Decide Whether Gears 3's Sidekick Lives or Dies for Charity

Hman121

Feb 26, 2009
I would like to see yet another Carmine die. My friend and I have this thing about calling newbies and screw-ups Carmines.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
The Carmine brothers I think are easily the most likable characters in the series, Save Carmine!!!

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
I'd save him, but you KNOW his ass is going to be straight up killed. Don't act like you don't expect this.

If death is the case, I call that he's ripped in half by laser or monster.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
There are four Carmine brothers, by the way...

I'm going to vote for die... just because I like to keep it consistent. And Carmine is always my favorite character in every game and it just wouldn't be the same if he's a tough guy and actually survives.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
I'd say no, using the "Saving Private Ryan" mindset. The mother lost two kids, why a third? By the way this is a brilliant idea by Epic and Microsoft.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I think we should kill him just in case it's a clever trick and the third Carmine brother's evil and kills off everyone else.

Wait, what am I saying? A Carmine wouldn't be able to do that if he wanted to.
Save the little scamp.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
Auctioning a characters fate for charity, thats a great idea and very tasteful. Save a Carmine kid to save a kid!
I wonder if this will translate to other series? If we raise enough money will mario finally get somewhere with princess peach? And if we make enough money will they stop making gimicky bull shit like motion controls?!? It would be alot of money, but I think if we all pull together we can make this world a better place!

annil8tion

Oct 27, 2009
I'd be really rooting for the death if that idea of "saving private carmine" DLC actually happen, that would be awesome! If not then he might as well live

Mr.Kitetsu

Mar 7, 2010
carmine
voted most likely to be shot in the head
^_^
he should be the only one that survives

Tempest Fox

Oct 18, 2008
SwimmingRock said:
I'm going with save, but if he does end up dying, I hope it's epic. A and B died relatively pathetic deaths; I hope C goes out doing some seriously amazing shit. You know, like he's all pissed off because he's lost his brothers in the war and goes out riding the bomb into the enemy base or something.

Also, didn't the letter from Benjamin in GoW2 mention there being a fourth D brother? Or is my memory just terrible? Haven't played the game in a while.
I think you were right about there being a fourth Carmine. And maybe it'd lose its mystique or charm, but what if, in the event Clay's set to die, he unmasks himself or gets unmasked as he goes off to die? I mean, for the past two Gears games, we've come to know the Carmine family moreso by name (and I guess helmet as well). Would it lose its touch if Clay was unmasked as he was running off to meet his fate?

...again, that'd be assuming he's offed in the game. Or hell, if he survives, maybe he removes his mask and thanks Marcus for being with his brothers during their last moments of life (as humiliating as they may have been). Either way, it seems like there's some good possibilities with this Carmine, be it in life or death.

Razorin Faust

Jul 7, 2010
Definately save Carmine here.
I didnt really care for the first one, but in Gear 2 if was really hoping he would survive.
So the third instalment should be free of dead Carmine.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I vote live, Carmine has always been a favorite multiplayer wise and while Anthony wasn't that fleshed out, I actually felt bad when Ben died.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Ha! I knew this one would be a badass! I'm also going to say that he's got a grudge against Marcus for two of his 3 (the third died in 2 as revealed by the collectables) brothers' deaths.

Anyways, I may just have to get some Live Points just to save this guy. Their poor mother needs at least one kid to live.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
This reminds me a bit of when DC Comics held a phone poll to determine whether Jason Todd, the second Robin, would live or die in an explosion caused by the Joker.
With a margin of only 62 votes, with over 10,000 cast, he was killed off... Only to be resurrected years later as the Red Hood

It's pretty awesome that they're doing this to support Child's Play though. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.