Did anyone love ME3?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Yeah, on my second run now, Insanity.

I hate however, the size of the available squadmates, and the ending..

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
it is brilliant, and the MP is actually pretty awesome too. a shining example of a game, and one of the best purchases i have made in a while

Mercsenary

Oct 19, 2008
Youma said:
I bought ME3 based on the escapist's recommendation, and I'm disapointed to say the least. I used to rely on the escapist not to tell me a game is great when it isn't. But maybe it's just my opinion, and they haven't started whoring themselves after all, so if you agree with the reviewer that "holy crap, this game is outstanding", please let me know.
I loved ME3.

Hated the ending.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Everyone else has had the same opinion as me thus far, so i'll restate it differently.

The journey was magnificent, but the final destination left much to be desired....

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
99% is brilliant, game of the year,
I love:
The Story
Garrus
The Game play
Garrus
The Multi player
Garrus

and on my next playthrough, I will love it all again, I'll just quit before the end.

goose4291

Mar 12, 2012
Absolutely amazing game and (mostly) everything I was hoping for until the last ten to twenty minutes, which negated almost every promise bioware had made about the game during development.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I love it, I haven't seen the endings yet myself, but I have watched them on Youtube to see why people were losing their minds over it. The endings don't bug me, especially because my Galactic Strength is over 5000, and the game caps out at 5000.

Loreley

Sep 1, 2011
It is certainly a great game, but I personally couldn't imagine jumping into the series at ME3. I think pulling a Shepard through all three games is part of the experience. And it's also why the last 10 minutes are such a tremendous disappointment.

(And no, it's not because I want a ~perfect happy ending with space ponies and rainbows~, I want an ending that doesn't feel like it was written for a completely different story. Oh, and maybe more than essentially one ending colorswapped, since the core Mass Effect marketing strategy is basically a repetition of the words 'your choices matter' in three thousand variants.)

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
Until the last five to ten minutes [http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/], I'd call ME3 not just one of the best games I've ever played, but one of the best experiences I've ever had, in any medium. That's why the ending made me so upset--to think that they could do this well, for this long, and then totally blow it...

Yarpie

Jun 24, 2010
I love the game to bits and it's probaby the best damn thing I have ever played. One of the most important parts of a gaming experience for me is emotional investment, and ME3 made me laugh, cry, almost scream in pure and so on. With all of that in mind, I can't do anything but love it.

I loath the ending, sure, but when I compare that to the sheer amount of enjoyment I got out of the game, the positives easily dwarfs the negatives. So yes, I love it.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
I absolutely loved nearly every second of the game. I really only disliked the ending and the battle with the Reaper on foot (so fucking frustrating) and actually after I heard about the indoctrination theory for the ending I actually like the ending alot more because it makes so much sense.

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
ChrisRedfield92 said:
you want to know why everyone calls the ending a Deus Ex ripoff? Because that's exactly what it is. Watch the endings from the original Deus Ex and if you don't see the blatant similarities then we have nothing more to say to each other.
I. HAVE.

There are none. One of them is Denton running out of a facility with explosions and Tong telling him about the . One of them is Denton chatting to the head of the Illuminati (that's the one I picked). One of them has Denton talking to an AI and then fusing with it.

Are the reasons for this comparison really as shallow as 'in one, you fuse with an AI and that's totally like fusing everyone in the galaxy with synthetics, in one, you blow stuff up and that's totally like blowing stuff up, and in one, you join with the Illuminati and that's totally like...'

You know I can't even think of something that even vaguely links those last two together. If you have enough imagination to make outlandish conspiracy-theory style links between unrelated games, why don't you have enough imagination to think about what happens after the ending of Mass Effect 3?

Even more strange, I'm guessing from your knowledge about Deus Ex that you liked its endings as well. Which does exactly the same 'leave the rest to your imagination' tactics as ME3. I get that you hate the ending, and I can live with that... but some of the complaints are just moronic.
Well I'm happy that you're capable of lying to yourself in such an outlandish fashion, believe me I wish I could do it as well a you seem to.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Hey haters of the ending. I thought it was all about the journey and not the destination? *trollface*

I'm currently going through the Entire Mass Effect trilogy in one run. and so far not too bad.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
The game itself is fantastic.

Gameplay has been improved upon by a long way and the story content up until the end are great.

The only reason the ending was ruined for me is the plot holes and the lack of actual closure on what happens next.

But yeah, as far as the game goes it's good.

Nihlus2

Feb 8, 2011
I personally enjoyed the game to a high degree... Bioware knows how to raise the questions and themes of the ME series and keep them at that. Existence, bonds, companionship and consequences of all actions - reaction and responsibility from the world you invest time in.

Good and touching moments, really worthwhile... -However-

(spoilers)
...Only thing I grief is that, the ending basicly removes all aspects of "choice" and "action and consequences" and turns it into a one-sided ending a la FPS-shooter games. Your choices never even matters a single inch in the ending. At all (besides if some companions are missing or not). It leaves a bitter sweet taste... really sour taste of no pay off from a lot of build up, and removes your reason to care.

However! Most of it is stellar as usual... no clue why they removed the rpg element as soon as you arrived on Earth... Not a good sign, but nothing we can do about it sadly. Enjoy the small stories, that's where you will find the good in it. Feel betrayed like the majority by the ending if you must, but try and find comfort in the rest being true to the universe. Only the ending became a linear one-ending no-choice cutscene, that removed all and everything that 3 games had been invested into of choices... no closure or difference in what you did. If you don't care much for a game with you deciding how it ends - then it will not bother you. If you do, then this will hurt a lot. Since the previous games were all about it. Especially with ME2, where it could go from "Sunshine and Happy Days" ending, to "everyone dies... for a minor victory".

Quite a difference. It's regression in style and preference from Bioware, but it is ultimately their choice.