District 9 Offends Nigerian Government

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Wow. Losing the Nigerian market... That's got to sting.

Well, I'm sure the $126 million in Sony's pillow will help ease the pain as they cry themselves to sleep at night.

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Fuck off Nigerian Government. Grow up and stop letting peole walk all over you.
Or like, fuckin', I dunno. We'll bomb you.
^^

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
But whilst not wanting to be known as a nation on con-artists and criminals is understandable, is being known instead as the country that complains all the time is perhaps that much of a step up?/quote]

Only if you are an ex British colony.....ba dum dum bish!
/B

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Scumpernickle said:
Nigeria should really work on solving their own problems instead of blaming Sony for making all of them. Blaming someone else for your problems is really childish, if you don't like getting picked on fix the problem or just ignore them.

And asking for an apology isn't going to fix anything, I doubt they'll even get one.

I agree completely. Nigeria itself seems to get angry or offended on the slightest provocation. The entire movie took place in Nigeria and there was alot of it that showed that Nigeria was trying to take control of a difficult and potentially catastrophic situation through it's control as MUN or was it MNU.... Anyway not important. The fact of the matter is that the gang lords and their crews were being shown as the cannibals/criminals/swindlers. I think the fact of the matter is that Nigeria doesn't want to be associated with these types of people but what Nigeria doesn't understand is that essentially every country has these types of people, the fact that they were shown in this movie isn't an attack on Nigeria and I think that they really need to grow up and understand that they're not free of crime, sadly no one is.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Nigeria is a peaceful country; it's not run by a bunch of cut-throat dictators who would just as soon kill people as help them and it's not populated by a bunch of con artists.

Therefore, we demand you cease exercising your right to free speech. We will be holding your film hostage until you do as we say and remove any criticisms of our country. We also demand you make a full, public apology, despite any belief you may have of your position.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Grow a pair Nigeria, The French surrender, Germany gets to relive WW2 in almost a new game every other day and America is the country that has a severe corruption problem, etc etc. Just deal with it, it's called a joke. (Or ..history in Germany's case)

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
If you don't like your image then frakking do something about it! That is all.

fuckwit

Jan 4, 2009
FROGGEman2 said:
fuckwit said:
FROGGEman2 said:
fuckwit said:
they had it coming, really, the bastards.
Who are the bastards?

...And what's with your name?
To quote CyberGenesis, "Phishing scams, fake lottery winnings, South Africa's ACTUAL problem with nigerian gangs...My sympathy is lacking here."

What of my name? Does it not please you?
Yeah, but by "they" I assumed you meant Sony. And the whole District 9 production team. I mainly thought this because they are the subjects in this situation.
Oh, well then I did mean the Nigerians.
My name is quite clever, thank you very much.

Uhh, your name is just a little odd, that is all.[/quote]

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
Nigeria has certainly been rather insecure lately. Maybe they should try a different method of making a new name for themselves. Like actually developing.

kend1

Mar 19, 2009
Nigeria is feeling very unwanted right now :(

Maybe a just a little loving ... from an extra-terrestrial being

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
wow...
I completely forgot that this movie existed until I saw the post

doesn't mean I didn't like the movie, but... wow

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
fuckwit said:
FROGGEman2 said:
fuckwit said:
FROGGEman2 said:
fuckwit said:
they had it coming, really, the bastards.
Who are the bastards?

...And what's with your name?
To quote CyberGenesis, "Phishing scams, fake lottery winnings, South Africa's ACTUAL problem with nigerian gangs...My sympathy is lacking here."

What of my name? Does it not please you?
Yeah, but by "they" I assumed you meant Sony. And the whole District 9 production team. I mainly thought this because they are the subjects in this situation.
Oh, well then I did mean the Nigerians.
My name is quite clever, thank you very much.

Uhh, your name is just a little odd, that is all.
Clever...

Unnecessary use of foul language /=/ clever.

Rynamo AV

Jul 23, 2009
mommy the companies are saying bad things about me

Every country has its batshit insane criminals and con-artists, and have been portrayed as such. Why does Nigeria moan as if it thinks it's the only one?

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Seriously? They have a bad case of "offense" these days. They need to really get over it.