Is this the first poll?

• Total voters

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The weird thing to me about this film is how much it tries to undermine the first film. I wonder how much of this project was meant to erase the weird propagandists backlash the first film got, about inciting violence and all that bullshit.

So they spend the whole time sort of trying to undo that film while also trying to play off the origins of these characters. The Joker was a great, unique and compelling origin story for the Joker that I dont think has been done. And they try to do it again this time, not only for Joker again but also Harley Quinn.

While there is an interesting potential in twisting Harley into this demon that sort of pushes the Joker further. Ultimately I don't think it works. Partly because I'm annoyed at the "modern day bulkshit" of it in that they cannot possibly allow a woman to be a victim to a man's manipulation. But also like most attempts at making "Girl bosses", her new role completely undermined everything Arthur was in the first film and continues to undermine his potential agency in this film. It turns the Joker from his own character into a manipulated puppet of her's. It's a role reversal that isn't done well and also doesnt really fit based off the events of the first film.

And again I feel like this whole this was meant to be an apology to the Twitter weirdos who tried to call the first Joker film as some sort of extremism film.

As a result not only is this film bad, but it actively works to ruin the first one.
That's what the youtubers are saying. It's an apology for people regarding those that liked the 1st one when the professional classes did not want us to do so.
I thought the 1st one only OK. It was a mashup of 2 better films, Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy so, no real surprises there for me until I started talking with others regarding how unreliable the narrator was in that film.
Mostly, I'm hearing it was an unbelievable bore that seems to have been made for no one, pleasing no one.
1728141257779.png

Reactions: CriticalGaming