de-rez: Yahtzee's Biggest Fan

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
GideonB said:
lol i wonder who played that yahtzee impesonater.
Chris... the main character. He's in all of them.

I can see why there was so long a wait. You had to grow the beard. After watching it once more, I can't stop laughing at the, "At least it's broken." part.

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
HobbesMkii said:
Perfect. The only problem is that the ZP only folks will never see this.
They'll see Yahtzee's biggest fan and they'll come swarming to it like...like...something that swarms to something...
they'll come swarming just like fat kids swarm around McDonalds at 2:00am on sundays.

arasesco

Jul 30, 2008
Hmm.... Cheap shot, you can be offensive up to a point but this just seems like an attempt to attack ZP and thats very cheap...

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
HAHAHAHA, first time I watched it it didnt run properly, but this time.. HAHAHA right on boys.

"Awww... my sweet hat!" :(

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
I really enjoyed the Video. Made me laugh pretty much throughout. However, the only main disappointment in it for me was the acting. I thought Chris' acting was spot on, really good infact. However, the other guy couldn't act. I mean no disrespect here, but I just couldn't get into it whenever he was talking.

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
From a critical point of view, I would have to agree on the poor sound quality and pacing. Acting wise you cannot really pass judgement, either you can act or you can't, and if you can't then doing it yourself beats trying to find somebody who can and finding out they are an extreme egomaniac (he says swinging his broadsword of stereotyping).

As far as the subject matter is concerned I thought at times it was very funny and, as I myself only tend to watch the ZP videos, kind of accurate. It has also been criticised for being insulting or bad form, something that I find most amusing for the following reasons:
1 - If you watch anything other than ZP then there is nothing aimed at you to be offended about; if you don't watch anything else then maybe, just maybe, it hits a little close to home.
2 - If you feel it is being disrespectful of Ben Croshaw then maybe you should think about what the video is saying about fanboys and then listen to Yahtzee's own well voiced opinions on the subject.

BigDaddy02

Jul 27, 2008
Haha, I'm a ZP fan and i liked this one. Might actually start watching these and see where it goes. Didn't really find this one offensive at all. But perhaps Yahtzee might think otherwise...

Jerry B

Jul 30, 2008
I'm a regular ZP fan, and I'm bored at work. I figure, hey, let's take a look at other stuff here, see if anything is good to watch or even slightly amusing. I watched a few other de-rez videos before this one, and found them consistently boring, unamusing, and generally uneventful.

Sad to say, I'll find something better to do. Waste of wasteable time.

GokoWildheart

Apr 24, 2008
good De-rez and sits about were the 3d realms one's ^^. Love the blood splat even if it's not right it's just funny XD. Keep them coming ^^

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
OK fine since we're now saying "how dare you make a parody of Yahtzee fanboys and the escapist" then I'll fire a shot into this war now that it has been officially declared.

"I think De-Rez is funnier than Yahtzee, hahahaha! De-rez you have balls the size of tennis balls for doing this, and knowing Yahtzee, he probably thought it was hillariously awesome."

*does not check Yahtzee's site"

*balls go in my mouth now*

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I thought this episode was very disapointing, particularly seeing as we had to wait twice as long as usual to watch it. I did laugh a bit (when he was looking at de-rez) but most of it was undeniably sub-par. I am interested to know how many copies of Assassin's Creed you have though.

BigDaddy02

Jul 27, 2008
As I have noticed during this 20 minutes of watching de-rez I wasn't actually enjoying it... sorry to say but it was a waste of time.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
DerGermanGuy said:
Well, I guess it's time now for Yahtzee to review de-rez...
He did a while ago when they first parodied him:

Yahtzee said:
Oh yes, and those guys at the 'other' Escapist video series, De-Rez, have made a quaint little video in which I fall victim of parody. Ha, ha, ha, those crazy guys. I take their jabs with good humour and sincerely hope they don't inhale any Drano anytime soon.

In all seriousness you should check out De-Rez's videos, they're pretty funny when they're not desperately beating jokes into the ground like they're trying to drill for oil OH SNAP YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED MOTHERFUCKERS

No, really, those guys are cool.
Anyway, I think a few people are taking this to heart. If you watch any of DeRez, you can see it's just their humour. Noone's actually having a go at anyone.

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
well I loved it, you managed to piss off tons of rabid fanboys, blow shit up and even poke fun at yourselves in the process, top form!

Lemah

May 25, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
I liked it but I agree on the pauses, some were far to long and strayed into the dangerous territory of "akward silence" where I was wondering if I should say something to move the scene along.
Agree with you, I do. Good effort though, and it's clear you guys put a lot of thought and time into creating it, but it just didn't "get going," ... so much so that I only "got through" half of it. Keep trying, and learn from watching other more "polished" video efforts.