Daily Drop: Teaser Trailer

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
JZmada said:
Redchili23 said:
I'm not big fan of the whole idea. Random items and gravity? I can do that at home.

Sorry guys but it doesn't look interesting at all to me.
This x10^9999

To add, I kind of feel betrayed by the escapist for even endorsing such iq dropping slag after picking up Extra Credits, which so far has always been a smart show that presents arguments in an intelligent manner. Besides, how many more shows are they going to get on this website? They already have 3 that are funny, why add 1 that isn't?
You haven't seen the show, so how do you know it's bad? It doesn't seem as structured as a lot of LRR's other stuff but it could be good. You just come across as smug and a try-hard intelectual. If it doesn't interest you, don't watch it. But don't go bitching about the quality of what you get for free every week.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Ya know before I read some of the comments here I never understood the, "Escapist is full of pretentious snobs", argument. Now I do.

I'd like to note here that was only aimed at those of you who feel that this show is bad/will ruin the site, because it's not intelligent.

For my opinion, yeah watching stuff happen in high speed is fun. one of the reasons I like mythbusters.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I actully love slow motion crap, not like slow motion running but like, watching a drop of water hit the waters surface is just entrancing in slow-mo, so this is somethign I will love XD

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
There are trailers/promotions, and then there are cockteases. This, my friends, is a cocktease. It's like watching Mythbusters without ever seeing them actually perform the myth. Just the build-up then BAM, commercial >:I

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
I like watching how things break from a scientific viewpoint, so I'm all over this game. Hooray for gravity!

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
meh. To me it just seems like Time Warp on Discovery Channel only with less stuff happening. I also get the feeling that the LRR-crew is balancing too much stuff now. One of the shows will eventually start to suffer from ALL of the stuff they have to do.
But who knows, I may be pleasantly surprised.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Are they just dropping things. I'm confused what the show is about.

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
Nothing against fun. I'll definitely watch what they got there and if i don't like it i won't bother none. But i have to point out that a contributor of The Escapist itself said something like "if we want more quality we have to demand it". It was in "ExtraCredits and about games, yes, but i see no problem in transfering it and droping something and filming it isn't a simple but briliant idea like "Plants vs. Zombies", but a bad spinoff like "Sonic Unleashed" or [insert game here you think the world never needed]. I would call that hypocrisy, but that's just my opinion.

cookson.pat

Dec 11, 2009
I must say, I am very excited to see this series. Most days are spent working on increasingly complicated projects, and I rarely have time to enjoy the simple things in life. This is one of those beautiful simple things in life where I can turn off my brain for 30 seconds and enjoy watching an xbox hit the ground in slow motion (amongst other items of course).

I really don't see what the problem is though. If it's not for you that is fair, and it is your right to say you don't like it. That being said, I don't believe this is going to ruin the 'integrity' of The Escapist. The Escapist as a whole is here to entertain, whether it be through an intelligent discourse on how video games affect an individual psychologically, as with Dr. Mark's piece, or whether it be a fun and simple concept that many people will find fun to watch, as in dropping objects that shatter in slow-mo and are sometimes a fish.

albear

May 18, 2009
reminds me of something like 'will it blend' and the countless other parodies

hope theres more to it

LtWiesel

Jul 26, 2010
Could the "mimimi this will be lame" people wait till thursday before complaining?

And to the guys who can do this at home: Im not a master of time manipulation so i need this to see things falling in slow motion.

markt1964

Sep 2, 2010
I'm inclined to agree with some previous comments that 10 feet ( read as 3 meters... I'm Canadian, dammit! ;) ) may not be high enough for many things other than those that are already fairly brittle and fragile. Perhaps LRR might consider some episodes where things are dropped from maybe ten times that height, if possible?

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Sounds... odd. :p

But how dare you drop a 360! Some people don't have one (e.g: me)!
And some people don't want one (e.g me)! Go ahead you can even drop a PS3 or even A MAC!