Do folks recognize you?

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
No one recognizes me. thats for sure. I am such an infrequent poster that if you do recogonize me I can't undestand how. Also i bet this is my first post for like half a year atlest. I could check. But I won't.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i recognise a few people, usually by their avatars. don't recognise yours and doubt few people know mine

Whichi

Sep 13, 2010
Jonluw said:
Hiya escapists.

I figured, surely I can not be the only one on here who wonders whether the other escapists are beginning to recognize me; so I decided to make this thread.
It's really simple: Do you want to know if people are getting used to seeing you around the forums? Then post here, and tell the user above you whether you've seen him/her around.

[sub]I realize this might make me seem massively egocentric, but damn it, I'm curious. You know you want to know as well.[/sub]
Some people know how to make themselves memorable, others are able to make themselves memorable without even realizing it, and others just fade into obscurity without being recognized by the many.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
LordCuthberton said:
Jonluw said:
In what way, pray tell?

With knowledge of what threat is posed to the future of this otherwise cheery thread, we might be able to avoid it.
Do you know why people like Furburt and Hubilub left this site?

Probably not. I'm not going to explain it all as it is frankly a depressing and long story to write. But it is related to this kind of stuff.

Shit like this always get's the inflated egos riled and raises the ego's of those who did not have a particularly large one. It all dissolves into flame-wars in thread and out, people get pissed off with one another and more insults are thrown.

I haven't even mentioned the 'celebrity' admiration this site has to it's own community, referencing them as gods and other crap.

This kind of thread always blows up. Just a matter of time.
I like having my ego tickled :(
Doesn't mean I'm going to get any delusions of grandeur any time soon. I trust that the escapist community can manage to compliment one another for a bit without getting ridiculously inflated egos.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Jonluw said:
Greyfox105 said:
Awww, I thought you meant in real life, in which case, I could have happily said "no", and faded back into the shadows >.>
Although, this seems kinda like the Forum Game "How well do you know the above poster".
Oh, and I've seen Squidden's avatar before, that is about it.
Well, the forum game was the inspiration for this thread. I just wanted to try a different twist on it.
S'not a twist, it's just the exact same thing but where you want to be the one everyone remembers. Might as well have called the title "LOOK AT ME, have you looked at me yet? Good, now the rest of you play the How Well Do You Know The Above Poster game"

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
i've been here for a year and i doubt anyone gets used to my very infrequent posts

and i think i may have seen the guy above me idk

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I'm very much doubting that I'm recognised at all on this site, probably too boring to be memorable, that or I'm not active enough.
LordCuthberton said:
I haven't even mentioned the 'celebrity' admiration this site has to it's own community, referencing them as gods and other crap.

This kind of thread always blows up. Just a matter of time.

Though reading this, I'm guessing its more of a blessing than a curse. I wouldn't this kind of shit happening to me, I like to leave a comment or two here and there and maybe get a few replies and a chance to debate my opinion... That's about it.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I don't suppose I've seen the user above. Yet the avatar seems a bit familiar for some reason.

Everything starts to appear familiar! I suppose I spend too much time here.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Sorry, my friend, don't think I know you.

I used to post regularly and my avatar is very colourful, but if anyone does remember me I'm sure my 'idle period' was enough time to forget me.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I don't remember ever seeing the user above me before.

Pretty sure nobody know me, too.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Hmm, I think I've seen you before. At least if you used to have the same avatar except it said "Hammer Time" instead of "Christmas Time".

Edit: Ah, crap, someone posted before me. I'm referring to the post above the post above this one.