DELETED

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
black lincon said:
in Chicago it is illegal to eat in a burning building, and it is also illegal to tie your giraffe to a light post.
*holds hands out*
Cuff me.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
black lincon said:
in Chicago it is illegal to eat in a burning building,
Ok, when I first read that, I completely missed the "in", making it much more entertaining.

Also, it's illegal in Canada to pay a debt of more than twenty five cents entirely in pennies. I can see the use of this one, my friend bought $200 shoes and paid in 50 cent penny rolls. The clerk obviously didn't know about this law, and COUNTED EVERY ROLL. Sucker.

Cuniculus

May 29, 2009
black lincon said:
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
in Chicago it is illegal to eat in a burning building, and it is also illegal to tie your giraffe to a light post.
Well how the hell else am I supposed to get really hot Mexican food?
you could eat it in an oven, or next to a volcano.
Too cramped/too exotic.
well then you could light yourself on fire, there's no law against eating a meal while on fire.
.....touche.

Mar 17, 2009
WrongSprite said:
6. Any form of sexual contact other than missionary position is a misdomeanor. (This is still a law. There have been several cases of people being brought up on these charges in the past 5 years alone. If the police enter a home with a warrent for some other crime and catch the 'culprits' in action, they can, and are, brought up on those charges.)

What the hell florida?
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the US Supreme Court struck down sodomy laws in all of the U.S. in 2003. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_United_States#Important_Supreme_Court_decisions]

Wouldn't that mean that other sexual acts other than the missionary would be allowed?

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
there's a law some where against letting your donkey on an air craft, but if it gets on with out you knowing, your allowed to take it sky diving.

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
albear said:
In Chester, its legal to shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside city walls after midnight
I'm picking you as an example, don't be offended, you were just convenient.

I would stake a lot of money that over half these laws are bullshit. They're just the kind of false trivia that the internet breeds so very well (e.g You Swall 8 Spiders In Your Life)
The fact that this is the third variation of this "law" in a page and a half furthur supports this.

Some of these laws are probably merely precedents set in court. The elephant one probably came from an actual case (if indeed it ever happened) and the judge ruled that as the elephant was obstructing the bay it needed to pay as acar would.

There are a great deal of archaic laws around (Used to be complusory in Britain to practice with your longbow every sunday) but just because nobody has got round to removing the laws doesn't mean they still stand. And, as I recall, a few years ago there was some legislature passed that pretty much ignores any ancient stupid laws.

Player 2

Feb 20, 2009
albear said:
In Chester, its legal to shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside city walls after midnight
I am so going to take my physics teacher there. Just need to get a bow and arrow.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Here in South Carolina:
Fortune tellers must have permits to do so. Yes, we have fortune telling permits.

Musical instruments cannot be sold on Sunday. You can't work, for that matter, but nobody pays attention to that law.

Getting a tattoo is illegal.

You need a permit to fire a missile.

It's legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.

If you're an adult male, you must bring a rifle to church on Sundays.

If you accidentally kill someone while trying to kill yourself, it's a capital crime.

You must be 18 or older to play pinball.

And oral sex is illegal.

Also, in some state, if you're an atheist, you cannot hold office or testify. I wonder if any murderers got off because the witness was an atheist.

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
A random person said:
Here in South Carolina:

You need a permit to fire a missile.

You must be 18 or older to play pinball.

And oral sex is illegal.
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I like shooting missles, I like pinball, and I like getting blowjobs.
Fuck South Carolina.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
Well how the hell else am I supposed to get really hot Mexican food?
you could eat it in an oven, or next to a volcano.
Too cramped/too exotic.
well then you could light yourself on fire, there's no law against eating a meal while on fire.
.....touche.
I know, they really should fix all these loop holes.

TopHatTim

Nov 8, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Wasn't a law in the USA (don't remenber the state in question) that the penalty of jumping off a building is death?

Makes you wonder really...
what are they gunna make you do if you live?
jump off a building or something?

TopHatTim

Nov 8, 2008
Cuniculus said:
In California it is illegal to drive more then 500 sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at any one time.

Ohhh so thats where i left my 500 sheep, officer i swear they were in my other pants.

Caasi113

Dec 10, 2008
In England, all Males over 12 Have to partaice Longbow for 2 hours each Morning...I wish they inforced this :p

Fulax

Jul 14, 2008
In France it is compulsory for all cars to carry a high visibility jacket and warning triangle, both of which must be used in the event of an accident. The jacket has to be worn by the driver when they exit the car while the triangle has to be placed at least 30 metres from the vehicle.
Failure to do so results in a fine of ?90

Cyclists are required to wear high visibility jackets when outside towns

Both laws were passed in 2008.