de-rez: Resident Evil

de-rez

Jan 30, 2008
Resident Evil

In this episode of de-rez, Leon Kennedy goes looking for zombies in all the wrong places.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Wow... much better than the first couple... The bit with the 'healing herb' made me chuckle (how the hell does Leon revive himself with plants in the game?! It makes no sense...). If these videos keep improving like this, then I can't wait for the next one!

Scypemonk

Proud TBB Warrior
Sep 26, 2007
Some of the jokes and references feelt a bit overused, aside from that, its definitly the best one, keep up the good work.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
I thouroughly enjoyed that. It felt a lot more professional than the Hitman one, had some great lines, and they made much better use of the initial concept. I really look forward to more like this.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
1200% better, Great work!

If you keep picking on gameplay mechanics like you did, then you will make a truly great series!

I'll tune in next time lol

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Nice one, de-rez! It was clever, funny, and well-written all the way around. I loved the gag about the camera angle... definitely a laugh out loud moment.

marco75

Feb 15, 2008
This clip made me realize how silly computer games are -- which is painful to admit, since they have been a lifelong obsession.

My favorite part was the herb, and the fact Leon's expression never changes.

immortal88

Nov 7, 2007
This was much better than the first one. Not laugh out loud funny yet, but you're improving at least. I'm glad that the 3rd place winner's comment about using camera angles similar to games made it onto your radar. I thought it was a good idea when I read it, and seeing it in action was definitely the funniest part of this video.

Hengst2404

Aug 29, 2007
It certainly was a marked improvement over the previous installment and if things continue to improve it could get even better. Definitely did a better job of showcasing how ridiculous games like RE are when you actually analyze what they have you doing. I almost wish they had spent some time discussing how stupid all the rooms locked with bizarre animal locks or symbol shaped keys. Still, nice recovery from the previous episode.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
Ooh one criticism, your continuity with door shots and sound effects were a bit off.
Ah well lol

Natsu_Blaze

Jan 23, 2008
See? See how great this stuff can be if you work at it? ^.^
That said, it did feel like it started to drag at the end, and I didn't get the Spaniard thing (except I know that there are Spaniards in RE4). It was still really funny, though. Loved the whole "There was a typewriter in there!" thing. Seriously... I know Yahtzee's pointed out that RE dialogue is ridiculous, but this was brilliant.
...What was the deal with that scene, though? Were you making fun of respawning?

Lightbulb

Oct 28, 2007
Thats was brilliant! I watched it twice in a row.

Almost all the gags made me laugh.

I look forward to the next episode! :)