Dead Island: The Best Zombie Game Trailer Ever

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
This looks kind of interesting, but to be honest, I prefer shooting things to punching them. At least I think so, I could be wrong. I never got to play Condemned; the only game I can think of with combat they seem to be going for. That the PC version came out much later just screamed shitastic port to me. The fact that its sequel has no PC version didn't help.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
This is the first Zombie game I'll be tempted to buy (RE aside) and it's because of this trailer, so I guess it did its job.

That said, it has given them a benchmark to meet because players will be expecting a powerful and emotional, not to mention good, storyline.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This looks awesome. I know zombie stuff is everywhere, but I still love it. There are good zombie games and bad zombie games. Left4Dead/2 versus Zombie mode in CoD games. I was hoping a game like this would come about if it actually turns out the way it's supposed to.

I had an idea for a zombie game, and more I thought about it, it would be The Walking Dead survival horror game, in Atlanta, haha.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
SpiderJerusalem said:
Meh, aside from the intriguing take of playing the footage on two different time levels, one of which is in reverse, the entire "zomg, we killed a child, IN A GAME!" feels like cheap bait and a desperate attempt to stir buzz and controversy over a bag of hot air.
I think you're mistaking videographic art for 'a desperate attempt' for anything. The trailer is masterfully put together, and if you think the child (and her death) is the focus, then the whole thing just went over your head.

Not to mention that children were being killed in games long ago. Hardly a new concept.

While we obviously know very little about the actual game from this trailer (I never even heard of it until I saw this trailer), the trailer is more then doing it's job: People are talking about the game. Whether you like it or not, anyone reading this is also thinking about the game and the trailer. Job well done.

It's got the game on my radar, at least. Gotta see what comes out of this amazing trailer!

dropZero

Feb 10, 2011
hittite said:
I'm sorry, but no. No no no. Child death is never funny. Feel free to play the game if you want, but I, for one, will pass.
I don't think anyone is viewing it as funny. The girl's death is what makes the trailer so sad.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
It is a brilliantly made trailer. Shame th game will never live up to it. They never do. You know it's not going to be as deep. It sounds to me to be dead rising in Barbados. But we will see after gameplay footage.

Paularius

May 25, 2010
Game looks interesting but i'd still like to know a bit more about it. I'll pass if its just another run in and kill 100 zombies without breaking a sweat kinda thing. But if its based more on serviving than just mowing them down then it may a great game.

Joe Myers

Classiest Kid
Oct 25, 2010
hittite said:
I'm sorry, but no. No no no. Child death is never funny. Feel free to play the game if you want, but I, for one, will pass.
No one ever claimed it was funny or was intended to be. What it did do was tug the heartstrings though, and make the scene a lot more haunting than it could have otherwise been.

As a whole though, being a fan of zombie games, I'm looking forward to how this game will end up.

jamez525

Wasting His Title
Oct 4, 2009
SpiderJerusalem said:
Meh, aside from the intriguing take of playing the footage on two different time levels, one of which is in reverse, the entire "zomg, we killed a child, IN A GAME!" feels like cheap bait and a desperate attempt to stir buzz and controversy over a bag of hot air.
This is more than just 'lets kill a child because it's cool', it is more about the emotions. The father doing whatever it takes to save his child, even though it is too late, and he probably knows it. I understand it is cool to not like things that popular at the moment but surely you can see that this is more than just a cheap attempt to stir up controversy?

gummiworms

Jan 14, 2009
I saw this trailer around yesterday, and I really do hope that this trailer is an indication of how the game will turn out. This had such and amazing direction behind it, and hopefully this direction is also behind the game. Hope to seem some actual game play, probably at E3

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well personally I liked it when they got attacked because them being happy is some uncanny valley shit right there. Also I dunno about best zombie game trailer ever... I still prefer L4D2.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
That's... that's some depressing stuff right there.

Although as powerful as that was, it has to be one of the most confusing uses of Memento-esque backwards/forwards mode I've ever seen.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Wait wait wait...they finally released a trailer?!?! Holy shit yes! I love it! I've been following this game for years with my brother, and to see that things are finally happening is amazing news! Thanks escapist!

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I have yet to overdose on Zombies yet, so this trailer looks awesome for me. It seems this time they're taking the whole apocalypse thing a bit more seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead like crazy, but this is different. I like different.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
So i take it you arent going to play as that family.

Impressive how everything just looks more epic when you rewind the action in slow-mo

You can probably make the most boring thing look interesting when you do that, ever looked at a fire lighting up in reverse and in slow-mo?

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
my vote for best trailer of the year goes to batman arkham city :p, but this one is cool to.

no biggy about the kid thing what all children vanish in event of a zombie outbreak? or children are not on zombie brain menu? pretty powerful stuff.