, your mileage may vary, but seriously, those books rocked my socks with the level of awesomesauce they had in them. It takes a while to get to them, as they are thick books, and Brandon is a fan of a slow cooker buildup of the drama. But when it hits the climax of that first book, hot damn it's badass.

I actually didn't have an issue with the way they did the big twist on the badguy, I actually liked it. Not that it made me feel he was a good guy, he wasn't, it was just an interesting literary twist that you don't see very often. Where the terrible things a tyrant does is actually the best case scenario, given the alternative. But that over time, the coloring of those actions have blurred. It makes for some interesting possible theories about our own history and the various religions we have, and their true origins. But yeah, the books were just, meh to me by the end.
Alright I've enjoyed what I've seen so far I'm like a third of the way though the fist book. I like a lot of the characters that have been introduced so far. Slow build up, but I have no complaints about that.
That's fair enough I guess. When you get down too it wasn't that important. It dose seam like The Lord Ruler could explain himself a bit, but there you go.

Have you read Alloy of Law yet? It was much shorter then the previous Mistborn books, but he did dial back on the metaphysical "goddy" stuff. I liked it more then the third book. I was slightly smaller scale, but that's fine.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Monster Musume - It's obviously a show meant to arouse the audience with cheap fan service. Let's not ignore that, ever ... regardless of how likable the characters are, how tolerable the main protagonist is, and the amazing arc / plot for each Chapter is.

Dark Souls - Sluggish combat with mediocre graphics. Some monsters take you out of the game, reminding you that this is no doubt, a Japanese game with silly concepts like walking mushrooms that can KO you with a single punch.

Skyrim - NPCs feel dead and the side quests are a joke in comparison to games like The Witcher 3. Most mods, probably 85% and over are all lewd / sexual if not Rated 18+ because that's what we wanted in our vanilla open world game apparently ....

Dead Space - Mostly consisting of jump scares, the sequels suck (to be fair Dead Space 2 was pretty good but the 3rd game can rot in hell for all I care). Enemies get old in their jump scares later on, not enough variety, and unsatisfying ending. ESPECIALLY in the third game involving a stupid love triangle in a horror game. For god's sakes EA ....

Naruto Shippiden - Flashbacks to no end, dumb ending, last villain really blew with nothing memorable about em, Sakura still horribly useless which is unfortunate to those whom wanted her to stand out, and really cheesy parts that makes the whole series fall flat.
Sorry,but she was still more useful than almost all the other female characters in that show. Not to mention I think she had possibly the most character development in the series. not thats saying much in general mind you,

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Garry's Mod: The hitboxes are complete garbage half the time.

Super Mario Sunshine: The levels can be brutal and confusing on your first playthrough. Camera isn't perfect. FLUDD isn't the best at precision aim.
(It hurts to be forced not to say all the reasons i love this game though)

Borderlands 2: The first half of the game is too slow, making anything TVHM and later hard to fully enjoy.

Castle Crashers: Melee is the best through and through.

- And the most obvious one for last:

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The boss fights aren't great (although i heard have been improved).

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Games Workshop's products are overpriced, and their priorities are disjointed. I want their CEO to make a timelapse video and post it on Youtube. The video is him writing 'Weak support leads to weak sales' on a blackboard a hundred times.

The PS4's library is still too small.

Resident Evil needs to bring back laser sights and do away with that damned reticule.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
The Internet.
Because there are too many idiots and assholes out there that can use you as well.

Mass Effect Series..
Why? WHY did you do that to me? And now EA controls your destiny..

Adblock.
You help and hurt at the same time.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Charcharo said:
0takuMetalhead said:
Charcharo said:
STALKER cant tell its interesting story in a coherent manner. Buggy as fuck and obviously at times unfinished.
Good thing that there are the reclamations projects! That fixes atleast the bugs part. Though I still wouldn't touch CS.
You are actually talking to one of the people working on STALKER Clear Sky reclamation :)

*BTW, next version is great... like a new game basically*
Shame that I don't like CS. Still remember the mess that was trying to disable godrays. Though I really like the amount of fan support the games are getting.
If I kept SoC only with official patches I never would gett satisfying performance when using DX9 settings, which I luckily can with ZRP. Not to mention the dozens of other tweaks you can set to your liking.

That said, need to play it again when I have a good mouse.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Caramel Frappe said:
Skyrim - NPCs feel dead and the side quests are a joke in comparison to games like The Witcher 3. Most mods, probably 85% and over are all lewd / sexual if not Rated 18+ because that's what we wanted in our vanilla open world game apparently ....
This. Dozens, if not hundreds of NPC's and only one I actually cared for. A vampire no less and I despised vampires in Skyrim.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Nintendo: The whole Youtube let's play thing, free advertisement!! Let people show of your games!
And the whole WiiU marketing thing was quite a farse, but's almost 3 years ago so...

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Charcharo said:
Put them on Low. And you are done :)
That's the thing, it wouldn't let me without messing with the file that stores the settings. And that was after using a (earlier) version of Reclamation Project. That's now over a year ago, if not longer.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
lord canti said:
Sorry,but she was still more useful than almost all the other female characters in that show. Not to mention I think she had possibly the most character development in the series. not thats saying much in general mind you,

Alright ... *cracks knuckles* let's do this.

Rules: We're going by the biggest achievement each girl has done. The minor / helpful things can suffice, but i'm focusing on the major parts. Remember i'm having fun with this, so don't think i'm trying to shoot you down or anything lol.

Ino: Possessed Obito long enough to steer Juubi's omega blast away from Naruto. Had she not done so... our hero, who is one of the only people able to save the world- would of died. He didn't have any Kyuubi chakura left to avoid that nuke.

Hinata: Allowed herself to be captured by Toneri in Naruto the Last Movie in order to stop his plans. She led Naruto to the vessel's location and combined her power with Naruto's to destroy it. The vessel controlled the moon's rotation in which Toneri was going to drive the moon into the Earth. In other words, Hinata prevented the moon from crashing into Earth.

Temari: Helped the Shonobi Alliance stand a chance against Madara. I admit, she didn't really serve much purpose but the fact she survived and managed to lead on is quite impressive. She got a lot done in Naruto Part 1 but that isn't as significant as the first two girl's achievements.

TenTen: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... .... she captured the Sage of the Six Path's weapons but never really used them to save the day so ... she might be 'as' useless as what I claimed for Sakura.

Tsunade: Served as Hokage for the Leaf Village but that's a role so it doesn't count. However, she helped every other Kage fight against Madara, managing to break his Susanoo. Although this didn't really stop him, it showed her will power could overcome the ultimate defense. That and she used her healing abilities to get the Shonobi Alliance back on their feet when Madara, Obito and Jubi were wrecking crap.

Every other girl is quite as you said, useless or not on par with these girls. Sakura is a 50 / 50 take on whether she's useless or not.

I'm not impressed with her beating up the Jubi's monsters. Naruto and Sasuke had that covered. She DID help stop Kaguya from escaping, so that Naruto and Sasuke could seal the ultimate villain. That might be her greatest achievement but it's also kinda meh ... simply because Naruto and Sasuke would of eventually had her if they sped up.

HOWEVER. Sakura was super useful in Naruto the Last Movie, being a great adviser and insightful friend when Naruto needed support. She alone is what helped Naruto stay motivated to rescue Hinata, and also led him to infiltrate the base on the moon. Seeing her act so mature and informative with rightful knowledge surprised me with satisfactory. Without her, the movie would of felt out of place or even ... fell apart. She also gave birth to Sadara whom is an awesome female Uchiha so there's that.

While I admit she played more useful later on, it wasn't until the series nearly ended. Everything else, she needed to be rescued, or hardly did anything to provide the team with efficient help. Although she did, with Chiyo's help- defeat Sasori. I wished she had more moments like that but otherwise she didn't do much until far, FAR later when the manga series was at it's end.
Truhtfully, I've yet to see the last movie and honestly really have no desire to after how disappointed I was in the ending. my comment is more based off how tired I am of people claiming Sakura was truly useless. The first biggest thing she has going for her is that she defended and unconscious Sasuke and Naruto by herself for awhile against three sound ninja. Secondly, she had a hand in defeating the first member of the akatsuki clan.but if we're going for biggest achievement, then I'd have to go with her keeping Naruto alive long enough for him to get his god powers after madara was able to pull the kyuubi out of him.

edit: Igonre the part with her beating Sasori since you already addressed it.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Skatologist said:
TF2: Needs a whole bunch of stuff. Like why after 30 minutes of playing, why I usually get booted out of servers for a few hours? Why did we abandon MVM? When the hell are those maps getting out of beta? Why do all those paint jobs look unappealing? Is there any possibility of introducing female skins for the mercs too? Please.
I remember way back when people wanted Valve to put female versions of the mercs in TF2, with the most common counter-argument being "it will distort their silhouettes!".

WELP
I GUESS YOU WOULD KNOW ABOUT THAT
VALVE

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I don't understand this thread. From my experience on the Internet, any criticism directed at something means you hate it wholeheartedly.[footnote]Do I need to add "/sarcasm?[/footnote]

Soft drink (A.K.A. Soda, pop, stealth sugar storage containers): So much goddamn sugar and the diet/sugar free drinks often don't taste too good.

Xbox 360 and TV:The only reason I have the Xbox is because my friend didn't use it anymore. It has no HDMI port and my TV doesn't have regular inputs for non-HDMI devices. I needs an adapter for SD and HD component inputs, which I couldn't find and had to borrow from friends.

This really was much harder than I thought it would be. Witout including people, I can't really think of anything I like that I have a valid criticism for.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Mechanical pencils with .35 mm lead. On the one hand, you can make some of the most extremely fine and neat writing and drawing, on the other hand you'd better be wearing eye protection when you use these things because you will break the lead and you will do so frequently. And if you poke yourself in the finger without retracting the lead (so glad that the rOtring and Lamy mechanical pencils do this automatically), you will draw blood.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Resident Evil 4 - most the boss fights are a bit crap and the cut scenes are cheesy as hell (although I actually kinda like a bit of cheesy daftness in my cut scenes).

Borderlands 1 - too many filler quests and the ending sucked. Seriously, screw that ending.

Dead Island - too many things to list really, I'm honestly not sure why I enjoy that game so much.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Super Metroid: A proper final challenge would've been better

Nostalgia Critic: Makes too many forced jokes when making fun of those movies so many believe are bad as fact even though they can never prove it

2001- A Space Odyssey: Some scenes are too slow, and some of the loud obnoxious sounds are really loud and obnoxious (though I would never want to change it)

Coca Cola: It's probably shortened my life

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I will cover some games I gave 10/10 score. Even for me are the perfect games, I am not ignorant to forgive some flaws they have:

Dropsy [Windows]:
- At some point you will get confused where you need to go, cause of the lack of direction. You will lose value minutes only for that.
- Even if a story is present, the real story is very well hidden for the very curious players to find. This maybe is frustrating for players you want a 100% clear story and conclusion without to need to "work" to find the clues.
- Short for a 2D Point n' Click Adventure game. You need 8 hours to finish it all with the sub-quests.

Freedom Planet:
- Expect some grimdark moments in the game. If you are a Sonic fan and you expected a "safe" story, I believe you need to play the arcade mode to avoid it.

Shovel Knight:
- Sometimes its difficultly change drastically for the worst. Especially at the beginning.
- In the game sadly there is no any kind of indicator where you must look for the remaining important secrets you forgot to collect.

Odallus: The Dark Call:
- The very last boss of the game, is a giant difficulty spike. Beware.

Hand of Fate:
- Very repetitive at some point. Looking and hearing the same person for the whole time, it maybe become frustrating for many players.
- Many useless cards without any kind of reason to use them ever again.
- The enemies you fight are painful unimaginable.
- Luck take an important role in the game. You will need it a lot at the end of the game.

Copy Kitty - Turbo Edition:
- Its visuals are very dated sadly.
- It have a very interesting lore, but sadly it is not part of the main game. It hints some things of course, but we need to see a sequel for that I hope.

Orbital Gear:
- No many players.
- Some weapons are better than others. So you can always can have the overpowered/useful weapons at the very beginning.

Kero Blaster:
- Short in comparison with other similar games.

The Blackwell - Epiphany:
- You really need to play all the previous games of the series to feel indeed this game worth your time and money.

Final Fantasy XII:
- The story is so predictable, it make me hurt.
- The protagonist is unlikable and very girly.
- Some sub-missions need you to fight a boss for a loooooooong time.
- If you finish many sub-missions before you get to the main game again, its difficulty become a joke.

Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4:
- If you want to see the real ending of the game, you need a guide. No, I am serious. It is so well hidden you need a guide.
- The fighting isn't so exciting as the social part of the game.
- And once again you must use the same f*cking Demons all over again with some few changes.