Crytek Working on Fixing Crysis 2 Demo

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Crytek Working on Fixing Crysis 2 Demo

Users are reporting all kinds of glitches and problems, from freezing, to animation quirks, to not being able to connect to the demo at all.

The release of a multiplayer demo for Crysis 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA1MQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296132104&sr=8-2] on the Xbox 360 yesterday means that people all around the world should be enjoying some hot, nanosuit action. Unfortunately for Crytek, a host of technical problems are making some peoples' action rather tepid.

The reported issues on the Crysis forums [http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/topic6061/] range from problems with hit detection, to misreported latency, to disconnection and freezing problems, and even animation and graphics glitches. What's more, some people claim that they cannot connect to the game at all, seemingly because they are using a wireless connection.

In a short statement, Crytek downplayed the number of complaints, saying that the technical problems were limited to just a few people. It thanked players - or would-be players in some cases - for their patience and support and said that it was working hard on fixing the problems. With the demo ending in just over a week, however, Crytek will have to move pretty quickly to get these bugs resolved in time.

It's a little surprising that these issues weren't picked up in the game's beta tests, although they'll almost certainly be ironed out before its release in March. This is quite bad news for Crytek though, because for better or worse, multiplayer plays a big role in making an FPS successful. If Crytek wants Crysis to take on the likes of Call of Duty, and producer Nathan Camarillo has said [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107020-First-Person-Shooters-Need-Strong-Multiplayer-Says-Crysis-2-Producer] that he thinks the series can, it can't really afford to have these technical problems persist.

Crysis 2 comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on March 22nd in North America, and March 25th in Europe.

Source: Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/67280]

Coranico

Jul 28, 2009
While i'm grateful that i've actually been able to connect i had noticed quite a few problems with the game, i assumed this was down to lag but if they can fix them then this is probably going to be a purchase for me, mostly because i loved the first game.

Nov 9, 2009
No, they're not working on fixing it...fixing it means releasing the demo on all of the platforms the full game going to be released on.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
GIJames said:
No, they're not working on fixing it...fixing it means releasing the demo on all of the platforms the full game going to be released on.
Ninja'd

Was going to say by "fixing" do they mean realeasing the demo multiplatform just like the full game, I want to make sure without wasting my money that they at least made the PC version to PC specs, not dumbed down for the consoles

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
it can't really afford to have these technical problems persist.
I don't know it probably will miss a bunch and still get away with it, I see no reasons why it should be held to different standards from the other buggy messes that get to keep the bugs AND the love.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
well if it's that broken on 360, how broken will it be on PC? How about you give us a demo so we can see?

Also, FUCK THESE CAPTCHA THINGS. THAT ONE WAS IMPOSSIBLE

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
'A few user'? Yeah right.

Me and almost everyone I know has had it freeze the XBOX every time they try to join a game.

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
The hit detection seemed ok to me, but the kill-cam was completely WACKED . . . showing people shooting a wall, and then me dieing. Perhaps this is what people are talking about?

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
While they're at it, they should fix the terrible spawns as well.

Not impressed with the demo really.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
I must be in the minority here, as I haven't had a lot of problems with the demo at all.

I've only had the game freeze up on me once. I once got a bug where when I started a match the screen was entirely black and slowly became lighter as if you were opening your eyes very slowly. That, and at times it takes freaking forever to get into a match (the only problem that really annoys me). Other than those three things, I haven't encountered too many problems at all.

If they can fix the "Takes forever to get into a match" bit I'll be happier, but since that's the only real problem I've faced so far I'm not going complain too much about the demo.

ActualOvaltine

Jul 1, 2009
Yeah I would love to even connect but I guess the demo is "Searching for a game" for two hours. Ya know, makes sense.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Seems the words beta and demo are pretty much interchangeable nowadays. But it's great that Xbox 360 owners are beta testing this and can point out problems before the game is released. Now PC owners know that Xbox 360 controller support will be bulletproof at launch.....