Crysis 2 Will Have the "Best Graphics Ever"

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Good luck anybody finding a rig that will run it without selling your soul out to the gaming devil (otherwise known as EA).

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
We shall measure their claim's validity with the flaming husks of consoles and PCs that Crysis 2 produces.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ZeroDotZero said:
I stand against them!

Borderlands has the best graphics ever!
They sure are pretty.

Especially in the Armoury DLC. T-Bone junction is stunning looking.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
REALLY? How stunning.

Unsurprisedness aside, as a graphics whore, I'm looking forward to this.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Well, I'm not usually the type for this, but this image conveys my emotions on this topic perfectly:

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Well... Perhaps not the most unexpected statement of the industry this year... But as someone who actually liked Crysis, I must say I'm looking forward to the sequel... And I can't wait to lay my hands on the CryEngine 3 Sandbox....

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
Ehhh. Good graphics are nice of course... but i'd rather they focus on making the game fun instead of just pretty.

clammy

Mar 10, 2010
Well I still think that mario galaxy has the best LOOKING visuals of this gen.. and it's not even in hi-def.

Sometimes art style matters more than tech.

.. And ALWAYS gameplay matters more than both.

irishdude

Feb 4, 2009
ive never played crysis but i know it looks good, so wants the gameplay like to good fps games like halflife2 or any COD game?

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
ZeroDotZero said:
I stand against them!

Borderlands has the best graphics ever!
They sure are pretty.

Especially in the Armoury DLC. T-Bone junction is stunning looking.
Definately! In T-Bone, the light is so powerful the shadows just look immense. The DLC just blew me away completely.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"We're aiming to set the graphical benchmark," he continued. "Why would anyone not want to play a game with the best graphics they have ever seen, great gameplay, some engaging fiction, challenging AI, killer weaponry and a complete gaming experience like no other?"
Because it will probably melt my computer the moment the game gets within 20 feet of it?

I dunno.

NoDamnNames

Feb 25, 2009
Is it just me or do the screen shots look sub par and generic?

This is coming from a person not impressed by the first one. It felt really lacking, and the game play was nothing I haven't seen. If it cant awe me it should at least have a good game play/story. The Crysis series has always felt cheap and trashy to me...

The only game that has impressed me with its graphics in recent memory was God of War 3. Usually I think judging a game on its graphics is very shallow, as many ps2 era games are still eons ahead of most current gen games that try to dazzle you while the story and game play fuck right off. Thankfully God of war 3 left my jaw dropped, had a great story, and excellent game play.

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
I don't understand why Crysis was almost universally criticized for lackluster gameplay, yet Call of Duty 4, which was released in around the same timeframe, was praised in droves for excellent gameplay.

Personally I enjoyed Crysis, which had a (relatively) free roaming, "stealth or explosions, up to you" style of gameplay and excellent on-the-fly gun customization mechanic wrapped up in the best (and still some of the best) graphics available more than the glorified rail shooter that was CoD4.

Makes me think that most of the people criticizing Crysis for poor gameplay have never played it and are doing so simply to take it off it's pedestal.