Death Of The Lich King, World First Kill of Arthas Reported

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
So he's dead now. Well I suppose that means Blizzard will have to shut WoW down now. I would love them to do that.
You do realize how many nerds, myself included, would storm Blizzard's HQ weilding plastic swords and nerf guns? They're not suicidal man...

Looks like the Guild in the picture is Horde. Take THAT Alliance! Lok'Tar Ogar....

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Amnestic said:
Archemetis said:
Amnestic said:
Archemetis said:
Armored Prayer said:
Dang. Arthas is a lot bigger than the rest of that group in that photo.
He's larger than most of the times you see him outside of the raid too...
Odd.
Somebody never watched Power Rangers as a kid.
You're trying to say that the Lich King wasn't the ultimate evil and in fact Rita was behind the scourge all along?

"Make my Lich King, Grow!"

I'd bother to gear up for raids if that was true xD
If I were any good at making machinima, I'd likely make a short with pretty much that plot.

Seriously though, the reason he's taller is so everyone in the raid can see him clearly when they're ramming their assorted weaponry and spells down his throat, nothing else to it. 'Lorewise' he's the same size he's always been.

Until Lord Z turns up anyway.
I get why he's bigger, All I was saying is that he's a damn sight larger than he is any other time you bump into him. Barring the time you see the "image" of him in Utgarde Pinnacle.

And even in those few occasions he's already a fair bit taller than player characters...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Archemetis said:
Amnestic said:
Archemetis said:
Amnestic said:
Archemetis said:
Armored Prayer said:
Odd.
You're trying to say that the Lich King wasn't the ultimate evil and in fact Rita was behind the scourge all along?

If I were any good at making machinima, I'd likely make a short with pretty much that plot.

Seriously though, the reason he's taller is so everyone in the raid can see him clearly when they're ramming their assorted weaponry and spells down his throat, nothing else to it. 'Lorewise' he's the same size he's always been.

I get why he's bigger, All I was saying is that he's a damn sight larger than he is any other time you bump into him. Barring the time you see the "image" of him in Utgarde Pinnacle.

And even in those few occasions he's already a fair bit taller than player characters...
He's been popping Burning Legion brand steroids since he put on his spiky hat.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Amnestic said:
Archemetis said:
Amnestic said:
Archemetis said:
Amnestic said:
Archemetis said:
Armored Prayer said:
Odd.

He's been popping Burning Legion brand steroids since he put on his spiky hat.
"Let's see here, millions of people all trying to kill me over and over again for the sake of stealing equipment from me?.... *sigh* better start hitting the Firewater potions again..."

Badazzninja

Dec 20, 2009
*apocalyptic middle finger eruption* SUCK ON THAT, ALLY N00BS! THE KING IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE HORDE!

...actually, i quit playing WoW a few months ago. just following it from a distance. old habits die hard, i guess ^^
also, it looks like some people here need to keep up on the Escapist articles on the subject of WoW and it's canonization issues.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Maybe it's because I don't play WoW but why does it matter who killed him first? It's just like who cares who has the first post on ZP? Honestly someone tell me

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
Gladion said:
Archemetis said:
That's definitely commitment right there...
More like obsession...
Exactly. I quit playing because it just takes too long to do stuff. I'd rather have something more fulfilling that didn't make me feel like it was never ending.

There's satisfaction in beating a game entirely.

Fun game though.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
mattttherman3 said:
Maybe it's because I don't play WoW but why does it matter who killed him first? It's just like who cares who has the first post on ZP? Honestly someone tell me
We all remember the 7th guy on the moon right?

Being first is impressive. It's remembered. It's not "been there done, done that."

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Nooooo! The Dark Lord has fallen! Quick rally the scoruge and avenge his death!

OT: Well, the one thing Blizzard has feared has come to reality. There main baddy is killable. I kinda wanna see what they plan to add to the game now that Arthas and the Scourge can be defeated and after Cataclysm of course.
I haven't even watched any of the Cataclysm trailers yet, but now that Arthas is pushing up daisies my money's on Neltharion (aka Deathwing) as the next expansion pack boss, which would be pretty sweet.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Hmm, Blood Legion would be the one's to do it, assuming they are still as militant as the last time I played.

Although I may be confusing them for another guild, come to think of it...

Bato

Oct 18, 2009
lordlee said:
And now Warcraft 4 makes the whole thing non-canon.
It was non-canon as soon as it went to MMO.
Seriously, no one group of dudes should be able to kill the god-like Lich King.
Or any and everybody reach the 80's level.

It shouldn't be canon when everyone can reach god levels.
Only the best and the strongest, Thrall, Arthas, Illidan, et cetera.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Cataclysm is going be a different experience for me, lore-wise.

Thrall's passing Warchief over to that arrogant moron Garrosh Hellscream, and Hellscream's first action is to reinforce Orgrimmar and declare war on the Alliance. Because, you know, Deathwing isn't a threat, right? On top of that, he's executing Cairne Bloodhoof for being a "traitor to the Horde" and his son is stepping up as chief of Thunder Bluff.

Well, looks like I'm rolling a Worgen after all. Sadly, it seems I'm going to have to get reacquainted with the Alliance. Ugh.

Maelgwyn

Nov 26, 2009
If I can play as a Murloc, Ill play as horde. Although I want to also be a tauren cause I reckon they rock.

Well, my main is about 32 levels too low even to attempt it. And I gotta get a lot of armour specs.

So good on em - it would have probably taken a few runs

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Sonicron said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Nooooo! The Dark Lord has fallen! Quick rally the scoruge and avenge his death!

OT: Well, the one thing Blizzard has feared has come to reality. There main baddy is killable. I kinda wanna see what they plan to add to the game now that Arthas and the Scourge can be defeated and after Cataclysm of course.
I haven't even watched any of the Cataclysm trailers yet, but now that Arthas is pushing up daisies my money's on Neltharion (aka Deathwing) as the next expansion pack boss, which would be pretty sweet.
Cataclysm will no doubt bring some new dungeons in there, but the whole purpose of it is to revamp the original lands. No trees in Ashenvale, Lava in the barrens etc etc. Just to make the first 58 levels more interesting.