Do you like your name?

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Stephen is like generic name no.75 but that's alright with me, its not embarrassing in any way.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
No. I hate my name. Jeremiah is a shitty name. If I wasn't so used to the moniker, and if it wasn't such a hassle, I'd change it. Not like I could actually afford a frivolous name change, but if I could, I'd seriously contemplate it.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I love my name. Ethan is common enough to not be weird and unsayable, but not so common that everyone has it.

Although I dislike the way some people say it and the fact that it's hard to make a nick-name out of it. Some people call me Etho.

w9496 said:
The only time I dislike my name is when people call me Bill. I will never understand why Bill is short for William.
Ever read the Invincible comics? There's a guy in it named William who always complains why people will call him anything (Bill, Billy, Willie) before they'll call him William.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
My name is Gemma, but my friends often call me "Gem" or "York/Yorkie" (the latter nickname comes from the fact that I hail from Yorkshire and I am about 5'3).

I actually quite like it, my dad gave me my first name, and my mum gave me my middle name, which is "Chloe". So my full name is a compromise from both parents. Which is nice.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I like my full name (I have iliterative initials) but wierdly I've had a love-hate relationship with my full-time nickname. I chose it myself but regretted it partly because although it was unique in my school as a shortening of my name it got me a lot of stick, that and people saying it wrong because of the local accent. When I got to Uni I had decided to just go by my full name but a trick of fate stopped that from happening when a friend of mine at the same Uni put about that I went by my nickname not my full name.
Since then I've actually found it useful to have a persona that I can almost hide behind with only my family and lecturers really knowing me by my full name.
So yeah, as names go, at least I'm not one of ten of that years most popular baby name or something.

My full name is Elizabeth and my nickname is Betty by the way

MightyJellyFish

Jul 6, 2012
I'm Timothy James Dunn

I like my name because it sounds nice and I can be called Tim or TJ which also sound nice. It's not too common I guess I only know two other Tims

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
Declan.

You don't meet many Declans in England, so thats good for me!
However, not a fan of the religious overtones of the older meaning attached to it.
No-one ever ever ever spells it correctly - Declun, Decland, Declin, Deklyn... the list goes on!

I do like all the nicknames I've gotten over the years - Declan is pretty easy to mess about with apparently! :D

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Yui? Sure, however, people actually refer to me as Hope since there were complications with my birth, my parents have always refered to me as that. And I love that name. <3

Hope. <3