AndyVale

Mar 18, 2009
Willwillwritehiswill said:
I always listen to Adam and Joe's radio show on 6 music on saturdays
oktalist said:
BBC 6 Music FTW!
bad rider said:
Personally, I recommend bbc radio 6.
Cracking station! I was interviewed on there a month or two ago. Steve Lamacq has a student radio section on his show and I was picked to chat about mine. It was good fun, even though my phone speaker was really quiet and I had to guess what most of the questions were. If you're interested, you could download it here

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzmlzmknnmd

Also, I have noticed that in the UK there are two new TV shows about radio and a major film about it (The Boat That Rocked.) I can genuinely see radio audiences going up over the next few years. With recession there is often good art and music as history has shown. Radio will have a big part to play in that and HOPEFULLY the programme controllers will listen to them, if they don't then a whole load of new stations will pop up giving people what they want. Similar to the pirate radio ships of the 60's. But it will probably be more internet led, but that's okay because there is a big place for radio there too.

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
I think of the radio as a way of finding new songs that i haven't heard before, and one of the best comedy platforms (along with TV and YouTube), always good for a surprise. Only for the car though. Possibly during classes.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Yeah I do, I leave the radio on for about 5 hours every weekday on my phone while i'm in school.. I just leave it on all through school so that I can listen to it in one ear sometimes while i'm doing work, and during breaks, and also while i'm walking to and from school. I prefer it over MP3's because it doesn't take up loads of space on my phones memory card and theres more variety of music to listen to. But I have some MP3s too for if nothing good is on!

Demasu

Dec 18, 2008
I listen to it at night when I sleep, and when I'm in the car. However if nothing good is on, I listen to my mp3 player instead.

TinyToaster

Mar 18, 2009
I have and listen to Sirius in the car. If I'm not listening to that, I'm normally listening to a Podcast or Ebook that I've got on my ipod