Did games ever made you feel...emotions ?

Leftyrem

Jul 3, 2009
Anger at the last boss in gears of war 3 on insane that parts just unfair. I also was sad at all the parts in Area 51 where you think you will have a team and then nope.

Jan 27, 2011
Zhukov said:
Angry Camel said:
Recently , Bastion stirred some real emotion in me. Won't spoil it, but my Squirt and Pecker will be avenged!
You too, eh?

At least Mr Rumbles and Snappy got through okay.
Count me in as well. >: ( When I saw what had happenned, I actually said out loud "...You're gonna get it you sons of !@#$es. You're not leaving here without a few broken limbs and lifelong scars!" And then I waded right in with my upgraded hammer and made them regret ever crossing my path.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Denamic said:
If games didn't invoke emotions in me, I wouldn't be playing them.
you make a very good point, if they weren't fun/enjoyment (being an emotion i guess) then no we wouldn't play them.

sozettaslow1

Jun 2, 2011
Every other scene in 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. Especially the endings. True ending, sub ending, safe ending, and ax ending in particular.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Well in Twilight Princess I was surprised to be affected by the
death of Midna
and then pleased to find she survived

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Sadness: The ending of Silent Hill 2 and MGS3.
Confusion: The plot twist in Condemned 2 or the new Bionic Commando.
Terror: Everything in Amnesia TDD.
That "HELL YES!" feeling: In the most recent example, Deadly Premonition, when:
You get to play as the raincoat killer back in the 50's (complete with grainy filter and sepia tint to the screen), and you can exact revenge on all those shadows that have frustrated you for the past however many hours of play time with your mighty axe of carnage, all while "Amazing Grace" plays in the background.

Moka Lamme

Feb 6, 2011
Man, everyone's examples are so modern...

The one that'll make you rage:
I got sad, almost cried, when aerith died in Final Fantasy VII.
The one you've prolly never heard of:
I teared up when Alice died in the real ending at the end of Shadow Hearts. :(
The one you can probably relate to:
Saint's Row 2, the secret mission where
you finally find out who set you up and you end up killing Julius
Packed such an emotional puch and I don't even know how to properly explain how it made me feel. Just awesome.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
The Witcher 2, when you find out they've turned Triss into a figurine.
OH. NO. YOU. DIDN'T.

Also, every moment in majoras mask.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Kingdom Hearts 2: "Looks like my summer vacation is,,,,,,,,over."

If that doesn't make someone tear up, I don't know what will. Good ending of BioShock also gets props.

Jan 27, 2011
Kadoodle said:
Even though I disliked her, I felt a pang of guilt when Miranda didn't make it out of the suicide mission in ME2. She was the only one to die, and I felt it was because I was more distanced from her than any other character. I failed to maintain her loyalty when she was arguing with jack, and I sorta knew before I started the mission that she wouldn't make it. I left the collector base with a heavy heart that day.
I had a reverse situation. I had full loyalty on EVERYONE, then Jack and Miranda got into a stupid cat fight, I told Miranda to piss off, she was ruining my hard work on showing Jack that there IS good in the world, and lost Miranda's loyalty.

Then, in the mission, I was gonna choose Garrus to lead the fire team, but Miranda INSISTED she take the lead. I gave it to her. ...As a result, the tech guy (not tali, the other one) DIED. I was upset. Then I found out that it was only because miranda had no loyalty. I was furious, and ended up redoing the mission, picking Garrus this time. This time, everyone made it.

Although I REALLY wouldn't have been upset if Miranda had died. Her "superior to thou" attitude was really starting to get on my nerves.

And I went for Tali too. Siding with her when the inevitable Ash VS Tali fight happens. Ash turned her back on me, but Tali believe in me even though she had even MORE reason to hate Cerberus that Ash did.

--
Also, thinking about it, I have never cried for any media (books, games, movies, etc)....but the only time I ever came close was the end of Toy story 3. ;_; That was too sweet, with a tang of bitter.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Phoenix Wright. When you know you got the facts and objections down, you feel awesome.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
Hmm, let's see.

Red Dead Redemption: final scene with John Marston-Sad
Half-Life 2-Episode 2: Final scene overall-Sad
Twilight Princess: When Midna leaves through the portal-Sad/Angry
Fallout 3: Too many to count-Sad/Angry/Guilty
Halo Reach: Last Mission-I'd have to say sadness mostly from a sense of hopelessness
Bioshock: Meeting Andrew Ryan-I don't know what it was, but my mind was blown.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Persona 4 is the only game I have really felt feelings towards.

When Nanako dies. Made me bawl like a baby.

When I discovered Adachi did the murders just for fun, I wanted to pull out his heart and rip it in two.

Naoto's shadow confrontation. I cried a bit.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Anger in Fallout 3, when you-know-who irradiates the chamber to save you and the rest of the science team instead of letting the gun-toting psychopath (me) save them.

Fear several times during Dead Island, but especially when walking through the jungle and suddenly meet Jason (then dying three times, and having him instantly respawn).

Sadness in Call of Duty 4, at the ending.

Love turned to hate when Anders does you-know-what at the end of Dragon Age II.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
MianusIzBleeding said:
Heavy Rain:
Pretty much every major decision by the kidnapped kids father. Especially the bit with the druggie you get ordered to shoot. When he showed me a picture of his children I just couldnt do it :S
I did the exact same thing. The entire level I was like "Holy crap, am I really gonna do this? I don't think I can. But I have to save my son". Once I found out the target was a jerky jerk, I thought it might be easier. I thought maybe I'd kill him in self-defense. Then he showed me his kids, and we were in THEIR room. I went through all of Ethan's thoughts, and in the end, I just couldn't do it. I must have sat there for a good 5 minutes going over what to do in my head.

Then my friend played it, didn't even listen to Ethan's thoughts, cause he knew they would sway him, and just shot him dead. It was cold and brutal...