Define Your Game In One Quote

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
"Listen up, Phones! The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go."~The World Ends With You

"DO A BARREL ROLL!"~Star Fox 64

Loud Hawk

Jun 8, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 4:

"War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged weapons, use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine."

Runner up:

"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Augh!"

-The Experiment (also known as Experiment 112)

Said by the protagonist quite often, and by all impatient players.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
MisterM2402 said:
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? ¦^D "

Surely it's more fun to guess them, right?
The Happy Mask Salesman in his Majora's Mask incarnation, I believe he says that when you meet him in Deku form for the first time. It's also been popularized by the Creepypasta "Haunted Majora's Mask Cartridge"....thing.

Do I win?

Andrew_J_Drake

Oct 23, 2011
"But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails."
"Ooh, ooh, what kind of message? A song? a summons? Wait, i know! A death threat written on the back of an Argonian concubine? Those are my favorite."
-Sheogorath, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I love Sheogorath, period, so I couldn't narrow it down to a single favorite comment. So i gave two, i think they show the game in general quite well, a mad affair with no real point except the madness. Except when it isn't.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Friday the 13th - NES

"You and your friends are dead!"

Truly.

Khundes

Mar 25, 2011
Recettear - "Capitalism, ho!"

Because that line makes me smile all the time, and describes what goes on pretty well in that game.

FreebirdLegend

Feb 3, 2011
Cryostasis

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.

Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.

- Vladimir Solovyov
Or
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl
I don't know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I'll never know... But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that.

Blade1130

Sep 25, 2011
"The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper more terrible it grows behind you, it's edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love."

Anyone who guesses that gets a digital high-five.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
"Ho Hee Ho! My name is Black Frost and it's time to kick some ass!" - Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

"What're ya buyin', stranger?" - Merchant, Resident Evil 4

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
woodaba said:
"What can change the nature of a man?"

Self-Explanatory really.
"one foot in the grave, the other in hell"
"time is not your enemy forever is"

some more planescape for you

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
If you want to see Mary,
then you should just die.
But you might be going
to a different place, James.

Another:

Here come's a new challenger

oZode

Nov 15, 2011
you know our motto, we deliver from halo combat evolved.

This is a line said by foe hammer in the silent cartographer that stuck to my head since I played the halo combat evolved demo from the Xbox expedition demo games pack disc when I was five years old.

It describes halo to me quite well because they do indeed deliver.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
walk softly and carry a big gun
because it sounds silly but its exectuded very intelligently and embodies the space marines for me

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Mass Effect 2: "Ahh yes, 'Reapers,' the immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting is dark space. We have dismissed that claim."

The second half of the first and majority of the second game are spent in what is mostly secrecy trying to find a way to stop the Reaper invasion and anihlation of the Galaxy. Even after sacrificing countless lives, countless HUMAN lives to save their own pitiful existence, the council still does nothing but twiddle their thumbs in their asses and goes, "LOL REEPURRS? WUT U TALKIN BOUT DERR R NO REEPURRS HEAR!"
*Cue Reaper fleet coming to destroy entire galaxy in final game*

rolfwesselius said:
walk softly and carry a big gun
because it sounds silly but its exectuded very intelligently and embodies the space marines for me
Ha, actually that's a quote from Theodore Roosevelt. "Walk softly and carry a big stick."

~The more you know~*