Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Hits the Tubes

oranger

May 27, 2008
ubisoft's montreal offices put out a few interesting games, I recall. Not that I can recall their names though, lol.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
JayDub147 said:
Lookin' good.

in-game pics here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397260
I'm gonna quote this so people take a look, in game screenshots people.

Undead_David

Nov 27, 2009
TooMiserableToLive said:
ark123 said:
STOP. STOP RIGHT NOW, ALL OF YOU. THIS MEANS NOTHING.
I fucking hate this. Show us gameplay! We want to know if you took a giant shit all over one of the greatest games of all time. I'm getting too old for this shit. Back off, hype. BACK.
THANK YOU!
I almost got all hyped up about it, and then you reminded me of this.
Fuck off hype! I never want you in my head ever again!

bam

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
Undead_David said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
ark123 said:
I fucking hate this. Show us gameplay! We want to know if you took a giant shit all over one of the greatest games of all time. I'm getting too old for this shit. Back off, hype. BACK.
THANK YOU!

bam
[sub]Why did you have to... What did I ever do to you!?[/sub]

*sniff*

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
i think Deus Ex is probably the only franchise i'd Troll for...

also i just hope there will be damaged limbs and such things there were in Deus Ex!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Orcus_35 said:
i think Deus Ex is probably the only franchise i'd Troll for...

also i just hope there will be damaged limbs and such things there were in Deus Ex! and the Comeback of Unatco + rising of the NSF !!!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Good... but I still feel letting Square Enix touch it is a bad move - for example, why did the news reader sound so uninterested in the news she was reporting on. But voice acting aside, I'm somewhat hopeful, but until we see gameplay and/or a demo, I'm not getting my hopes too high yet, especially after the failure of Deus Ex: IW compared to the great Deus Ex 1.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Undead_David said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
ark123 said:
THANK YOU!

bam
Interesting - I didn't know about these. Well, it already seems better than DE:IW in one regard - they have more than 4 bodies and faces! Mildly hopeful, but I just know I'm gonna get my gaming heart broken again.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Well, if the gameplay's anything like the footage shown, consider me happy.

I'm curious, though (and forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere): is the storyline directly related to the first two games? Because, unworthy human that I am, I never played DE 1 and 2. I'm wondering if I could play this one independently without playing through the first two.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Yokai said:

I'm curious, though (and forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere): is the storyline directly related to the first two games? Because, unworthy human that I am, I never played DE 1 and 2. I'm wondering if I could play this one independently without playing through the first two.
It's a prequel to the first game, so the story needs no context. Also you can get the original on Steam real cheap.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Yokai said:

TsunamiWombat said:
It's a prequel to the first game, so the story needs no context. Also you can get the original on Steam real cheap.
Indeedie - or if you're lazy/cheap/don't think the original and the...passable...sequel are your cup of tea, wikipedia does have a plot summary of both in their respective articles.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Doug said:
Yokai said:

TsunamiWombat said:
Indeedie - or if you're lazy/cheap/don't think the original and the...passable...sequel are your cup of tea, wikipedia does have a plot summary of both in their respective articles.
Excellent, thanks guys. I may just pick it up on Steam today.

Undead_David

Nov 27, 2009
TooMiserableToLive said:
Undead_David said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
ark123 said:
THANK YOU!

bam

*sniff*
Hey dont cry to badly, what were probably looking at is the console version so we can safely assume the pc version, as always, will look effing epic on a good rig. Plus it seems like you have the choice between first person and third person so there may be hope, and remember this is the company behind Batman and legacy of Kain series so there its not all hopeless :)

oranger

May 27, 2008
Oh, there was an article a long while ago, that discussed the first/third person thing: it will switch, a little like hellgate london, when you need it to...this way the melee bits aren't just a button mash crossed with a bumper car ride, but you can still aim a gun properly when its time for some shooting.

Undead_David

Nov 27, 2009
Doug said:
Undead_David said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
ark123 said:
THANK YOU!

bam
Interesting - I didn't know about these. Well, it already seems better than DE:IW in one regard - they have more than 4 bodies and faces! Mildly hopeful, but I just know I'm gonna get my gaming heart broken again.
I know how you feel, Im all excited but cautious as well. I am hopeful since this is the same company that made Batman:Arkham Asylum and the Legacy of Kain series which were pretty great

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Undead_David said:
Doug said:
Undead_David said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
ark123 said:
THANK YOU!

bam
I know how you feel, Im all excited but cautious as well. I am hopeful since this is the same company that made Batman:Arkham Asylum and the Legacy of Kain series which were pretty great
Really? Well, thats actually a very good sign - DE:IW wasn't bad, it just didn't live up to its predecessor's legacy.

But Batman: Arkham Asylum was awesome.

JayDub147

Jun 13, 2009
Undead_David said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
Undead_David said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
ark123 said:
THANK YOU!

bam

*sniff*
Hey dont cry to badly, what were probably looking at is the console version so we can safely assume the pc version, as always, will look effing epic on a good rig. Plus it seems like you have the choice between first person and third person so there may be hope, and remember this is the company behind Batman and legacy of Kain series so there its not all hopeless :)
Apparently it's like R6: Vegas where you're in first-person most of the time but you go into 3rd person for cover.