Did anyone love ME3?

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm of the same mind that Jerry and Mike of Penny Arcade are about the game concerning it's "ending".

The game itself IS the ending. From the moment you play to moment you stop it's a struggle against the reapers, the endings you see at the end of the story is just the conclusion of a masterfully handled ending.

My only quarrel with the story is what happened to my team? Because besides Joker, EDI and Traynor I have no idea what happened to them.
Don't get me wrong, I was so fucking happy when I saw Joker and EDI walk out of the ship completely fine, I based my whole ending choice one their relationship.

But in terms of my Shepard's story I was more than satisfied.

Oh and this:
Metalix Knightmare said:
I do. Heck, I can honestly say it's the first console game with an online multilayer I genuinely LIKE! That ALONE earns mad props from me.
Just going to throw this out there too:

'I loved it all save for the ending'. is not a clever thing to say, judging by how often I'm hearing it. If the good drastically outweighs the bad in your mind, then stop bitching.

Some games don't even get that much right.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
The game is the closest thing to perfect I've ever played once you discount the last five minutes (in my opinion). Yes, the endings all blew chunks, but when that is literally the only halfway major critisism I can throw at it then it's done a lot of things right. TBH I kind of think that's half the reason people are so mad about the endings. If the game had already disappointed before then then the sucky ending would have been expected/consistent. It's the fact that the game does such a good job of getting you so invested in what's happening that makes the disappointment at the end such a kick in the teeth.

Not that I wish to speak for other people of course, that's just how I see it.

Edit: Also
"That was for Thane you son of a *****!" alone made the game worth it for me.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Catfood220 said:
I wouldn't as far as "love", I would go with "Its alright, maybe even good" but then I'm not that far into it judging by the trophies I haven't got.

Something that has bugged me is the way that they keep "killing" characters, only for them to be ok.

For example, "oh no, they've killed Kaiden...no, no he's going to be ok. Oh no, Kasume's been blown up...no, no she was just faking it. Oh no, Grunt has just sacraficed himself...oh for fuck sake."
Oh no they just killed Mordin...oh wait, no they really did. What now it's Thane, oh wait the medical team...what he's dead? Woah they killed legion? Oh no this must be him right here.....oh he's really dead.
Youma said:
"Even the more adamant haters will admit that 95% of the game is straight gold."
Lol, no..

If ppl like it the resell value will be good atleast, thanks.
Um...no, there is absolutely nothing in your statement that is even the slightest bit true. Resale value has noting to do with how good the game is, it has everything to do with how many copies were sold, and how many they expect people to try and sell back. People sell back games for many reasons, and while these reasons do include a bad game, when every bit of feed back is along the lines of "the ending ruined an amazing game" it is safe to bet that the majpority of the people loved this game.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
I will add in: game is awesome. Love it.

The ending makes me cry - emotionally moved tears, not upset tears. Well, upset because I'm sad - not because I don't like it.

The ending wasn't perfect by any means (too short for one thing) but I don't generally agree with the rage-inducing insanity that has swept so many fans.

So yeah, loved the game. It had flaws, but what doesn't?

Also, I don't get the thing where people don't want to replay with their other prepared saves. Why not? If you don't want to see the ending again... well, it's not like there's a shortage of side missions. Or multiplayer.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
I'm gonna have to see this ending thing for myself on youtube and see what all the fuss was about.
Catfood220 said:
I wouldn't as far as "love", I would go with "Its alright, maybe even good" but then I'm not that far into it judging by the trophies I haven't got.

Something that has bugged me is the way that they keep "killing" characters, only for them to be ok.

*SPOILERS* (beause I don't know how to do spoiler tags)

For example, "oh no, they've killed Kaiden...no, no he's going to be ok. Oh no, Kasume's been blown up...no, no she was just faking it. Oh no, Grunt has just sacraficed himself...oh for fuck sake."

*END OF SPOILERS*
Just put in then make your message and put at the end.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Easily the best gaming experience of my life. The ending was, well, I firmly believe in the indoctrination theory, but that still means there are a good 5-10 minutes missing from the end. Other than that debatable part, astounding. Especially the voice acting of Jennifer Hale. She got me every time she put utter despair in her voice.

artanis_neravar said:
Catfood220 said:

Oh no they just killed Mordin...oh wait, no they really did. What now it's Thane, oh wait the medical team...what he's dead? Woah they killed legion? Oh no this must be him right here.....oh he's really dead.
Yeah, but the bit with grunt was exploitive, lets be honest here. The real deaths genuinely distressed me, but I felt cheated when he survived.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I frikkin loved it.
The ending wasn't good but i enjoyed every minute before that. Even the multiplayer is quite fun which i was worried about before release.
Im not sure if anything can be done about the ending, if something can be done to improve it then great but as it stands now im still happy with the purchase and the ME franchise will still be my all time favourite.

Ifrit7th

Apr 14, 2009
It's a fantastic game, and a great experience right up until the ending. Ultimately though, I think that's why it's caused as much anger as it has; everyone was thoroughly invested in the experience, waiting for a great climax only to get krogan-blue balls (Which, as most fans know, is twice as bad as normal).

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I adored the game. Not as good as Mass Effect 2, but absolutely remarkable in many ways... Up until you return to earth. I expected it to be a grand epic finale to the finale, but it was all so... anti-climactic.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I did
boy was it an awesome ride
and the ending I picked really satisfied me, as it fit with the way I was playing shepard

hell, it even made me wanna play the first one again

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Yeah, the first 35 hours and 50 minutes of it.

It's those last 10 minutes that basically killed any love I had for it. (Well, that and how the space ninja boss fight was ridiculous and cheap)

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
SecretNegative said:
The game is absolutely amazing, pure gold. The only real bigger (not that big a flaw really, but still) beside the edning (which is kinda bad, really. If it had ended a little sooner, it would've been a great ending) is the dialogue Shepard has between those s/he romanced. I mean, I get it, you liked eachother, you screwed, but for fucks sake drop the shitty "true and eternal love" bullshit we'd have to suffer through. Why can't they just fuck, and then going "Hey, that was kinda nice. Got your back Shepard." People screw eachother all the time, they don't fucking act like those romanced people.

Another thing, I didn't feel the squad was as good as in ME2, actually. It's far beyond ME1 of course, but still. Vega was kinda funny sometimes, being the stupid but friendly marine, (better than Kaidan and Jacob, I might add) but I don't know, I really didn't rush down the elevator to talk to him. Liara is going on my fucking nerves, she's not bad, but I just feel that there isn't a tight grip on her character made from Bioware. Take when you're hanging out with Garrus (think shooting bottles) if you don't understand who he is from that, then, I'm sorry, you're dumb. That was also a really fun scene to watch. Liara doesn't really have the same, I dont know. I also had Ashley with me, and while she did have some intresting growth in the start, she became non-existant the moment she joined me. I don't know, not that fun. Tali and Garrus however, are at their best, and they were the ones I almost always brought with me, just to hear them talk.

Whatever my complaints are, get the fucking game. Seriously, do it. The combat is best, the story is best, the dialogue is the best (this is all counting from the three Mass Effect games, of course). If someone say you shouldn't get it because of the last ten minutes of a 25+ hour game, then don't listen to them.
I personally thought that Liara's experience with Thessia and it's aftermath was one of the best examples of character development in the entire series, almost as good as, well, Lair of the Shadow Broker. Mind you, I've always liked Liara and I was romancing her at the time so maybe I'm just biased. Garrus is definitely my second favorite after her though.

Did you have Javik in your game, because I imagine without him Liara's arc probably has less impact?

fatmrbunko

Jan 24, 2011
i loved almost every second until the last 2 minutes...which is the most important
after 3 games and at least 90 hours this story, this experience deserved to end soooo much better, it wasnt even a bad ending but for mass effect it was no where near good enough, knda seems like Bioware has become the biggest troll in existance... especially with that whole 'it was intended to polarise' bs

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
The game itself is nothing short of fantastic. Even if the soundtrack was a bit better in ME2.

The only problem is the ending. Other than that its 20+ hours of juicy fantastic awesomeness.

The scene with Garrus on the citadel made me laugh/cry at the same time. Amazing game.

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
The game is by far one of the best things I've played in a while.... Until the ending, now I knew it was coming and was determined to go in with an open mind but it just felt so wrong. I finished my first play-through an hour ago and.... I'm just still not grasping it.... Wow that makes me sound so sad.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
SurfinTaxt said:
Allevil said:
Until the last 5 minutes, it was the single greatest gaming experience of my life.
great, what will be the second game youve played in your life?
Why the need for a mean comment like this? It's basically like saying "You are ridiculous for liking this game and your preferences, opinions and interests are shit". I completely agree with Allevil and I felt the same way, throughout the game, even in the end. Granted, I have my qualms with the ending, but while I was there, in the game, I liked every single little piece of that game. And even if I play a thousand more games, thousand better games, I will still forever love Mass Effect series and Mass Effect 3. It's just my opinion and my preference. Just as your might be not to like it. I will not judge you or spew spiteful comments about your taste. It's simply your taste and you have a right for it, just as I have a right for mine. And mine is that this was the single greatest gaming experience of my life. I see no need to ridicule that.

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
The game deserves a 9.99 out of ten.

The 0.01 is the last twenty minutes before the credits roll.

It's a fantastic tour de force beyond compare with triple digested hog feces smeared across the finish line.