Describe your Avatar

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Dr. Orpheus from The Venture Bros. Despite his sinister appearance and overly-dramatic mannerisms ("If I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOULLLLLLLLL!!!!), plus the fact that he is literally a necromancer, he is probably the most moral individual on the entire show. He might look and sound evil, but he is definitely one of the heroes.

I actually kinda wish that Dr. Orpheus had his own show. He's the best thing about the whole series.

ensouls

Feb 1, 2010
SlumlordThanatos said:
I actually kinda wish that Dr. Orpheus had his own show. He's the best thing about the whole series.
Orpheus is the best.

My avatar is something I drew about a skillion years ago. I don't think I have the full drawing anymore..

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Arsene Lupin based off the real life Arsene Lupin which is the main Persona (physical manifestation of a person's psyche that FIRES MAGIC) of the protagonist of Persona 5.

I'm quite excited for Persona 5 you see, so much so that I love the design too much to abandon it as avatar forever.

Cryselle

Soulless Fire-Haired Demon Girl
Nov 20, 2009
Mine is from a comic that I read, and I use it because it is fairly informative about me to those in the know. And to those that aren't, it's just a reasonably nice piece of art.

I don't think I post often enough that there's anything especially 'recognizable' about my posts, I'll leave internet celebrity to those that seek it. I'm content to be a fairly unknown forumite with the random snarky opinion.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
BBC's Life on Mars title screen with various confused looks/poses of John Simm. Because John Simm is cool.

Plus the intro was awesome...

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
My avatar is Spider Jerusalem, the futuristic analogue to the great Hunter S. Thompson from the Transmetropolitan graphic novels.

Thompson's worldview and philosophy closely match mine. And I consider him to be one of the greatest Zen masters of all time.

You see, Thompson once knew a pretentious fake Buddhist who constantly belittled people, incessantly calling everyone dumb and stupid.

"I may be dumb and stupid," Thompson replied. "But I know one thing you don't. For I have the answer to your most unanswerable question. I have solved the Zen koan, 'What is the sound of one hand clapping?'."

"Nonsense," said the fake Buddhist. "How could you know such a thing? I insist you tell me at once!"

So Thompson slapped him in the ear.

The fake Buddhist was enlightened.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Mine is now an image of ultimate despair as an empire goes up in flames. Because I'm a terrible person.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Mine's an image of Olympia (from Pokemon X/Y) drawn by someone on Deviantart, because i wished him a happy birthday and he drew a bunch of pictures for other people's birthdays in thanks. personally asked him to draw her as a magician though, just seemed like something with an empowering presence considering her personality/pokemon's types. Purple's always nice. kind of wish i could draw better though.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
It's part of a drawing I made of Amarant Coral from Final Fantasy IX - as we all know, the best RPG ever made.

Here's the complete drawing:

http://orig04.deviantart.net/45f9/f/2009/348/b/1/amarant_coral___rock_star_by_breq_zerith.jpg

I drew this back in... 2009?!

Christ... I'm old.

Hell, what have I even done with my life these past seven years?

Thanks OP, now I'm all depressed.

Longview

Mar 8, 2009
Its Earthworm Jim...because I love 16 bit games and his were some of my favs...loved the cartoon as well which I have just bought on dvd

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I wanted a bear weilding a guitar, possibly referencing obscure tragedy to start a performance and i got it! Until something better comes along or is produced, it shall have to remain. Downgrading King kerfluffles McCleen-beans is not an option.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Bit of a necro but it didn't seem worth making another thread just to ask about this:

My avatar reset itself to the default picture, by the looks of this thread it seems that happened to several other people too. I tried re-uploading in various sizes and file formats but the best I could get is that little graphic of a landscape that comes up when an image hasn't uploaded properly. Don't suppose anyone can shed any light on what's going on and/ or how to fix it?

Edit: Turns out it's to do with everyone getting (temporarily?) upgraded to PubClub. Just needed to give the site time after re-uploading and it fixed itself.

Gray-Philosophy

Sep 19, 2014
Since my avatar doesn't seem to be working right now, I'll do this just in case.
<- Tada!

It's a cartoony... knight guy. It actually started as a little doodle that I made on the back of a slip of paper, at work no less. It turned out better than expected so I took a picture to save it. That picture turned out well enough that I decided to use it as a template to trace the lines and colour it in photoshop. Now this is the end result.

Normally I have some edgy hoodie picture as my avatar, but for some reason the desired image just wouldn't work when I initially tried uploading an avatar. I tried with this knight image instead and it worked, so it stayed.

I'm not sure if it reflects my personality as such, although I do have an affinity for medieval fantasy stuff :D

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
My last avatar was a ninja bird with a sword. For some reason the Avatars don't seem to be working right... if my Avatar changes a few times, that might be why.

UPDATE: Hokay, the stock images other then Escapist-related content didn't work, so that's something, I guess.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Mine's a British politician called Boris Johnson. I've used him as my avatar pretty much since I joined the site, back when I was young and Boris was still a bumbling figure of fun rather than what he is now. I should probably point out that I've never agreed with his views, he's just got amusing hair and a cheery smile and he's been my avatar since I joined and I've never got round to or really wanted to change it.