Current Systemic Issues in the Anime Industry and Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yes they did. It's wrong to be sexually attracted to people who look like children. There. It's actually quite simple.
So Uzaki is fine, then, yes?
And adults with certain conditions should be doomed to a life of celibacy, yes?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Yes they did. It's wrong to be sexually attracted to people who look like children. There. It's actually quite simple.
The problem arises when people try to stretch this very reasonable opinion to include things like merely being immature mentally, or short and flat, or when they apply this to drawings of fictional characters and so on.

I don't think anyone here is advocating being attracted to people who look like children.

We're talking about anime, these are not people, these are drawings of anime characters. Their looks are fictional and so are their ages, and they can shift, you can have someone appear old and be young, some one be old and appear old and become young, there's tons of things that are possible so this absolutist analysis doesn't work. And as was established in this thread, chars who look like Uzaki-chan are also beloved, so there's really no particular fixation with the smaller chars.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
If she's an adult, and looks like an adult, then jerk it to your hearts content.
She's 19 yep, though people here were saying she is also no good. It'd be helpful to see this opinion presented when people call others creepy for liking her, and not only when you wanna complain about lolis.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Well then you and @lil devils x need to hash things out.

And you have something in common with Hitler regarding the eugenics thing.
Why? I don't necessarily think you should jerk it to adult anime girls, I just don't care enough to argue the point. But that's wildly different from arguing with you about whether it's ethical to be attracted to people who look like they are 8 years old. Especially when the examples you gave were from the real world. By the way, the answer is "no, it's not."

Also, lol at you acquitting eugenics with me saying that it's wrong to be sexually attracted to children.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Because, as Dreiko says, there are people who say "no, it's the mind that matters, not the body!" and there are people who say "No, the body is what matters, not the mind. You are the latter. Lil devils is the former.

Also, lol at you acquitting eugenics with me saying that it's wrong to be sexually attracted to children.
I think you mean "equating" not "acquitting". And yes, it is eugenics. You think that certain people should not be allowed to breed.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Because, as Dreiko says, there are people who say "no, it's the mind that matters, not the body!" and there are people who say "No, the body is what matters, not the mind. You are the latter. Lil devils is the former.
Then take it up with her.

I think you mean "equating" not "acquitting". And yes, it is eugenics. You think that certain people should not be allowed to breed.
No, I don't think you should be attracted to people who look like children. If those people can adopt, or be artificially inseminated, and safely have kids, then they can do so.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Nah, Housey. It's just certain people should not be allowed to breed with you.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No, I don't think you should be attracted to people who look like children. If those people can adopt, or be artificially inseminated, and safely have kids, then they can do so.
"You can never know sex because of this aesthetic condition you have. You just aren't fully human, sorry"
Sounds like hate speech.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
"You can never know sex because of this aesthetic condition you have. You just aren't fully human, sorry"
Sounds like hate speech.
You really are defensive about the right to be sexually attracted to people who have underage bodies. I don't have issues with people who have certain conditions. I have an issue with people who are sexually attracted to minors. You're the one who always seemed to think that the whole age of consent thing was bullshit anyway.

Reactions: lil devils x

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You really are defensive about the right to be sexually attracted to people who have underage bodies. I don't have issues with people who have certain conditions. I have an issue with people who are sexually attracted to minors. You're the one who always seemed to think that the whole age of consent thing was bullshit anyway.
You really are adamant that certain adults with certain disorders, outside of their control, should never know the touch of a lover, just because of how they look.

Look at yourself. Look at how far you're willing to go to 'stick it to the weebs'. You're saying that two consenting adults can never be together, based on body type.

Last edited:

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
You really are adamant that certain adults with certain disorders, outside of their control, should never know the touch of a lover, just because of how they look.

Look at yourself. Look at how far you're willing to go to 'stick it to the weebs'. You're saying that two consenting adults can never be together, based on body type.
nah, the person with the disorder can do whatever they want. they're blameless. what i'm saying is, if you're sexually attracted to underage bodies, you're a fucking awful person. the lowest.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
nah, the person with the disorder can do whatever they want. they're blameless. what i'm saying is, if you're sexually attracted to underage bodies, you're a fucking awful person. the lowest.

So of course I believe they should find love, obviously, but thinking it's only skin deep is an extremely shallow way of going about it.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Why do you keep trying to throw mumbler and lil devil quotes at me? Are you so bad at debate that you're having to turn to your enemies for arguments?

For the record, I like both of them, but we're not some ideological block just because we disagree with you. I'm sure the three of us disagree about all sorts of things. And that's fine, because neither of them seem like a danger to children.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
What I said, because you can't make your own arguments work
[/QUOTE]
Ok, I was having a good time, watching my movie and getting nice and drunk, when I find this shit. For some context, that was my "being chartiable" statement, but if you're going to use it against others than let me translate it for you:

If the only reason you are attracted to someone (adult, cartoon, fuck if I care) is because they look like a child, you are a fucking pedophile. I can not fucking believe I actually have to type this shit out.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why do you keep trying to throw mumbler and lil devil quotes at me? Are you so bad at debate that you're having to turn to your enemies for arguments?
More like my enemies are fighting amongst themselves now, all I have to do is sit back and watch.

Like Dreiko said, you remain silent when somebody says "the mind is important, not the body", and they remain silent when somebody says "the body is important, not the mind", and both of you care more about sticking it to the weebs than you do having a consistent position that you stand behind, which is indicative of bad faith.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So I guess I need to just actually state that there's a huge difference between someone who looks like a child and an adult who has a physical condition that makes them physically smaller than other people, because Houseman seems to be under the impression that the two are visually identical. Well, now you know they're not, and you can stop embarressing yourself.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
If the only reason you are attracted to someone (adult, cartoon, fuck if I care) is because they look like a child
But that was never an issue. The detractors said "this child was made to look attractive"
Casual Shinji said " because she's specifically designed to look like a sexy 10-year old "

It's not "because they look like a child", it's because "they're drawn to be attractive".

If it was an issue of just "because they look like a child", then we wouldn't be arguing over alleged "10-year-olds" in skin-tight dresses, we'd be arguing over this:

( Alluka Zoldyck from Hunter x Hunter, age 11)

But we're not, we're arguing over this:

Izanagi009

Legacy
May 7, 2020
Country
United States
I'm just going to point this out: Characters don't just spring from the ether fully formed with histories, body types, and personalities without intervention. Characters are made by human hands for a purpose or reason.

In the case of stuff like Tatsumaki, there was an intent behind the design being that of a kids body. In the case of Uzaki, there's an intent behind giving a college age student an overly childish personality.

I think the issue is that some of use see malice or at least ignorance behind the intent of Tatsumaki and Uzaki, an intent to appeal to the anime fandom regardless of possible social consequences.

While I will admit that i view malice in the intent at times, to go the other direction and assume that they aren't manmade for a purpose is bizarre to me.

Edit: I will say that personally, using developmental disabilities as a defense isn't a good look. in almost every case, there is a distinct difference between "an adult with a developmental issue" and "a child character with oversized breasts stuck on" or "a child looking character said to be of a certain age".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.