Define Your Game In One Quote

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Chairman Miaow said:
RELOADING! Reloading. Reloading! RELOADING?!?!?! reloading....

Guess the game and you win a cookie.
Left 4 Dead (or it's sequel) ? Where you hear all your friends announce they're reloading the moment you get a break from the undead.

"I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster." -GLaDOS - Portal 2

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
9thRequiem said:
Chairman Miaow said:
RELOADING! Reloading. Reloading! RELOADING?!?!?! reloading....

Guess the game and you win a cookie.
Left 4 Dead (or it's sequel) ? Where you hear all your friends announce they're reloading the moment you get a break from the undead.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner, I asked this trustworthy looking fellow to come bring you your cookie. I'm sure he will arrive soon.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Legend of Mana - "I can provide with you everything."

Ace Attorney - "OBJECTION!!!"

Pokemon - "Gotta catch 'em all"

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Persona 4:

"You're me and i'm you" and "reach out to the truth"

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney:

"Objection!"

"Indeed! Verily I say! Ergo!"

Thk13421

Nov 22, 2009
Dwarf Fortress: "Strike the Earth!"

Because, at it's core, DF is about angry drunken midgets in a cave and this quote perfectly reflects that.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Stalydan said:
9thRequiem said:
Saint's Row the Third
"Do you even know me? Of course we're taking the tank!"
I think that is the perfect line for that game. Or even the call from Kinzie afterwards.
I was always partial to "Wait, your robbing a bank... dressed as yourselves?"

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
TPiddy said:
Stalydan said:
9thRequiem said:
Saint's Row the Third
"Do you even know me? Of course we're taking the tank!"
I think that is the perfect line for that game. Or even the call from Kinzie afterwards.
I was always partial to "Wait, your robbing a bank... dressed as yourselves?"
Also a great line :D

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
"You don't need a reason to help people."

-Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Throughout the game, Zidane's key trait is that he's a thief with a heart of gold. Many times, he offers to help those who are less fortunate. He is asked why he does this, by both allies and enemies, and each time, he gives an answer similar to the quote.

Xirei said:
"Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
--Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V. The game liked to take itself seriously enough, but that was mostly a lie. It was a lot of campy fun when it wasn't telling a great story.
And then Clash on the Big Bridge plays, you gear up for this epic battle...and he gets his ass kicked.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
Metal Gear Solid: "Snakes don't belong in Alaska."
This is the line of Vulcan Raven addressing to Snake in the snowfield, moments before the boss battle begins. I don't know why, but in my mind, from the very first time I played the game this line seemed to me cool and meaningful.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
Metal Gear Solid: "Snakes don't belong in Alaska."
This is the line of Vulcan Raven addressing to Snake in the snowfield, moments before the boss battle begins. I don't know why, but in my mind, from the very first time I played the game this line seemed to me cool and meaningful.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
"It is a good life we lead brother."
"The best. May it never change."
"And may it never change us."

This music still gives me chills when I hear it. It's just so perfect and I can't explain why.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Majora's Mask: "WE NEED MORE TIME!" -Tatl.

This quote just defines the whole theme of the game, you don't have enough time in 3 days to help everyone.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Killing Floor: "STEP RIGHT UP AND DIE!!!"
Because you will die against the patriarch (or a fleshpound, or a scrake if you're not prepared, or even some of the weaker ones if you don't stick together) quite often. This is a fact of the game. The average loss-to-win ratio is really quite high since there's a good difference between a good team that can get to the high waves and a great team that can kill the patriarch. You can have a team of six great players all die if you're not coordinated enough.

VVVVVV: "D=" Because you will see your character make that face several hundred times if you keep playing.