Diablo Immortal is Finally out....it's trash.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And I got shit for saying gamers should be responsible with their wallets when it comes to all this microtransactions and loot boxes, but then I get told "but its the Devs fault for making a game that encourages gambling, your victim blaming"
While I agree to an extent, there is plenty of gray area with shit like this. Quinn69 is a dumb mfer, but that's the problem with these type of games. They prey after idiots, the naïve, kids/teens, and mainly those with addictive and gambling tendencies. Or those with addictive spending habits. While self responsibility is true, these companies definitely don't help with skinner box manipulation and gambling. Hence why things like this should be banned across the fucking world!

I've only spent 1 IRL dollar for 2 loot boxes in Overwatch all my life and I've never spent anymore then that
You and I are not the target audience. Those with addictions are the true targets. They need honest-to-God help. They need therapy and seek the addiction hotlines. Of course, they have to make that choice and want it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:
Reactions: CriticalGaming

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Now I get why it's called Immortal; because all these controversies are immortal and will never die

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Now I get why it's called Immortal; because all these controversies are immortal and will never die
A bunch of hackers can skip the grind and make it available to everyone, and I wouldn't blame them.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Designed from the ground up to frustrate and annoy players into paying ever-increasing amounts of money just so they can enjoy the game.

"But why's everyone so mad?" some people ask.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I SERIOUSLY, TRULY, FROM BOTTOM OF MY HEART, hope this is a troll post. Or someone got real lucky and didn't have to spend much.

Or it could be that they are the assholes that's throwing money in Blizz's face

Last edited:

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I tried DI and it was just overwhelmingly mediocre. In a crowded PC arpg market, it's only merit is brand recognition, and that didn't even carry me far enough to meet Cain.

The monetization stuff I roll my eyes at. I'm sure it's predatory and gross, they usually are. I'm also sure basically every piece of information in the spotlight right now is inflated hyperbole. For instance the 110k to max gear a character is no doubt the cost to gear exclusively with loot boxes.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Asmongold finds out DI PVP is only open for two hours per day.

This is gonna go exactly the way we're all thinking, isn't it?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Asmongold finds out DI PVP is only open for two hours per day.

This is gonna go exactly the way we're all thinking, isn't it?
Possibly a hold over from its Chinese release. Online multiplayer is restricted to something like two hours daily there. Massive ass blind spot to not remove that for the general release but the game is shit on mouldy toast we’re reliably told so I don’t think we should be totally shocked.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Lets just hope they remain just cosmetics.

And they did mention full expansion dlcs like Lord of Destruction and Reaper of Souls
They wont, they never remain cosmetic. Diablo 4 is gonna be a problem.....damn. They are fully Sith at this point.