Diablo III Character classes: What do you think?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Funny thing about mainstream titles they can make it with classic solid non watered down for the casual masses and still make great profit the instance they fck it over is another reason for older gamers to walk away from gaming because the shallowness is getting stupid.

*prepares to diss WC3*
I was not impressed with WC3 WC2 and SC superior games WC3 pretty simi casual fodder, SC2 looks better but it depends on if they fix the AI issues that made WC3 easy and boring.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Pyronox post=9.72912.781068 said:
Believe what you want guys.

Thing is, Blizzard wants money now. Think about it.

My opinion: Epic fail.
Name me one gaming company that doesn't want money. They wanted money when they made Starcraft, they wanted money when they made Diablo, they wanted money when they made WoW.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Yes, it was fun at first. I just hope this finds a little more complication to make it more than a right click masher. Because let's face it, specced with the right synergies, that's what 95% of the game becomes, with only the insanely difficult chaos stuff breaking it up.

Georgie2x4

Oct 1, 2008
I personally don't mind paying to play as long as they listen to the customers (to an extent) and keep the game patched and up to date.

I think its going to be a good game regardless. The story line is all I'm after, especially the awesome cinematics which, lets be honest, blizzard are renound for

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
I tell you one thing, I agree with snowplow. If the fee would keep it running smooth, I would pay double. One reason I quit playing D2 online is the ungodly lag. That alone was enough to not only kill, but slaughter an otherwise enormously fun game. And of course, when I went back to playing by myself, it sucked in the shadow of playing with other people.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
snowplow post=9.72912.784003 said:
With the horrible state D2 is in, if it would take a monthly fee to keep D3 hack/exploit/bot free, then I would pay.

Blizzard has stated the upgraded bnet 2.0 or whatever should be hack free, so we'll see. They said the same about d2 and look how hilariously that turned out.

Still, they HAVE seen the abuse war3/d2 went through and WoW seems for the most part free from hacks from what I hear, so it is possible they came up with a clever method of hack prevention without needing a monthly fee.
I agree. D2 was riddled with hacks and the like. This is why I could see them having two online options: A premium service with offers less lag and is hack free (But costs money), and then a free service that they wouldn't be so 'diligent' with in terms of stopping hacks or lag problems.

I could see it happening, though I don't think it's a good idea.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Baby Tea post=9.72912.784216 said:
snowplow post=9.72912.784003 said:
With the horrible state D2 is in, if it would take a monthly fee to keep D3 hack/exploit/bot free, then I would pay.

Blizzard has stated the upgraded bnet 2.0 or whatever should be hack free, so we'll see. They said the same about d2 and look how hilariously that turned out.

Still, they HAVE seen the abuse war3/d2 went through and WoW seems for the most part free from hacks from what I hear, so it is possible they came up with a clever method of hack prevention without needing a monthly fee.
I agree. D2 was riddled with hacks and the like. This is why I could see them having two online options: A premium service with offers less lag and is hack free (But costs money), and then a free service that they wouldn't be so 'diligent' with in terms of stopping hacks or lag problems.

I could see it happening, though I don't think it's a good idea.
Thats a scary, scary bad idea and I hope to god it doesn't happen.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
There's no way they'd split the service like that. Everyone would go the free option, because you're basically paying extra to lose the ability to cheat, and the lowered lag is sort of a poor adjustment for that. Also, free is free is free.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Log Dropper M.D. post=9.72912.781351 said:
In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, the guy with the HOUSE M.D. avatar wants you to know Diablo games are boring. Maybe he'll post it again, if you didn't catch it the first 5 times.

EDIT: I didn't mind the look of the game that much. More cartoony than the old ones, but I was kind of expecting that I guess. The one thing I didn't like is the Witch Doctor, seems like some goofy palette swap on the Necromancer.

I don't think Blizzard will go for a pay-per-month method on this game. I do think there is a good chance that they will go with a pay-for-items system like the Korean games. If so, I'll be severly dissapointed.
They already do pay for items on D2 online. A lot of times when I was playing, an ad would come up in my message thing about buy this item or that item. Normal items and set items and that kind of thing were gotten normally, you just find them at random, but there are really special items in D2 online that you have to pay real money to get. And I dont't blame Blizzard for wanting money. They do all they can to get it, but that's ok. I want money. I do everything I can to get it. It's all about the mon-ayy (quote Mr. McMahon)

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.62763#531800

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

My thread provided lots of videos and useful stuff.
l2search plz

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Uszi post=9.72912.793853 said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.62763#531800

My thread provided lots of videos and useful stuff.
l2search plz
Actually, not fail. Yours is the fail. Mine has more comments. Jerk. BTW, I called you that because of all the FAILs you put. You don't have to be nasty about it. Also, I found out about using the thread search thing just a little while ago, long after I started this thread. So, sorry, I didn't know. One more thing. Your thread died. The mods are letting this one continue, and I think the reason is that it's the only one at the momnet. Regardless of the reason, if it's ok by the mods, then it should be ok by you. Stop picking on people for making a mistake. If you have a comment on the subject, post it. If not, stay out.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
It's hard to say, but I suspect some sort of ranged dps/rogueish class will be included- perhaps a 'Ranger' this time. Blizzard is set on making all new classes, and we have no idea how many (I think I heard 6 somewhere but I have no idea if that's true or just my mind spamming random numbers on me). Obviously they'll bear a resemblance to previous classes, but will be different enough to have their own mechanics. They already have the melee machine, the debuffer/summoner, and the Mage- so all that remains from Diablo 2's original setup is the Aura/Melee and the Ranged DPS.