Cyberpunk Shooter Hard Reset Revealed

Jim Stacey

Mar 31, 2011
Harkonnen64 said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Is there anything Poland can't do?
Besides stopping a blitzkrieg?
That joke was in incredibly poor taste. And I had a good long laugh over it. Thank you.

As far as the game goes, the teaser trailer does nothing for me but the game description does. If they can pull it off, this has the potential to be very interesting. If not... meh, at least it'll give me something to do before Skyrim arrives.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
In The Matrix, the robots have taken over and humanity finds itself reduced to one last enclave, the city of Zion. It's here that Neo - that's you - makes his stand against the invading mechanical enemy. But as he's drawn deeper into the conflict, he discovers that nothing is what it seems.
Fixed. =P

Yeah, the premise alone doesn't carry much weight. I'd have to see some actual gameplay before I'd even consider getting excited.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Well I shall have to keep an eye on this one, yes.

I made a funny cause he only has one eye...guys it was funny.

It was funny damn it!

well i think it was funny....

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Realitycrash said:
Made a "squeeee!" when I read about a new cyberpunk-game. Made a "Siiiigh" when I noticed that I would once again be forced to play a grizzled, brown-haired male protagonist.
but its Dolph Lundgren though...He was the original Punisher, Ivan Drago, and GR13

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Holy crap a PC exclusive? The screen shots aren't too impressive. Hope to see some gameplay vids soon.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
Realitycrash said:
Made a "squeeee!" when I read about a new cyberpunk-game. Made a "Siiiigh" when I noticed that I would once again be forced to play a grizzled, brown-haired male protagonist.
That was my same reaction. I'm hoping we'll be able to carry more than two guns, the color palate will be more varied than Call of Duty brown, and he'll have some (gasp!) character development.
A man can dream, can't he?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Less Cyperpunk and more Steampunk is needed, in my opinion.
I'll wait until I see some gameplay to judge it.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I'll certainly follow it as we get trailers/gameplay footage/screenshots leading up until the release. "PC Exclusive" always wins you some points with me. Looks/sounds like it could be good.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I want to be hopeful given that I love me some cyberpunk and that is a pretty good set of developers.. but all I'm seeing so far is lots of buzzwords and a totally unoriginal concept.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
looks interesting I hope this starts a wave of Cyberpunk games to finally do something about the wave of boring FPS,s

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Wait what? So EVERY big game development company in Poland Coalesced into one giant super company? Wow.

I hate this "flashy images" style of trailers. Can never concentrate. Looking forward to seeing more.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
PC-only, cyberpunk, partly inspired by Bladerunner? Awesome! Can't wait! Hang on, what's this? Shooter? ...oh. Damn.

Can we please get some different genres? There are more kinds of game that can be made other than shooter, RTS, or "action-RPG" (meaning hack'n'slash button-masher).

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
UGH, the not-so-used cyber punk theme gets the dark, black, gritty, decaying city treatment that's been seen in a dozen other games from the looks of it. There's nothing setting it apart by it's stylizaion either.

Is it too much to ask they use color and light like they're not getting charged by the pixel for them?

I suppose I sound a bit bitchy, but it's so disappointing to see this cyberpunk game made to look like everything else (granted brief glimpses). It seems the more graphic advance, the more games look the same.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
blakfayt said:
I was like, "Sweet" then they said "PC only" and I went "fuck it" and was done.
This was my response, too. Well, two sales lost. Oh well.

lithium.jelly said:
"action-RPG" (meaning hack'n'slash button-masher).
Not all action RPGs are button mashers. Just the trashy ones.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Nah, more cyberpunk and even more steampunk is needed. Less gritty brown modern stuff would be good though

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Seems cool bro.

Seriously tho, it seems cool enough, just call me back when there's a Fifth Element-esqe GTA announced.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
dyre said:
hazabaza1 said:
Nah, more cyberpunk and even more steampunk is needed. Less gritty brown modern stuff would be good though
Personally, I was never a fan of Steampunk. Cyberpunk is way more my style.

What we really need tho is a dinopunk game. :D

Cuacuani

Nov 16, 2009
In the spirit of not getting my hopes up and then being disappointed, I'm going to pretend that I'm not excited and that the whole concept sounds like crud.