Do you swear much?

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I only tend to swear onloine. Offline I tend to ramble nonsensically instead. Moments of short sharp pain might rouse an "AH FUCK!" out of me however.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I swear a lot if I am angry, nervous or in any way in a stressful situation, (including feeling uncomfortable with my surroundings.) If the stress rises enough, fuck will become a member of every sentence I say at least once... it's a counter action to my stutter that used to occur instead!
I also swear when drunk... rather excessively... Including an accellerated use of the C-Bomb in a variety of colourful situations.

Normally however I will substitute swearing with child friendly alternatives (the result of having strict parents). This means I will often use the first word in my head as a swearing alternative... (Which can sound unintentionally hilarious! Especially if I somehow combine words to make a new word in the spur of the moment!)

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
I swear regularly , no more than most people I think. I have pretty good control over it, I rarely let something slip in the wrong company.

But when I play multiplayer games with people out of shoe throwing range...

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Fuck yeah I swear, mother-fucker!

In all seriousness, I've been swearing a little too much lately and I'm forcing myself to cut back on it. It's my little way of burning off some of my finals stress.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Why the fuck would I swear? That shit's for pussy little ****** cuntbags.

OT: Yes, when I'm by myself or with good friends I let them fly. My family's not a big fan, though.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Zombie Sodomy said:
Fucking always you ****. That last one is the only one people seem to mind, but fuck those cunts. I wasn't raised with my parents telling me not to swear. Their attitude was "words don't mean anything unless they do" which makes sense once you get past the odd phrasing. When I was a kid we had a swearing competition between my sister, my father, and me; with my mom judging. I won. I think I mentioned a cactus. (douchegargle)
Who you callin' ****, you stupid fuckin' ****?

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
I have to admit, my language has gotten coarser over the years than it really should be. I attribute it to a shifting of the focus of my patience while life experience has led to more long-lasting pet peeves. With more experience, relatively, under my belt, I begin to see the tropes of life; things like how common courtesy is becoming less and less common, how lopsided politics has become to the point if you don't hold popular viewpoints you can't speak out on your own without risk of ridicule. It grates on me, like a cut that won't heal properly 'cause it keeps getting small pokes every so often.

As a result, I find it easier to be patient with some things, like waiting in line, or an unexpected delay with something I was planning, than I do with things that seem to be the result of careless, thoughtless or callous behavior, like very casual insults slung at my religion or political viewpoints, or when I'll say something doesn't seem right in a game in the chat box and someone puts me down for it, then tells me not to be so serious when I come back on 'em for it. That's when the bird tends to come out of the cage and my tongue starts to get venom on it.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Not that much in regular conversation, apart from the word "fucking" which is basically punctuation.
"So yeah, I was looking for the uh, the fucking.. the fucking what-was-it-called?"
"fucking sweet"
"that was fucking awesome"
etc.

I swear like a sailor playing League of Legends though.
"GOD DAMN IT. I AM SO AT THIS GAME! IS SUCH A CHEAP/OVERPOWERED ! HOW AM I EVER SUPPOSED TO GET BETTER WITH THIS HAPPENING!"
Insert any combination of swear words you like into the blank spaces. The angrier and more vitriolic the better

Zac Jovanovic said:
I swear regularly , no more than most people I think. I have pretty good control over it, I rarely let something slip in the wrong company.

But when I play multiplayer games with people out of shoe throwing range...
For some reason I got this brilliant mental image of someone hanging out their window and hurling shoes across continents. Shoes just busting through people's windows to hit them in the face.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
I learn all the best fucking swears in every single language I study. I didn't realize that damn it was even a proper swear anymore though. It's almost twee, now.

I swear alot, but I try to refrain from swearing at others.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I swead excesively since i was in kindergarten. swear words are just words like any other. nothing speciala bout them.

I would link a Limp Bizkit song, but i dont think moderators would appreciate that.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I peaked when I was working with the military.
But after that I think I have become more tame.
But I can still switch it up when necessary.
SAme for my Japanese too.

I think the best is to be able to switch. not just do one or the other

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I swear very often, but it really depends who I'm around. It's not like I'm trying to be cool or anything silly like that, it's just a subconscious thing- my brain knows not to swear as much around strangers as around my friends. I swear most with my old friends from home, where it's pretty much every couple of words, less around my family or my flatmates, and rarely around my lecturers. I'll only swear in front of a stranger if I'm actually in some sort of pain or something like that. That said, even my lecturers aren't that bothered if I swear, I think the only people in my life that I really avoid swearing around are my young cousins.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I swear often with friends or when my roommate shows up. (God, I hate her).

As for the rest of time, I don't swear that much which is good since I'm going to be a teacher.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Fuck no.

What the hell do you think I am, some low class, shit-eating plebian?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to playing Budokai 3

Damn it, Buu! You're such a
*Insert 3 different references to female genitalia here*

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Do i fucking ever! Between friends I swear like a sailor. With family i try not to but i do drop the occasional F bomb and strangers i'm pretty restrained.

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Nowhere near as much as I used to. I went through a phase in my early teens when every other words was a swear word. Now I tend to find other words come out of my mouth before I'll even think of swearing (mothballs, anyone?). When I do swear, I rarely progress beyond 'shit'. If I'm particularly upset/angry/in pain then the rare 'fuck' will escape me, but that's few and far between. As in: I can count the amount of times I've said 'fuck' out loud in the past five years on as many fingers...

I don't know, it'll probably switch around again in the next five years.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
bartholen said:
Hahaha, YES! These guys have been an absolutely appalling influence on my language recently. So basically I swear all the fucking time, with especially liberal use of the word "****" in a cockney accent.