Describe your city/town in two words

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
My home town of North Haven, Connecticut: wannabe Italians

I don't know the city of Worcester, MA well despite attending college here the last four years since I don't wander far from campus. It's scary out there :S I can say this much about Worcester though: Not Lowell.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Many hills. I know that could describe just about any city but there aren't too many cities in the US (or at least as far as I know) that are know/nicknamed for their hills.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
stroopwafel said:
Amsterdam/Netherlands - Open minded. Tourists probably know it for the obvious reasons, but other than that it's a really nice town with lots of history and culture. Also if you like tall blond chicks on bicycles, you've come to the right place. :p
And alot more chaotic than London from my experience. To be fair, I haven't seen the whole city.

Belfeld, NL - Hole, boring.

Hole as in: pretty unknown village, population is around 5000. Did I mention that you have to do your best to find even some decent information about this place?

Boring as in: nothing to do, mainly populated by older people or families with young children and no proper events going on. Not even a proper shopping area.

Nemo Atkins

Apr 14, 2014
Baffle said:
Nemo Atkins said:
Alnwick, UK - It Exists

Not even being funny with that. Alnwick's a town with a population of about 8,000 people, has a castle which Harry Potter had some filming done at...and that's really all you need to know about it, as there's nothing else of any real interest there (unless you count the international music festival in the summer, but even that's not a big festival by any measure).

And yet that's not the quietest place I've lived at in my life. That would be the hamlet of Warenford.
I spent a weekend there last year. Did the Alnwick Gardens thing and then was at a bit of a loss for the evening. Is there anything to do there in the evening? Went to the pub in the end, but it felt a little too local.
There's the Playhouse. There's a play (usually some sort of musical) or a live music event (usually folk music or something paying tribute to an artist from the 50's, 60's or early 70's) on most nights and films get shown there as well. There's also some restaurants around Alnwick which can be tough to find, but are worth a look into if you don't feel like cooking, and there's several pubs around the town (most of which have a strong local vibe to them).

That's really about it for regular stuff, though. There's folk music gatherings in several pubs every month or so (and rock and pop-punk gigs by local cover bands sometimes), ceilidhs occasionally happen in the town hall, there's a nightclub (I've not been to it, as I'm not fond of nightclubs at all, so I can't say much about it), there's the music festival I mentioned earlier and there's a few clubs (although most of them are more aimed at local people than visiting people), but that's about the extent of it.

Personally, I tend to stay at home in the evenings, but I'll admit that I'm somewhat reclusive and don't like going out much anyway, so that's not necessarily all down to there being so little to do in town in the evenings!

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Halifax: Slowly Dying.

Sydney: Already Dead.

East Coast, baby. Positively nothing of value in this entire province. To the north, you have an island that's got the looks and nothing else, and to the south you have rednecks ("Your mother chose life.") that can't even speak the French language, despite being quite adamant that they're French Canadian. (I can understand these people. And I admit to not understanding a lick of French!!)

Oh, the middle? Yeah, what little life we have left is getting sucked away and bled dry.

Aerith

Feb 25, 2015
Farm Ville

Like, we might be a large town with modern buildings and new streets and whatnot, but that old, farmer's town feel is still there. And I love it.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Glasgow: Coma Scale.

I just looked it up; seems pretty apt really. Ho you, ya wee fanny!