Daily Drop: GameBoy

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
they should have shown it still worked after the crowbarring because i'd bet money that it still does, i swear those brickboys could survive reentry and impact

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
They really don't make them like that anymore. Though I wonder just how much it cost to get that, and I think that another hit right in the middle of the screen was needed, to get some real parts flying

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Evil the White said:
<spoiler=My favorite system when I was young (before I got my PS2 and more SMT games) was the special edition Gameboy colour>http://i.testfreaks.co.uk/images/products/600x400/11/game-boy-color.439307.jpg

DJPirtu

Nov 24, 2008
First I was like "What blasphemy is this?!"
But then I remembered that the thing is made from Nintendium.
It propably still worked even after the crowbar hit.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Nintendo consoles are notoriously difficult to break. I've seen a GameCube still functional after being cut IN HALF.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
That is one tough piece of hardware. They should have a sledgehammer for a fallback.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
DJPirtu said:
First I was like "What blasphemy is this?!"
But then I remembered that the thing is made from Nintendium.
It propably still worked even after the crowbar hit.
Pssht. Crowbar isn't near enough to stop a Game Boy, I mean those things can take high explosives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeTXPaewMo

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Poor Gameboy Pocket. This is what I like about Nintendo's handheld systems. They can take a couple of drops and still work. But I never bothered to drop them on purpose or from the same height as DD.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh man that was brutel! How could you? That could of been worth alot more in the future!

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Not enough carnage!

If you're going to destroy childhoods, destroy them good.

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
*sees it falling* "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!"
*sees it land a second time* "sigh, those things were built like a brick weren't they?"
*crowbar* "OH GOD NO! WHY!?!"

I wonder where my gameboy is right now...? It stopped working but maybe it's still around somewhere.

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
Sacrilege!!!!! Also my GameBoy looks a lot like yours did after the 1st drop (missing the screen overlay) but mines also lost the back too.

Says a lot about the build quality though if it needed the crowbar, if only the same could be said about current hand helds, my PSP Slim and my old DS Lite both already showing signs of age =(