Deadpool Movie to get Reboot

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Here's hoping... And for a bit there, Wade Wilson was actually pretty cool with his mouth, so I would love to see Ryan Reynolds get that role again, with writers, directors, and producers that actually support him. Watch this interview, he gets just gets it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9r3wm7brtE

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Armitage Shanks said:
cleverlymadeup said:
yeah well here's a news flash, he's NOT part of Wolverine's origin story. if you want anyone you should put in James and Heather Hudson because they were major parts of his back story. oh yeah and the rest of Alpha Flight should have been in there, not Deadpool
Its not about who's origin story it is, its about the movie establishing canon, right? What if Deadpool's movie had come first, and in it Wolverine featured, but his character (not just his actions, but his character-say he never got the adamantium skeleton for example) was changed drastically for plot purposes? That kind of thing would annoy Wolverine fans who want to see the character get a treatment true to source material, regardless of what movie he's appearing in.
ok if you want to establish canon, then why not use the canon already there and Deadpool would NOT be in the story. it would involve Scott and Heather Hudson, Snowbird, Shaman, Aurora, NorthStar, Puck and the rest of Alpha Flight because they were very important to his origin story.

so they've actually already messed up his story by even including Deadpool

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Monkeytacoz said:
DaxStrife said:
Best way to have Deadpool break the 4th wall in a movie? Make a custom "no talking/cellphones" spot before the movie with Deadpool threatening violence on the audience if anyone tries answering a call or texting while he's working.
i would pay to see this
I would pay double to see that!

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Jonatron said:
I've only saw Deadpool in XMen legends 2. I actually want to read some comics with him in them, but can't find an online archive or anything and can't be bothered sourcing the books.
They finally started releasing the older Deadpool comics as trades. The first trade collects the first two limited series, The Circle Chase and Sins of the Past--both quite good, for very different reasons. The second trade starts collecting the regular series started by Joe Kelly, and it is fantastic. Your local comic shop should be able to stock them, if not, they're on Amazon.

And for the record, I think Reynolds' five minutes as Deadpool was the best part of the Wolverine movie, even if the script didn't seem to fully understand the character. If Reynolds is teamed up with a writer and director who get it, we could get a really good Deadpool movie.

heyheysg said:
How are they going to have a main character who you don't see the face anyway?
In his regular series, Deadpool had a disguise gadget that could change his appearance to anybody (and used to hilarious effect in one issue when he disguised himself as 1960s Peter Parker).

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
ok if you want to establish canon, then why not use the canon already there and Deadpool would NOT be in the story. it would involve Scott and Heather Hudson, Snowbird, Shaman, Aurora, NorthStar, Puck and the rest of Alpha Flight because they were very important to his origin story.

You misunderstand me. The Movie canon is obviously different, for several reasons, to the comic canon. So when Deadpool features in the movie canon (ie. Wolverine) with a significantly changed appearance, his fans are worried that it establishes bad movie canon, so that when they make a Deadpool movie, the perception is that he is likely to be a different character from the one they know and love.

Am I making more sense?
Jaqen Hghar said:
They could actually do this. 'cause one of the scenes shown after the credits [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdaBrbbGLg] show us that they could go on from there. The incident at the end of W:Origins resulted in him losing his extra powers, going completely nuts, and having to wear the suit because he is now ugly as heck. I'd say that would work perfectly, and it would even make it canon according to W:Origins.
That wouldn't be too bad a trade off. They can't re-do his role in Wolverine, but if instead of an origin story they showed his transition from villain to grudging anti-hero they could probably start it that way.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
nilcypher said:
"We need someone really imaginative because we want to do some really innovative, ambitious stuff. Ryan's mentioned this in an interview already but there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema. We have to work out how to do that. I don't know that Fox will agree with all our decisions, but we'll see!" She added.
Would it really be a deadpool movie if he didn't?

I'm seriously excited now that they have announced they are ignoring the character slaughter that was X-men origins. I think Ryan can pull off breaking the fourth wall though. Have him try to do it the way that deadpool did in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. The "You're laughing with your eyes! I can see it!" bit would be great for a try out.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
jboking said:
nilcypher said:
there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema.
Would it really be a deadpool movie if he didn't?
Actually, subtlety would work better than a blatant aside. Have someone say something stupid, and just have deadpool slowly turn his head so he's looking straight into the camera for ten seconds, then resume... Or have him holding a Deadpool comic at some point.

Yes, Deadpool breaking the fourth wall is fun, but it's also in HOW he does it, and simply talking to the audience has been done before.
I think both styles have their place in the movie. I can see how blatant asides could be a little dangerous to the success of the movie though.

I think Deadpool holding one of his comics would be great. I could just imagine him flipping through a Deadpool comic or the movie script to find out what is going to happen next.

Niska

Jul 1, 2009
Please oh god let it be so and let it be that we do see the same guy playing him. I mean that guy is perfect for the part as EVERYONE wants to hit him...hard...

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Armitage Shanks said:
cleverlymadeup said:

You misunderstand me. The Movie canon is obviously different, for several reasons, to the comic canon. So when Deadpool features in the movie canon (ie. Wolverine) with a significantly changed appearance, his fans are worried that it establishes bad movie canon, so that when they make a Deadpool movie, the perception is that he is likely to be a different character from the one they know and love.

Am I making more sense?
they actually do it all the time, so them changing him in a movie where he's not the star or the main character is not surprising. it's just the fact that no one realises that the movie was NOT about Deadpool and he was NOT the star.

also i do believe they changed several things from the X-Men movies to this one

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
Okay, they're going to have him break the fourth wall which is a start.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
ohohoho...I found out about this a long time ago, and I'm still extremely hyped!
This is going to be amazing! Deadpool is plain hilarious.