Do you get upset if Yahtzee trashes a game you like?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
No, but I was a little peeved he liked a game I didn't, by which I mean inFAMOUS 2. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.296612-Hypnotic-reviews-inFAMOUS-2#11728410]

Mark Hardigan

Apr 5, 2010
I don't need validation for my likes and dislikes. I agree with some of his criticisms, I disagree with others. I neither rejoice when he does a review I agree with, or get angry when he does one I disagree with.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
No. he does it to just about every game, after all. Besides, most of his criticisms are valid and liking a game doesn't make me blind to its flaws.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I find it funny because most of his complaints in games I like are things I've actually complained about myself.

DarksideFlame

Feb 9, 2011
He has his opinion and I have mine it's a easy as that although a lot of die-hard SSBB fanboys don't see it that way

the only thing I don't like so good is that he gives away details of plot without warning

KanHanderan

Jun 2, 2011
When Yahtzee reviewed my favorite game ever (the original infamous), initially, I was hostile, but stepped back and saw that every point he made was valid and true. Actually the only time I've ever been mad is when he called 40k players "blobs" or when he implied liking the new Doctor Who is dumb.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I stopped finding Yahtzee funny a year ago. Now it's just bland and boring. I much prefer listening to Angry Joe or Spoony.

When Yahtzee trashes a game I like, I don't care at all. It's the same as if any other regular person does it. It's all opinions and I dislike games other people like, and people dislike games that I like. Neither is right or wrong.

I do, though, give him credit that he's put a few good points about games, and that his book is pretty good.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
i absolutely love it when he rips on a game i enjoy, i look forward to the episodes where he does

Deathlisk

Feb 5, 2011
No. The hole point of his reviews are to trash and rip apart ganes, unless he loves them. Then he will be kinder.
I liked dragon age but I still found his reviews funny.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
I get angry when I hear politicians spouting platitudes or blatantly misstating an issue to make their opinions seem like the only sane point-of-view.

As for reviewers and their opinions, I welcome their comments and then weigh them against previous reviews with games that I have experience with. I'm not so invested in a game or a gaming system that I take anything anyone says about the/them as though they've just criticized me mum.

foolish snails

Sep 1, 2010
not really. I just watch his show for shits and giggles. What he's reviewing doesn't matter to me; I'm here for the jokes.

onamie

May 31, 2011
no sir i dont
he sometimes sees problems in games that i miss and he saved me from some stupid games *caugh* kane &lynch 2
and hes to entertainig for me to get upset or mad

Sammi Costello

Mar 20, 2010
lettucethesallad said:
Nope. It's an opinion. Having an opinion is his job. I may not agree with everything he says, but I'll still find it entertaining.
I honestly think it's a bit deeper than that.

As a disclaimer, by the way, no I don't get upset when Yahtzee dislikes a game that I liked.

Ultimately, he's paid, not only to review games, but specifically to be an ass (no offense to the charasmatic stallion). It's like he himself once said: it's just basic pattern recognition. Now, obviously, every now and again, a game comes along that he really likes and he sings praises for it, but let's face it folks, it won't be Halo 4.

If I personally enjoyed a game, then other peoples opinions simply make me view the game different. "Ah yes, I can see why someone would find [THING] annoying, but it doesn't bother me". That kind of thing.

ntw3001

Sep 7, 2009
He's only done it once that I can remember, with Smash Bros. Some stuff he was wrong, some stuff he was right but I didn't care. Unlocking characters is an irksome mechanic, but I like the game enough to forgive it.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
It actually doesn't happen all that often. I seem to share similar taste in games with Yahtzee. It's one of the reasons I do consider his reviews when looking into buying a game, though I'll never take just his word.

Still, when it does happen, no I don't care. Usually I agree with the flaws he points out anyway, and I just don't find them to be as large as he thinks. Besides, as Yahtzee has pointed out quite often, his reviews are always subjective opinion. As said in the Brawl mailbag episode, if you really liked a game then his negative opinion shouldn't bother you. Paraphrasing, but it's pretty much what he said.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
No - A lot of the things he says are actually true, and I usually find that I've played the games Yatzee mentions when the review comes out that I want to - if I haven't played it by then, then I didn't want to and I'll agree with Yatzee anyway

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Not really. I juts find it rather humorous to be able to say ''Oh yeah, that's pretty retarded.''.

All games have their faults. And its fine to learn of them, and have a good laugh.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
No, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, besides, i never go by what reviewers say anyways, i just watch Yahtzee because he's funny, you have to experience a game for yourself and judge if its good or bad.