Diablo Gets Demolished, Hardcore Style

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Good on this guy. I'd have to question his sanity considering the number of close calls he has dealt with. I'm hoping he is taking a break from the game.
Also, kinda surprised a Korean didn't already grab this. Guess their government's efforts to get them away from computers for a while is actually paying off.
Suave Charlie said:
fix-the-spade said:
I find it very sad that not only does the Blizzard rep not believe it to begin with, his company is monitoring every player so closely he can just call up a window and look at exactly what the guy's been doing.

That's full on Oceana territory there, what's next, re-writing play logs so only people they (or Activision) like can get major achievements?
I'm sorry it seems like you've dropped your tinfoil hat.

That's pretty standard stat gathering. They'll be able to get the data from every weapon to every enemy, anything you do is recorded. Stuff can be used amongst other things to be able to properly balance things going off hard numbers rather than anecdotal accounts from players shouting about certain things. Really not out of the ordinary or clandestine at all.
Steam's been doing the same thing from day one. They don't advertise it, because for one it is done anonymously except for achievements, and another it would be unprofessional. This wag who pretended to act like he didn't believe the hardest mode was beat was a complete wanker. I'd have to question how he got to his position other than being daddy's favorite.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
SomeLameStuff said:
BoogieManFL said:
The first ever Hardcore Inferno Diablo kill, and he drops FUCKING BLUES?!

What? Can you only get gear from the Auction House or blind luck?
Blizzard nerfed the boss drop rates so you can't just hop into the final act and farm Diablo for epic loot drops like in D2. Instead, they made it so that your loot drop rates increase after killing the elite mobs, so you have to play through the sections before the boss battle to get decent loot.

Granted I'm only on Nightmare but I've never seen a yellow drop or greater outside of normal difficulty, off anything, and I map and clear EVERYTHING. I have a buddy who was on Hell and does the same thing and says he virtually never sees anything above blue.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Mumorpuger said:
These further our goal of having gaming be more legitimized, and what I consider accomplishments. Not being "ZOMG FIRST!" at killing Diablo 3's final boss. We should be cheering the former on, and greeting the latter with a resounding "Meh."
And yet all of those are a complete waste of time when people look at our community and see that kind of attitude towards our fellow gamers achieving something that few in our community can do. Why bother getting into something if you know that everyone you'll be interacting with doesn't give a shit about what you did? Nah, screw that, might as well just go down to the bar and watch the game with the guys, at least there's some camaraderie there.

To paraphrase a comedian:
And we're done here. Heck, at this point, you might as well cite South Park as a source to support your claim.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
BoogieManFL said:
Granted I'm only on Nightmare but I've never seen a yellow drop or greater outside of normal difficulty, off anything, and I map and clear EVERYTHING. I have a buddy who was on Hell and does the same thing and says he virtually never sees anything above blue.
That's due to the Magic Find check the game now runs when it generates loot. If your Magic Find is low, blues is all you get. Mine is at 126%, so I pick up yellows pretty regularly, and I found a couple of legendaries already.

And of course, it also comes down to the RNG. Tough luck if it doesn't like you.

Shane McCay

Oct 18, 2011
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm sort of glad that I never got into the Diablo series. If I did, I would have put down 60$ for a game that apparently still isn't finished.
Honestly, it's like that one parent who runs after the school bus screaming about how her kid forgot some insignificant thing at home. Why can't Blizzard leave D3 where it is?

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Mumorpuger said:
These further our goal of having gaming be more legitimized, and what I consider accomplishments. Not being "ZOMG FIRST!" at killing Diablo 3's final boss. We should be cheering the former on, and greeting the latter with a resounding "Meh."
And yet all of those are a complete waste of time when people look at our community and see that kind of attitude towards our fellow gamers achieving something that few in our community can do. Why bother getting into something if you know that everyone you'll be interacting with doesn't give a shit about what you did? Nah, screw that, might as well just go down to the bar and watch the game with the guys, at least there's some camaraderie there.

And we're done here. Heck, at this point, you might as well cite South Park as a source to support your claim.
Very graceful bow-out. Thank you for conceding.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Mumorpuger said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Mumorpuger said:

Very graceful bow-out. Thank you for conceding.
Feel free to point out the part where I said you're right. Note that the "We're done here" is in response to you quoting someone who's entire career is to tell jokes and make exaggerated points for comedic effect. His opinion on anything doesn't mean squat.

Ashannon Blackthorn

Sep 5, 2011
Ok... so my question is this. Did he cheat and exploit? if yes then why give him any credit? just proves he was incapable of truely beating tyhe game and doesn'tr deserve any respect whatsoever.

Sorry, but using exploits and cheap tricks does not impress me. Having people aid you doeds not make a solo kill...

So no, no congratz to the guy. However I will give you a digusted shake of the head.

**disgusted shake of the head**

Enjoy

Ympulse

Feb 15, 2011
Jove said:
Jeez a lot of jealously and trolls here. Very disspointing.

Anyway, congratz to the gentleman!
Jealous of the Diablo equivalent of an aimbotter?

No, not really.

Not at all.