Cyberpunk Shooter Hard Reset Revealed

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Too early to judge but sounds like something that has potential. Whether or not that potential will be realized we'll have to see.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Having recently read the Neuromancer series by William Gibson, this makes me pretty damn excited, and its credentials are solid. Will be keeping an eye on this one :)

Domoslaf

Nov 10, 2009
Flying Wild Hog, the studio behind the game, is formed of veterans of People Can Fly - that's the Painkiller and Bulletstorm folks - CD Projekt RED - you might have heard of their Witcher games - and City Interactive - they'd be the Sniper: Ghost Warrior guys. That's the kind of lineup that gets my attention, and makes me think that maybe it's not all empty talk.
Well that's about the entirety of Polish game development scene, so it's not saying much, really.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
*yawn*

Was that just a pre-rendered trailer? Sorry, but a game coming out so soon without a game-play trailer is a major turn-off for me. Are we really to be treated like idiots?

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Very fitting considering that I am currently listening to the Blade Runner soundtrack.

I can't say that it looks good, since i haven't seen anything, but I'll keep an eye out.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Kahunaburger said:
That should be interesting, at the very least. PCF and CDPR bode well, but didn't Sniper: Ghost Warrior kind of suck?
Yes, and all games City Interactive have released so far. Just look at this: http://www.metacritic.com/company/city-interactive?page=1 If all their games had received a proper rating (and not even all of their games are listed, because they pump out mediocre titles every month) it would look even worse.
So yeah, I sincerely hope that City Interactive's involvement in this project won't be much else than the guy taking out the garbage from the office at the end of the day.

TheComfyChair

Sep 17, 2010
mad825 said:
*yawn*

Was that just a pre-rendered trailer? Sorry, but a game coming out so soon without a game-play trailer is a major turn-off for me. Are we really to be treated like idiots?
It's on PC, of course it wasn't pre-rendered, it doesn't need to be(In all seriousness, it isn't pre-rendered).

Regardless, it's not like it's a particularly pretty game by the looks of it (very good by console standards, maybe, but merely average by PC standards).

Also, the studio is formed of Veterans of these companies. It's unlikely that any of them made any of the previous games on their own, so the studio name is irrelevant. It could be the worst people from CDPR, PCF and the best from CI, we don't know :)

HandfulofWolf

Jan 27, 2010
TheDooD said:
Realitycrash said:
Made a "squeeee!" when I read about a new cyberpunk-game. Made a "Siiiigh" when I noticed that I would once again be forced to play a grizzled, brown-haired male protagonist.
but its Dolph Lundgren though...He was the original Punisher, Ivan Drago, and GR13
It's not actually Dolph Lundgren.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
HandfulofWolf said:
TheDooD said:
Realitycrash said:
Made a "squeeee!" when I read about a new cyberpunk-game. Made a "Siiiigh" when I noticed that I would once again be forced to play a grizzled, brown-haired male protagonist.
but its Dolph Lundgren though...He was the original Punisher, Ivan Drago, and GR13
It's not actually Dolph Lundgren.
I know that it, looks like him though.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Hmm...I'm intrested, but I'm not sold. I'll wait to see what Yahtzee says.
If it takes it's FPS gameplay from Painkiller, it's graphics and story from The Witcher 2, he probably shouldn't hate it. Then again, if Yahtzee has taught me anything, it's that optimism is always a bad idea.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
This doesn't sound particularly cyberpunk to me. It sounds like a Terminator retread. The Matrix had some cyberpunk elements, but even it doesn't quite fit the bill, since human civilization was utterly destroyed and hanging on in little pockets. It was post-cyberpunk, if anything, but really more just a particularly awesome take on post-apoc. I'm not even sure where Painkiller fits in, as fun as it was, it doesn't go along at all.

You need teeming billions, technoshock, huge urban wastelands that ring the glittering fortresses of the privileged and constant reminders of the stark contrast between the haves and the have-nots. The poor don't necessarily starve or go homeless in a cyberpunk future, but they're corralled in stinking tenements and fed foodpaste, while the wealthy and powerful are godlike immortals. The adventures take place in the spaces between these worlds.

A cyberpunk shooter would be, well, it would be Deus Ex.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Yeah, I'm stoked. If it's anything like Painkiller but with a cyber-punk twist, I might aswell crown this my game of the year already. To hell with Portal 2 and Battlefield 3.