Daily Drop: Teaser Trailer

Balmong7

Apr 9, 2010
This is oddly reminiscent of stuffonmyhead, and if i didn't love LRR i would be accusing them of holding the Escapist staff at gunpoint and demanding more shows for higher pay.

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
JZmada said:
Redchili23 said:
I'm not big fan of the whole idea. Random items and gravity? I can do that at home.

Sorry guys but it doesn't look interesting at all to me.
This x10^9999

To add, I kind of feel betrayed by the escapist for even endorsing such iq dropping slag after picking up Extra Credits, which so far has always been a smart show that presents arguments in an intelligent manner. Besides, how many more shows are they going to get on this website? They already have 3 that are funny, why add 1 that isn't?
Betrayed? They've given you hours of free and hilarious videos and the ability to voice your opinion to people who will actually listen. If anything, you owe them.

OT I really do want to see this because stuff being smashed in slo-mo is oddly interesting. And like a fellow Escapist has said, it would be better if they dip stuff in liquid nitrogen then drop it.

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
Knoxy said:
Really? The site decides to go for it's first every daily show and all they can think of to fill the time slot is a variation on "Will it blend?". Seriously guys, not impressed. How can you people decry the lack of innovation in videogames and then go for paint by numbers, lowest common denominator content on your own site?

Honestly so far we have:
Two "Caustic Critic" shows, that there totally aren't a billion of on the internet. /sarcasm
One mock news show. *cough* The Onion (and Not the Nine O'clock News and Dead Ringers and... you get the picture) would like their idea back *cough*
One Cartoon that started out with a kinda cool premise, but then decided that tired pop-culture refrences were more "down with the kids".
And....
One "wacky" sketch comedy show.... I really hope that one doesn't need elaboration.

Seriously at this point the site is starting to look like Youtube's greatest hits.

Lets not forget the biggest issue of all of course which is that this is the 4th bit of content on the site to come from Grahm Stark et all. I wouldn't have a problem with this except they're all running concurrently!

In short while I'm sure Daily Drop will be popular (or at least not unpopular) it really does worry me that a site which gave us real gems like "There Will be Brawl" has been reduced to this.
If you don't like it, go back to Russia. Also, stay off my /b/ too.

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
My first thougt about a new show was "yay, more stuff from a site i like because it is about games and films in a funny, original, intelligent and sometimes educating way"
Now i have watched the teaser, have to cross everything positive out of my definition of the site and have thoughts like "boring, waste of recourses, quality over quantity"
This is not original, as some always pointed out all the other shows doing this, you don't need to be creative nor intelligent to drop something and if you aren't analysing the result in at least a semi-scientific way it's also not educating. For some it might be funny, but someone always thinks "it's funny", even if a living being is bleeding to death on the street (may not be the best comparison i admit).
If this wasn't a very very teasing trailer and it realy is just about droping stuff and see what happens, you don't need this show. Please use your new camera for something more creative.

mountainfire

Forum Lurker
Jan 23, 2009
Donojosh said:
Is their anything that Graham Stark doesn't do on the Escapist?
Zero Punctuation? Oh wait, I guess he tried that out once. Doomsday Arcade? Erm.

ESCAPE TO THE MOVIES. Hah! I got you good, there!

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Nope.
Sorry, this is just stupid.
I expect more from the Escapist.
This is just sad guys. Really freakin sad.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
This is some crazy-complex setup to Rick Roll a good percentage of Escapist readers. Or at least I kind of hope it is. This is the kind of content that sunk G4TV for me. As much as I trust the comedic integrity of LRR, I probably won't be tuning into this, just as a personal statement.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
This idea is simultaneously supremely stupid and interesting. I'm not sure how to feel right now.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Sounds... odd. :p

But how dare you drop a 360! Some people don't have one (e.g: me)!
Jon Etheridge said:
Drop it like it's hot. If you guys take request, I'd like to see a watermelon.
(360) it is probably red ringed it may have been Matt's fault.
(watermellon)oooh that would work beautifully!
***** of a mess though.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
GrahamS said:
Donojosh said:
Is their anything that Graham Stark doesn't do on the Escapist?
Nearly everything.
so are you secretly trying to take over all video content on the escapist?
if so, the plan is working well!

Nov 5, 2007
I love how people are acting like the internet is going to run out of place and somehow this daily thing is going to stop other shows from appearing on here.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
pretty silly unless whatever it is is being dropped from an incredible height ... say like 10 stories

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
Eleima said:
Looks like fun! Although I really can't approve of you guys dropping food when there are people starving on this Earth, but that's the "don't waste" education that was drilled into me. ^_^

Looking forward to it!
Waterparks and pools in general are just as wasteful, really, by that logic.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I think this goes to show that people on the internet will be entertained by anything. ANYTHING.

Oh, I'm going to watch the series. Of course. I fall under the category of 'people on the internet.'

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
BRILLIANT

I will definitely be watching it, who doesn't love shit getting dropped in slow-mo.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
You guys are going to need a vat of liquid nitrogen. EVERYTHING is more satisfying to watch shatter after it has been dipped in liquid nitrogen.