Dead Island: The Best Zombie Game Trailer Ever

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
45,698
0
0
Dead Island: The Best Zombie Game Trailer Ever

[video=2773]​
There's a new Dead Island [http://www.deadislandgame.com/] trailer on the tubes and even though it's for a videogame, it's one seriously powerful and disturbing piece of zombie cinema.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little tired of zombies. They're nowhere near the saturation level of, say, vampires, but they're pushing it. Even so, I have to admit that this new trailer for Dead Island, while not exactly subtle with the emotionally-manipulative button-pushing, is pretty heavy stuff.

Dead Island, for those unfamiliar with the name, is a first-person survival horror game set on a tropical island vacation paradise that somehow ends up infested with hordes of the shambling dead. The focus will be on melee combat, although there will be shooter bits and even some RPG elements as well.

The trailer doesn't tell us anything useful about the game but as an attention-getter it absolutely knocks it out of the park. We can only hope that Dead Island the game is as good as Dead Island the trailer.


Permalink
 

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
1,976
0
0
This trailer has caused so much buzz it's silly, I've seen loads of people hyped about the game but as far as I can see, the trailer tells us next to nothing. It could be a zombie racing game for all I know. Not that fussed about it, yet.

Here's a recut version of the trailer that I actually found more interesting.

 

Beat14

New member
Jun 27, 2010
417
0
0
They sure have set a high benchmark for the game, I hope they're able to live up to it, as overestimating a game always leaves me feeling disappointed and almost conned at times.
 

manythings

New member
Nov 7, 2009
3,297
0
0
Eagle Est1986 said:
This trailer has caused so much buzz it's silly, I've seen loads of people hyped about the game but as far as I can see, the trailer tells us next to nothing. It could be a zombie racing game for all I know. Not that fussed about it, yet.
You say zombie racing like that could be a bad thing. A great trailer can be a sign of great project directing and vision without letting fuckwits add fuckwit ideas to the mix. *cough*Condemned 2*cough*

EDIT: That other version is far less interesting/impressive. When things are just spelled out like that it immediately diminishes impact.
 

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
7,744
0
0
I only saw the trailer this morning, but I am already looking forward to it. The first game I've really looked forward to this year, but the trailer did push all the right buttons.
Even if it is just to see what it is like, I'll have to get this game when it comes out.
 

uppitycracker

New member
Oct 9, 2008
864
0
0
Wow, now this is a proper trailer, prolly the best one I've ever seen for a video game (and i mean trailer, not gameplay video). I am most definitely gonna try this one out, if they can keep the atmosphere in the game anywhere near the atmosphere in the trailer.
 

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
1,976
0
0
manythings said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
This trailer has caused so much buzz it's silly, I've seen loads of people hyped about the game but as far as I can see, the trailer tells us next to nothing. It could be a zombie racing game for all I know. Not that fussed about it, yet.
You say zombie racing like that could be a bad thing. A great trailer can be a sign of great project directing and vision without letting fuckwits add fuckwit ideas to the mix. *cough*Condemned 2*cough*
Oh don't get me wrong, zombie racing could be great! It's just that this trailer delivered so little information that I just can't get interested in this game. It may well turn out to be great, I hope so but I'm not holding my breath.
 

manythings

New member
Nov 7, 2009
3,297
0
0
Eagle Est1986 said:
manythings said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
This trailer has caused so much buzz it's silly, I've seen loads of people hyped about the game but as far as I can see, the trailer tells us next to nothing. It could be a zombie racing game for all I know. Not that fussed about it, yet.
You say zombie racing like that could be a bad thing. A great trailer can be a sign of great project directing and vision without letting fuckwits add fuckwit ideas to the mix. *cough*Condemned 2*cough*
Oh don't get me wrong, zombie racing could be great! It's just that this trailer delivered so little information that I just can't get interested in this game. It may well turn out to be great, I hope so but I'm not holding my breath.
Then i think we can call it a step in a good direction and see where that leads.
 

Red Rum

New member
Feb 25, 2008
579
0
0
That trailer scared me s#!tless.

Also it seems that Killzone2-style "slow motion bad-ass action to somber music" trailers are becoming more popular. I saw a Youtube video in the same style, where Hugh Jackson's Wolverine was fighting ninjas.
 

Evilsanta

New member
Apr 12, 2010
1,933
0
0
The trailer was great, atleast when it comes to delivering atmosphere and hype still I look forward to the game. I just hope the game can live up to the trailer.

And if you will excuse me, I need to get this clear liquid out of my eyes...
 

shadyh8er

New member
Apr 28, 2010
1,778
0
0
I just hope that the actual game has those same graphics! That's like Heavy Rain caliber stuff right there!
 

ANImaniac89

New member
Apr 21, 2009
954
0
0
Well Condemned 1 proved to me that I like malee based FPS's and since I never really got hyper into the whole zombie fad I'm not completely burned out on zombies.

well I'm interested and hope the game turns out as good as the trailer.
 

olfelix

New member
May 14, 2010
129
0
0
No telling if this game will be any good. But they did a bang up job creating a trailer that causes actual emotion from the viewer.
 

sephiroth1991

New member
Dec 3, 2009
2,319
0
0
WoW, that's all i say even if the game turns out bad that is still a good trailer, I hope to hear more from it, It looks like the zombie game I dreamed of making one day.
 

ajofflight

New member
Jun 5, 2010
379
0
0
I remember this game being announced YEARS ago, it must have been 2 or 3 years by now.
Still, I'm looking forward to it, I like the idea of a non-left 4 dead zombie game.
 

LostintheWick

New member
Sep 29, 2009
298
0
0
I agree that the zombie thing is way overdone now. I used to be a huge zombie genre fan, but it's too much for me. It's obvious everyone is trying to jump on the gravy train.

BUT- The trailer is well done and reading a description of this game has me interested enough give up my temp ban on zombie-anything and check it out.
 

Distorted Stu

New member
Sep 22, 2009
4,229
0
0
It made me lol because its played backwards. The guy runs up to the zombie, turns around and forces it to hug him.

Trailer looks brilliant, gets tot he point.. but its nice to see the actual gameplay too
 

hittite

New member
Nov 9, 2009
1,681
0
0
I'm sorry, but no. No no no. Child death is never funny. Feel free to play the game if you want, but I, for one, will pass.