Do you swear much?

introverted_surd

May 7, 2012
I probably swear a bit more than necessary but it is dependant of who i'm with. By my self, wiht my mates or with my brotehr then yeah, I swear but i wouldn't swear in public on a bus or something. Well maybe I would but then I would notice it and try to fix it. My swearing is conditional on who I am with at the time.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
The taboo surrounding swear words ignores that there are far worse things you can say without using them.

Just as non-physical violence is ignored compared to physical violence

Garyn Dakari

Nov 12, 2011
I don't swear all that often, and when I do it's the really mild ones, like crap, damnit, ect. Occasionally if I hurt myself or do something stupid I'll let out the word "shit", but that's rare. Online I'm just a little more liberal with my language, but still, I try to only swear if I have very strong feelings on a certain matter. Cursing loses a lot of it's effect and power if it's done every other sentence.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Quite a bit yeah. With friends and coworkers I swear like there's no tomorrow.

Family on the other hand... not so much. I'll cuss around cousins/siblings but parents, aunts/uncles, and grandparents I tend to watch my mouth. I'm 28 but I still don't feel comfortable cussing around my elders. Hell, I don't even drink around my parents at BBQs.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Pra caralho.

I mean I swear a lot, yes. Of course it depends on a lot of things, like where I am, who I'm talking to, what we're talking talking about, etc.. I don't really do it in english because it doesn't feel natural. I do like the word 'bullshit' though, I don't know why.

megadraco

Feb 5, 2013
I must say that yes, I swear quite a lot. Not on the internet, though, God knows why. Then again, I'm from Argentina, where a swear word (boludo, in case you were wondering which translates, in its strongest, as "asshole") is used as a greeting.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Oh all the time, except when I am in a professional environment of course. What I think usually goes straight to my mouth and my classmates have even nicknamed me 'Sailor' because of my mouth. Though if you put some alcohol in me, then it becomes really fun.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
bartholen said:
Got to ask, why are you bothered? They are just words and censoring yourself makes you sound like a child, of course spamming them makes you sound dim but "swearing" isn't bad.

Context is everything, I wouldn't go into a job interview swearing up a storm or while I am around friends I wouldn't say "oh, fudge".

swearing says nothing about you, it doesn't make you "cool", aggressive, rude or what ever else. Swearing is nothing but informal language.

More on topic, I swear but I wouldn't say often or rare ... just when ever I want to. It's not like "I'm going to the fucking shop, any fucker want anything?" as much as it isn't "frick, I stubbed my toe" ... for example the other day my supervisor wanted to drill a screw into a piece of wood, he slipped and the bit hit my thumb nail, to which I shouted "FUCK, FUCK, SHIIIIIT, SON OF A ***** THAT HURTS!" keep in mind I work as a grounds keeper for 4 blocks of flats/apartments so I was probably heard by a lot of people.

Tyelcapilu

Mar 19, 2011
I swear compulsively online, but don't really swear at all in real life. It's strange because my parents and school both swear plenty (including my teachers) and don't give a 'goodness please stop that' if somebody swears.