Deus Ex: Human Revolution... Why do we care ?

Bakuryukun

Jul 12, 2010
defiante1 said:
As anyone who doesn't live in a hole should know, the new Deus Ex game is well on its way to coming out and will be with us soon. The marketing power of Square Enix is well at work at creating a buzz for it too but we have to ask ourselves... should we really care at all ?

The first Deus Ex admittedly was a great game but it was made over a full decade ago, not to mention developed by a different company. Ion Storm. Since then we had a sequel that was pretty generic and ruined the unique nature and ground breaking RPG advances of the first.

So why should we be excited for a game, made by different people in a series that stopped being relevant or good ages ago ? There is no reason to belive anything will be done right in this, especially since the dreaded Square Enix is controlling a large portion of it. A company that doesn't need that infamous exploits listed. Although their recent MMO is one example of their bad work.

The game also has a massively overt cliche nature to it, the main protagonist drinks whiskey, smokes and talks with the gravelly voice of Batman. Although it smacks more of Eric Cartman from South Parks "Coon" episodes than Batman. Posing massively with this whole flight of Icarus type metaphor they have going with him, with build in sunglasses to his eyes and so forth. Screams of trying to hard and over compensating.

Squire Enix's influence can also be felt with the huge anime styled nature of the visuals the game has provided so far. Something that the first game never had although the second toyed with and failed miserably. Everything from sexualized females to ridiculous story writing attempts that while may work in Japanese culture, rarely translate into a Western idea of a story. Something that can be seen in most JRPGs. Squire Enix has also announced that it will not be related to the previous Deus Ex games in any way story wise save for basic universe.

So with all these terrible omens to take note off, should we really be anything more than optimistic about it ? A series that stopped being decent 10 years ago and died 7 years ago with its first sequel. Are we really thinking with our brains or just ramped up sentimentalism and "old school" dreams ?

Or are the masses just marching towards the marketings red flag, eating up the goo like Fallout New Vegas. Only to realize that once the shine has worn off they have been duped.
I really don't know where OP is getting the "Anime look" thing from. Have you actually SEEN what anime looks like, because Deus Ex's art style is not it. I think you are overestimating how much S-E is influencing this games development, Eidos is part of S-E now true, but then so is Taito, and they pretty well let them do as they wish with their IP's.

Also you really are being overly critical of japanese story-telling in videogames, let's not pretend that most american developed games have Shakespearean writing or plots, improvement needs to happen in game writing all around, not just in japan.

and I am soooo sure that sexualized imagery of women is a Japanese thing, don't see none of that anywhere else nope.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
defiante1 said:
Firstly, yes the game is very Blade Runner Esq but that's not steampunk, its cyberpunk as quite a few said. Steampunk is low tech which this game clearly isnt, anyone confused on that issue needs to look up the description of art styles.
Deus Ex was Cyber punk too. Anything set after the advent of the internet has to be cyber punk per definition as the internet, personal freedom, corporate greed and black and gray morality are the very stapples of cyber punk. Steam punk is the exact same thing with internet replaced with whatever macguffin is needed to drive an alternate history where steam is still the major source of power (hence the name).

See, what you seem to be missing is that the art direction of the original Deus Ex wasn't all that great. Hong Kong, Paris and New York were pretty similar (all three consisted mainly of concrete gray and black) due to the graphical limitations of that day. The map that takes place in the UC even hints at the fact that we by all means should be seeing an even more futuristic version then we are seeing. Eidos Montreal are using the extra power that a decade of computer advancement has brought them and actually realizing Deus Ex into a word looking much like what most cyber punk worlds do tend to look like. This is a case of "Tropes ain't bad". That you dislike the switch from gray to brown... Well, not much can be done about that.

Electric_Face

May 9, 2010
Personally I don't think HR can match the sheer unbridled shock and awe that the original Deus Ex brought back in 2000, the industry's understandably came on leaps and bounds since then and that level of freedom introduced in Deus Ex redefined the action/shooter RPG (or RPS, whatever). How can you honestly match something that redefined two monstrous genres in the industry?

Well, you don't. You respect what came before and do something else; something new and interesting with the ideas and worlds that have been created. Dragon Age 2 did this really well, despite the shitstorm it received, and even with all of it's streamlining it's still up there for RPG of the year for me.

But that's beside the point, Eidos Montreal are obviously fans of the series, if you look at thier videos and interviews it speaks volumes of their love for the world of Deus Ex, and they've realised that the only way to bring back this world that so many people have fallen for is to take it to a place before the events fo the first game.

The main jarring issue with Deus Ex 2 was that it didn't take into account all of the choices and decisions you went through in the first game, it reduced your efforts into one homogenous blob of events, even if you did one of the more radical endings in the first game it just didn't seem to effect DE2 all that much.

That's why I respect Eidos Montreal for going back into the height of humanity's power, before the Grey Death and the rise and rise of Bob Page and Walton Simons because we get to explore the concepts hinted at in the first game, namely mechanical augmentations.

When I saw the first images of HR I thought, "Holy frig, someone put Ghost In The Shell into Blade Runner!" And that sentiment has kept up with every passing press release and explain why it is that Yelena looks as highly sexualized as she does.

If you've seen Ghost In The Shell, you'll know that Motoko Kusanagi is basically just cybernetics, but at the same time she is still highly sexualized. If you were rebuilt using advanced technology you'd want to improve your current appearance if you could, and that's just what is going on: people are augmented to suit an aesthetic that matches the role they are given. Adam Jensen's augmentations don't go everywhere because he's meant to be a covert agent, Yelena is some crazy assasin lady hellbent on nipping in and out and leaving an impression, whilst Barrett resembles a Handyman from Bioshock Infinite because the man is effectively a tank with a face.

These ideas and concepts are integral to achieving a game that is quintessentially Deus Ex, and when you pair that with branching gameplay that apes the familiar and the new and I think we're onto something. Maybe not GOTY, maybe not comparable to the original, maybe powerfully underwhelming, but something that feels like Deus Ex, and this day and age that's worth a lot.

So yeah, I care.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I never played either of the other games so I really couldn't care less about how great the first was or mediocre the second was. Human Revolution will be my first exposure to Deus Ex and because of that I'm seeing the game as its own thing. To me, game world looks cool, Jensen seems like an interesting character, and it looks fun. The previews, so far, have been excellent. I preordered it a few months ago and I hope to play a kickass game when it comes out.

It sounds like you are just hating on the game and made up your mind to try and spread your negativity around and hope it sticks to someone else.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
defiante1 said:
Is this game worthy to be put in the same league as Deus Ex the first game...

My argument is no, because its made by different people and people who so far have shown they don't want to remake the first. The setting is different, art style is quite different, colour pallet is different, story is heavily SE influenced and even universe is different.
So your problem with Human Revolution is that it's not a remake of Deus Ex? I serously don't get it. If I want to play the first game, I'll play the first game.

defiante1 said:
Deus ex was a western themed RPG, western style story and game play. A classic sure, but Deus Ex human revolution has nothing in common with it so far.
The gameplay, save for adding a few TPP kill animations (that I'm not fond of, I admit), looks pretty much the same. There is a presentation on YouTube and at least a few journalists have already played the first section of the game, so you can see for yourself.

defiante1 said:
the cliche characters and bad writing archetypes (pretentious main character, typical dark broody anti hero with a black trench coat and sunglasses. Comprimised writting, pandering to crowds)
Note that in the beginning of your argument, you complained about how it was not like Deus Ex. Now you're complaining that it is like Deus Ex?

Exhibit A:

Adam Jensen, DE:HR

Exhibit B:

J.C. Denton, DE

And if you claim that Denton is, at least, not pretentious and gravelly-voiced, let me remind you of *SPOILER AHEAD* how he ponders the meaning of his life before deciding to transcend [http://youtu.be/8btuyjPJ9n8].

I'm not saying you should immediately start getting excited about the new game, but some of your arguments don't hold water.

CapnCJ

Mar 4, 2009
You're complaining that the main character drinks whiskey and smokes?

I think he's allowed to be a little self destructive, given that he's lost both his arms.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
So far the gameplay trailers look really good. The only problem that I had with Deus Ex was the god awful AI. I absolutely loved how each level was designed with exactly one more than infinity ways to tackle your objective and the cyberpunk setting/style. From the gameplay trailers, the AI looks fine and they really have gone out of their way to create obscene numbers of alternate paths and ways to avoid rather than fight. Basically, we should care because Human Revolution looks like it is taking the concept of Deus Ex and smoothing the edges of the diamond in the rough.

defiante1

Nov 9, 2010
I'm surprised how so many of you find my ideas and comments outlandish when in fact terrible reboots of a series are common place. Especially people trying to make classic games, I shall list several for you.

First a foremost, the game that holds the most similarity to this subject since it comes from near enough the same time and is pretty much an example of what I fear will happen to Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Thief Deadly Shadows. A modern attempt with modern technology, aimed at rebooting one of the best stealth games of all time. It failed miserable, the game was tolerable enough but it was no thief game and was a pale imitation of its former glory. This game more than anything proves how simply calling your game "Deus Ex" and raving how modern technology will make it awesome... is a fool notion.

Perfect Dark Zero. The Sequel to one of the best shooters of all time, done with modern technology. Perfect Dark the original held the title for best selling FPS before halo and was a triumph in its day. Its sequel was not, in fact it was terrible and it killed the series dead.

Bioshock 2 less relevant but again proof of how recapturing the magic of a great game is never certain and in most games actually fails.

Devil May Cry 2 a game that nearly killed the series stone dead and it if wasn't for the cult like fans would of died completely.

Metal Gear Solid 2... well a game that was considered by fans of the series to be some kind of joke.

So with those examples listed, again I say that the odds of this game being anything remotely close to the classic of the first is highly unlikely. Yes yes its called Deus Ex, but that means nothing. Phantom Menace was called Star Wars but we all know how that turned out.

NOW! Major point and one I hope to put to bed, many of you have argued that this game while being Published by SE isn't being made by them so therefor it wont be marred by their terrible ideas. That would be an interesting point if it wasn't completely false.

Edios was brought out completely by Square Enix two years ago, has been in their pocket ever since. They have direct control of it. Anyone who doubts this I direct you to this.

"Eidos Interactive Ltd. (pronounced /ˈaɪdɒs/ eye-doss) is a label of Square Enix Europe.[1] It was originally a video game publisher before it was acquired by Square Enix."

"Eidos officially became part of Square Enix on 22 April 2009. Following a reorganization of the company, Eidos was merged with Square Enix's European operations into Square Enix Europe."

Taken from their Wiki page which you may find here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidos_Interactive

So please, be quiet about that. This is a Square Enix game, being released in Japan first and with a huge Japanese Influence. Made in the Canadian Office of Edios, they clearly have SE writing all the japanese stuff for them because they are hardly experts in that.

The company is listed as a subsidiary of Square Enix too. So again, this is a Square Enix game, made by them by one of their dummy developers.

The gameplay it has released so far also looks very worrying, in the trailer actually showing some some action and gameplay its very flow breaking. To use every one of his abilities or weapon combinations he has to pause the game, that looks immensely flow breaking. Rather than merely have context sensitive button etc.

Now to a few of your points, ill admit their are some similarities between Denton and Adam clothes wise. But Denton was a very well written character who only really gets pretencious at one point in the game when he is about to merge with a super machine, that's a fairly reasonable time to get philosophical about the nature of life. That's not pretencious, that's logical.

Also people saying that Edios Interactive are huge fans... well of course their going to say that. Their hardly going to go "No no we hate the series we are just being told what to do." Those videos and that are PR meetings in events like PAX, their supposed to be hyping their game.

Although Electric_Face you by far have the best response to my argument, nice to see someone with a rational response and not just raving how "Its DEUS EX" When its not, its more a game trying to be made in the spirit off it. Something they most likely wont succeed in. That being said your reasons for liking it... fair enough, sound good reasons to me.

As for art style again, I know Deus Ex one was Cyber Punk. What it wasn't was anime or Japanese influenced like the first, this one clearly is. If you like that then hurray for you but its hardly in keeping with the first. Again my point, I fail to see why we should be excited by a game that in all likely hood wont be the masterpiece the first was.

To me art style isn't the biggest point, I liked Deus ex the first for its excellent and open RP approach to game play. Letting you take your own path through the game with an excellent difficulty curve. With probably the best hybrid game play we have ever seen in the industry. Its Japanese influences and new take just seem like a terrible distraction from what matter, SE have never done good story, ever. Certainly not in a western RPG style. Gameplay footage too looks too easy, too many options to solve situations and powers that make a mockery of the opponents.

I fail to see how stealth is going to be a viable challenge when your cloak seems to beat every single defense they have. Making you invisible to the human eye is one thing but I don't see how it can run through laser grids and not set them off, since bending the light should and would disrupt the sensors. Again, seems like its going to fail on the biggest hurdle. Hybridized gameplay, something no one has really pulled off that well since Deus Ex.

A sequel was tried once, it bombed. Personally I would be happier if they just said they wanted to remake the spirit of Deus Ex but made it a separate game in its own universe, least that way they wouldn't besmirch a classic. Again. After all Deus Ex Invisible War was made by the same team of the original and even they couldn't do it.

People really seem to be forgetting that Square Enix tried this before with Invisible War, this whole stunt has been tried before. The story was terrible then due to their writting and nothing says its going to improve this time, yes they have gone back to the origional a bit more but that just means they might ruin that too.

Only decent reasons ive heard so far to care about this game is its Japanese Cyber Punk/Anime Art style. Thats all well and good but since when did that trump story and gameplay ?

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Honestly, my biggest problem with this game is that it's being published by goddam Square, and I swore to avoid giving them my money ever again. Luckily, that can be easily fixed by buying it used and avoiding DLC. Other than that, the gameplay looks pretty cool, and it kinda reminds me of Blade Runner, and that's a very good thing.

ShadowFighter15

Jul 11, 2009
defiante1 said:
Only decent reasons ive heard so far to care about this game is its Japanese Cyber Punk/Anime Art style. Thats all well and good but since when did that trump story and gameplay ?
Again, the only remotely asian-looking parts of the game are all bits of gameplay set in Hen Sha, which is an island OFF THE COAST OF SHANGHAI! How could it *not* look asian when the city is in Asia?!

We've shown you shots of Detroit, I linked you to the Deus Ex wiki which had two clear screenshots of the skyline - one from the pre-rendered trailer and another from a gameplay video. You look around on that site more and you'll find a screenshot of Montreal's skyline, which looks like a normal, modern-day city.

Could you perhaps point out the specific elements you think are coming from Japanese influence? Ignoring the scenes set in Hen Sha, which has a perfectly legitimate reason for looking like that (hint; I mentioned it at the start of this post).

EDIT: Also, not all reboots are bad - look at Tomb Raider Legend. Sure, a lot of people had problems with it - but it was a hell of a lot better than the last few games in the series Core Design pumped out. And would you look at who's been publishing the Tomb Raider games: Eidos.

And I don't think we've seen enough of the writing to think that Square are going to screw it up. Nothing in the pre-rendered trailer gave any impression of the sort of writing you're talking about and I haven't seen any trailers that show it either. Perhaps you could go into specifics here, rather than blind speculation?

As for the gameplay, it looks pretty Deus Ex to me in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5JF59NHzMI

They've just replaced pressing a button to pull out a melee weapon and then clicking to knock someone out with a button press and an animation. And while that video was recorded with the PS3 version, there's a video on Eidos Montreal's YouTube channel where they talk about the PC interface. The toolbelt system from the first game's back (dragging and dropping items into a row at the bottom of the screen you access with the number keys) and the augmentations are all on the function keys, like in the first game, so they're not dumbing down the gameplay or interface. And that cover system's been done by more than a few games on PC that have done well - GTA 4 for one.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
defiante1 said:
Edios was brought out completely by Square Enix two years ago, has been in their pocket ever since. They have direct control of it. Anyone who doubts this I direct you to this.

"Eidos Interactive Ltd. (pronounced /ˈaɪdɒs/ eye-doss) is a label of Square Enix Europe.[1] It was originally a video game publisher before it was acquired by Square Enix."

"Eidos officially became part of Square Enix on 22 April 2009. Following a reorganization of the company, Eidos was merged with Square Enix's European operations into Square Enix Europe."

Taken from their Wiki page which you may find here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidos_Interactive

So please, be quiet about that. This is a Square Enix game, being released in Japan first and with a huge Japanese Influence. Made in the Canadian Office of Edios, they clearly have SE writing all the japanese stuff for them because they are hardly experts in that.
You do realize that Square Enix didn't replace Eidos Montreal when the acquired Eidos, right? It's the same people working on the project regardless of who owns the company. And it is pretty unclear what you mean by "writing all the japanese stuff" - do you mean handling the Japanese localization? Unless you plan to play the game in Japanese, I can't imagine why you'd care about the localization.

defiante1 said:
Now to a few of your points, ill admit their are some similarities between Denton and Adam clothes wise. But Denton was a very well written character who only really gets pretencious at one point in the game when he is about to merge with a super machine, that's a fairly reasonable time to get philosophical about the nature of life. That's not pretencious, that's logical.
And how is Adam Jensen written? (Hint: you don't know, because we haven't seen him talk in-game yet.) You're basing your judgment of the character literally of his clothing, which he shares with J.C. Denton and many other Western cyberpunk protagonists.

defiante1 said:
As for art style again, I know Deus Ex one was Cyber Punk. What it wasn't was anime or Japanese influenced like the first, this one clearly is. If you like that then hurray for you but its hardly in keeping with the first. Again my point, I fail to see why we should be excited by a game that in all likely hood wont be the masterpiece the first was.
Well, a cyborg merging with a godlike machine intelligence is basically straight out of Ghost in the Shell, as is the physical and social structure of the cities you visit in the first game. You are, by the way, going to have to look very hard to find a cyberpunk work that is reflective of only a single culture. A major theme of much of cyberpunk is the replacement of nationality and regionalism with capitalism and information networks. Cyberpunk characters tend to be cosmopolitan, because they live in a world where information and corporate power knows no national boundaries.

defiante1 said:
Its Japanese influences and new take just seem like a terrible distraction from what matter, SE have never done good story, ever.
The World Ends With You.
(And, since you seem to be counting Eidos storytelling as Square Enix storytelling for some unfathomable reason, Assassin's Creed series and the Thief series.)

defiante1 said:
Gameplay footage too looks too easy, too many options to solve situations and powers that make a mockery of the opponents.
So wait - you go from complaining about inflexible gameplay to complaining that the gameplay is too flexible? I don't know how you played Deus Ex, but my experience of the first game was that:
A. There was insane levels of flexibility with how you could solve problems.
B. If you were a little creative, you could render basically any enemy trivial. For instance, I still remember instantly killing Gunter Hermann by luring him into a grenade trap I had set earlier.
C. Much of the difficulty was non-combat - it was more about exploring and moving around unobtrusively than killing people.
So, if there's room for creative problem solving and creativity gives you a huge advantage in combat, that sounds like Deus Ex to me. Besides, based on early reviews, the emphasis is often on non-combat solutions - social interaction, hacking, stealth, etc.

defiante1 said:
I fail to see how stealth is going to be a viable challenge when your cloak seems to beat every single defense they have. Making you invisible to the human eye is one thing but I don't see how it can run through laser grids and not set them off, since bending the light should and would disrupt the sensors.
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Cloak
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Radar_Transparency
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Thermoptic_camo
The last one, btw, is again directly lifted from Ghost in the Shell. Yep, no anime or Japanese influences in the original Deus Ex.

I honestly cannot figure out where you are coming from on this - do you just feel like you have to hate everything Square Enix touches or something? Shit, man, I think "Square Enix" might as well be synonymous with "terrible storytelling" and even I don't feel that way.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Kahunaburger said:
defiante1 said:

You do realize that Square Enix didn't replace Eidos Montreal when the acquired Eidos, right? It's the same people working on the project regardless of who owns the company. And it is pretty unclear what you mean by "writing all the japanese stuff" - do you mean handling the Japanese localization? Unless you plan to play the game in Japanese, I can't imagine why you'd care about the localization.

defiante1 said:
And how is Adam Jensen written? (Hint: you don't know, because we haven't seen him talk in-game yet.) You're basing your judgment of the character literally of his clothing, which he shares with J.C. Denton and many other Western cyberpunk protagonists.

defiante1 said:
Well, a cyborg merging with a godlike machine intelligence is basically straight out of Ghost in the Shell, as is the physical and social structure of the cities you visit in the first game. You are, by the way, going to have to look very hard to find a cyberpunk work that is reflective of only a single culture. A major theme of much of cyberpunk is the replacement of nationality and regionalism with capitalism and information networks. Cyberpunk characters tend to be cosmopolitan, because they live in a world where information and corporate power knows no national boundaries.

defiante1 said:
Its Japanese influences and new take just seem like a terrible distraction from what matter, SE have never done good story, ever.
The World Ends With You.
(And, since you seem to be counting Eidos storytelling as Square Enix storytelling for some unfathomable reason, Assassin's Creed series and the Thief series.)

defiante1 said:
Gameplay footage too looks too easy, too many options to solve situations and powers that make a mockery of the opponents.
So wait - you go from complaining about inflexible gameplay to complaining that the gameplay is too flexible? I don't know how you played Deus Ex, but my experience of the first game was that:
B. If you were a little creative, you could render basically any enemy trivial. For instance, I still remember instantly killing Gunter Hermann by luring him into a grenade trap I had set earlier.
C. Much of the difficulty was non-combat - it was more about exploring and moving around unobtrusively than killing people.
So, if there's room for creative problem solving and creativity gives you a huge advantage in combat, that sounds like Deus Ex to me. Besides, based on early reviews, the emphasis is often on non-combat solutions - social interaction, hacking, stealth, etc.

defiante1 said:
I fail to see how stealth is going to be a viable challenge when your cloak seems to beat every single defense they have. Making you invisible to the human eye is one thing but I don't see how it can run through laser grids and not set them off, since bending the light should and would disrupt the sensors.
The last one, btw, is again directly lifted from Ghost in the Shell. Yep, no anime or Japanese influences in the original Deus Ex.

I honestly cannot figure out where you are coming from on this - do you just feel like you have to hate everything Square Enix touches or something? Shit, man, I think "Square Enix" might as well be synonymous with "terrible storytelling" and even I don't feel that way.
You pretty much stated just about everything I was wanting to say to defiante1. It's ridiculously obvious that he already made his decision on HR and is just trying to justify it without anything to actually justify it with, and get everybody else to hate it just because he does. defiantel is just like everybody else that hating HR based on the fact that it's being published, NOT developed by Square Enix, they just say the game is going to be awful even though they know next to nothing about it.

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
defiante1 said:
As anyone who doesn't live in a hole should know, the new Deus Ex game is well on its way to coming out and will be with us soon. The marketing power of Square Enix is well at work at creating a buzz for it too but we have to ask ourselves... should we really care at all ?

The first Deus Ex admittedly was a great game but it was made over a full decade ago, not to mention developed by a different company. Ion Storm. Since then we had a sequel that was pretty generic and ruined the unique nature and ground breaking RPG advances of the first.

So why should we be excited for a game, made by different people in a series that stopped being relevant or good ages ago ? There is no reason to belive anything will be done right in this, especially since the dreaded Square Enix is controlling a large portion of it. A company that doesn't need that infamous exploits listed. Although their recent MMO is one example of their bad work.

The game also has a massively overt cliche nature to it, the main protagonist drinks whiskey, smokes and talks with the gravelly voice of Batman. Although it smacks more of Eric Cartman from South Parks "Coon" episodes than Batman. Posing massively with this whole flight of Icarus type metaphor they have going with him, with build in sunglasses to his eyes and so forth. Screams of trying to hard and over compensating.

Squire Enix's influence can also be felt with the huge anime styled nature of the visuals the game has provided so far. Something that the first game never had although the second toyed with and failed miserably. Everything from sexualized females to ridiculous story writing attempts that while may work in Japanese culture, rarely translate into a Western idea of a story. Something that can be seen in most JRPGs. Squire Enix has also announced that it will not be related to the previous Deus Ex games in any way story wise save for basic universe.

So with all these terrible omens to take note off, should we really be anything more than optimistic about it ? A series that stopped being decent 10 years ago and died 7 years ago with its first sequel. Are we really thinking with our brains or just ramped up sentimentalism and "old school" dreams ?

Or are the masses just marching towards the marketings red flag, eating up the goo like Fallout New Vegas. Only to realize that once the shine has worn off they have been duped.
I just finished it and it was amazing, you're so full of crap and half of the stuff in your post in completely out of left field with no evidence backing it up whatsoever.

The reason its use of the Deus Ex name is important is because it means that is the style it will be going for, it's not arbitrary, they tried to make something akin to that first game.

Also, oversexualized females? What game were you looking at!? Even the Chinese prostitutes had less provocative outfits than half the females in most modern RPGs

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
defiante1 said:

defiante1 said:

defiante1 said:

defiante1 said:
The World Ends With You.

defiante1 said:

defiante1 said:

This. This post is a work of perfection.

I hate Square Enix with a passion, but I just finished this game and fuck if it wasn't amazing, it exceeded all of my expectations to a level that just left me dumbfounded.