Deadpool Movie to get Reboot

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Kalezian said:
Joshimodo said:
They should look at Wolverine's Deadpool, and do the complete opposite of that.

Deadpool is one of the best anti-heroes going, and one of the most amusing, too.
Get Ryan Sohmer as one of the writers, nothing could go wrong............

also, we need to obligatory yellow boxes in the movie:
He could speak in another language and his subtitles could be yellow instead of white.

The 'yellow boxes' thing doesn't work outside of comics. Wade never mentions them in outside media, such as the animated films he's been in or the video games. Deadpool breaks the fourth wall appropriately to the media he's in.

...Actually, he could mention that the yellow boxes are gone.

wolfskin

Sep 10, 2008
Didn't one of the little tid bits after the credits in Wolverine show that the Deadpool Wolverine fought wasn't Wade Wilson? I didn't see it personally, but I'm sure someone told me that one of them was Wade picking up "Deadpool's" severed head.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
wolfskin said:
Didn't one of the little tid bits after the credits in Wolverine show that the Deadpool Wolverine fought wasn't Wade Wilson? I didn't see it personally, but I'm sure someone told me that one of them was Wade picking up "Deadpool's" severed head.
I heard about that too, but I think it was a joke spread about the internet.

I actually think Ryan Reynolds would be perfect. Especially since he brought it up in CaD issue... 3? I think... But yeah Reynolds is a good choice. GOOD.

Okay, who do we want to play Sandi and Outlaw.

OH MY GOD I JUST REALISED.

SYMBIOTE DINOSAURS.

make this happen.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
wolfskin said:
OMG first time i hear this. That would make so much sense cuz obviously silent Deadpool would be crap and fans would be furious.
He is super cool anti-hero and i cant wait for the movie. I agree Rayan is fit for the role he just needs good writes to make good jokes.
Breaking the 4th wall now thats gona be interesting i personaly love it when filmmakers do it but it has to be done right or it will backfire on them.

p.p: Any ETA released?

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
Regardless of everything bad that's said about Deadpool in the Wolverine movie, I thought Reynolds absolutely nailed the character in the first half of the film. Can we get Zach Braff to play Weasel and the old rapping lady from the Wedding Singer to play Blind Al?

Actually, they could re-use the Wolvy Deadpool as long as they used the excuse that his healing factor reset his genetic code until it was the only power left, snapped off his Baraka blade and cut off his lips in a fashion that meant that they couldn't grow back... Come on who's with me?

Apackof12Ninjas

Oct 12, 2009
All I ask for them to do is at least keep Ryan Reynolds, he did a great job at doing Deadpool during the first 20 minutes of the movie but yeah was 'silenced' during the end. /facepalm

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
heyheysg said:
The first 5 minutes of the Wolverine game was better than the entire Wolverine movie

But Ryan should drop the Green Lantern role if he wants to do Deadpool properly

How are they going to have a main character who you don't see the face anyway?
The title screen in the Wolverine game was better than the enitre Origins movie

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Ok now they just have to make sure they get a writer to do it that actually has read a comic book or knows what Marvel is. They mention the name Ryan in the column and I can only hope it's Ryan Sohmer.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
This is Hollywood's chance to redeem themselves when it comes to Deadpool. In the first half of Origins they stuck to his character but someone somewhere thought "wait a minute this is about Wolverine so lets change him up to make Wolverine look better" and they all agreed. If they mess him up again they lose my faith

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Ah yes this takes me back....when wolverine came out I was incredibly upset on how they used Deadpool and thought to myself they should give him a movie. and also..

I came close to screaming when they killed Deadpool and I thought I was upset by it a friend (a girl actually) came up to me the next day and grabbed me and pulled me in close while saying (yelling actually) how could they kill him......that was a good day.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
Mrsnugglesworth said:
QuirkyTambourine said:
Well if they reboot the Deadpool plot from Origins...doesn't that make the whole Wolverine movie moot? Please say it does

Can we try the whole thing again?

....please?!?
Only if you fund it.
Okay! I'll give you everything in my pocket!

*rummages around*

I've got....11 dollars, 62 cents, a piece of gum and a strand of lint. Is that enough?
add a bag of doritos, some guacamole and you have yourselve a deal!! (only, it will be in spanish and filmed with handy cams, and Wolverine will be mexican)

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I'm reminded of the ending of this video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfTPOpXh_8]...

And of these [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1R5PhReY5k] videos [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xcMxnNzp2I], too...

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
QuirkyTambourine said:
Well if they reboot the Deadpool plot from Origins...doesn't that make the whole Wolverine movie moot? Please say it does

Can we try the whole thing again?

....please?!?
Yeaaaah, I'm all for ignoring Wolverine myself. That movie was the worst thing ever to come out of the X-Men franchise, bar nothing. The whole thing combined was like if Batman Begins, instead of doing what it did with the whole Ra's Al Ghul plot, decided that Bruce Wayne was originally a boy named James T. Batman and that he originally worked as a rodeo clown until his half-brother, Thomas T. Joker, massacred his whole rodeo, leaving only him alive. Traumatized, he decided he'd never clown again and went off and became a millionare for some reason, randomly adopting the alias Bruce Wayne. Then his girlfriend tells him a story about bats and gets killed by the Joker, and he takes up the cape and cowl to avenge her. Also he's a ninja.

All within the first fifteen minutes of the movie.

... Yeeeeah. This cinematic abortion of several of Marvel's finest characters really has to be forgotten fast before any more horrifying, half-baked posts like this come out of me...

Phillip C

Sep 28, 2009
Kalezian said:
Get Ryan Sohmer as one of the writers, nothing could go wrong............

I'd say something like this could be a hint at what could go wrong.

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
jboking said:
nilcypher said:
there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema.
Would it really be a deadpool movie if he didn't?
Actually, subtlety would work better than a blatant aside. Have someone say something stupid, and just have deadpool slowly turn his head so he's looking straight into the camera for ten seconds, then resume... Or have him holding a Deadpool comic at some point.

Yes, Deadpool breaking the fourth wall is fun, but it's also in HOW he does it, and simply talking to the audience has been done before.
So, turn him into Jim from The Office for a second? Actually, I'm sort of okay with that idea, or just have him turn and comment on a stupid bit to the audience.

I also like the idea of him flipping through the script or a Deadpool comic to see what's supposed to happen next, like they did in Robin Hood: Men in Tights.