Do you read why fellow posters get put on probation?

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Often, I've seen someone put on probation for something that I don't think warranted, and frequently in response to a post that I feel deserves some consequenses itself. It makes me feel that the assholes get the last laugh and that the the Mods need to grasp the bigger picture. This isn't always true, but certainly happens more than I'd like...

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, it's usually pretty disappointing. I always expect some actual lines to be crossed. But it's usually just something barely worth probating.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Oh, guilty as charged. Depends on the reason sometimes.. like, if someone is clearly being unpleasant and horrible, or unnecessarily combative.
As was already stated very early on in the thread it's mostly if it's a user that's been bugging me or if they've clearly just stepped on an accidental No No Mine.

Anyone bring up certain programmes for instance or advocating their use, for instance.
Though in the case of Ad Blockers, I'm thoroughly on the side of The Escapist mods.
Enough on that.

I'm also a nosey git, that's also a reason!

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Yes, but mainly for "teh lulz". It is fun to see what others do and good to know what not to do.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Always, and most of the time, I honestly think they received a punishment for a really trivial matter. I even got a probation for a low content post that was technically on topic, but I'll leave that for another day.