Do you read why fellow posters get put on probation?

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Check check check check *T-ching* Check check check check check *T-ching*.
(What am I imitating?)
Yea I check why people are on probation as well.

Off-Topic: Captcha is messing around with me it came up with no words this time. How am I meant to type the two words if there aren't any?!? Refresh here I come.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
No, I'm usually too engrossed in the current topic. That's probably going to change now that I've read this one. Thanks alot (sulk).

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
I often find that the guy probated was in the right. Not the mods fault, just too many people reported him because they were offended.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Only the ones who have ever crossed me. Nothing shuts down your heated argument faster than being called out for your previous outburst.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
If it's a thread I've posted in, or paying more interest to than simply skimming through 5+ pages of replies, then yeah I'll generally check it out just in case it's referenced later.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Yeah I always read the posts that incur moderator wrath.
There's a patten.

People always get put on probation when the person who was a dick first reports them
People get suspended when they say something racist, sexist or otherwise act like a bigot
And people only ever seem to get banned when they use the word "Furfag" in a post, or they're a spambot.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
I do, because most of the time they're interesting posts/harsh truths that just overstepped the line a bit.
Either that, or it's an arguement/trolling, in which case it's amusing to read.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Yep. I always hope to see some juicy fight in progress when I click on them. Shame I rarely see any extremely amusing posts this way.

Drakane

May 8, 2009
I do it also, mostly to see what racist dumb shit comment someone made. I am also currently having the urge to say something really messed up and stupid to get banned/probation in this thread for epicness...

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Cuy said:
Yeah, all the time, it's the quickest way of finding posts worth reading.
This made me lol and kinda agree
I do, always. Often it's just short posts like 'yes' or 'no'. It seems like some get away with probation-worthy posts and some don't. I guess there's just too much going on for mods to catch everything. Nevertheless, The Escapist is the best forum I've ever been to

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Get Jiggy said:
I do it constantly expecting the 'evil' post to be something epic (not sure why). I'm almost always dissapointed.
Agreed - 90% of the time it's "Constant Recurring Behavior, Did Not Change Their Ways". I know this will happen. Nevertheless, I can't not check. I just need to know.

AgentDarkmoon

Mar 20, 2010
I do sometimes and don't others. I tend to read bans or very long probations/suspensions all the time. I get annoyed when there isn't a link option to whatever caused it, though. I like to have the opportunity to see.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
It shows me how ham-fisted the mods here can be -- if a user reports a post, seemingly regardless of its actual content, the poster is put on probation.