Do you think girls are good gamers?

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
I have always thought that it doesnt matter if your a boy or a girl, as long as you can pick up a controller (or use a mouse and keyboard) you can play. And my friend makes this abundntly clear everytime she teabags my face in Halo

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
1. Of course they are good gamers.

2. Their just as good as boys

3. No, i do not mind at all.

I don't get all the ''gurl gamerz do not exist!'' thing, or ''Girls are bad at video games!'', i mean come one.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Depends on the individual

Some of the highest recorsd in King of fighters 2002 UM on line and Street Fighter IV are held by women (maybe the same)

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
I've met girls who were much better at me in RPGs, but couldn't handle shooters.
I've met girls who completely dominated every action based game, but lost in puzzles and other types of games.
I've met girls who just plain beat me at everything.
I've met girls who are absolutely awful as well.

However, I've run into guys who fall into each of these categories. The difference is I've met more guys who game, but then I meet with guys more easily (well, initially anyways. Somehow, once I gather a group of friends, more and more people of both genders seem to slip in either due to being a friend of one of the group or just by joining the conversation)

Apr 29, 2010
Look, if you're a girl and are good at games, then that's awesome. If not, then I won't judge you any differently. I've met girls who are good gamers, and I've met girls who are not good gamers. Same applies for guys.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Every girl gamer I've ever met has mostly never been willing to have a wide range of genres in her life, mostly RPGs. They avoid shooters because they cant find the innocence in virtual murder. The ones that play mostly RPGs I cannot judge, since that's usually single player, and means you can progress as you wish in your own time.

But the ones that are willing to play more games, KICK MY ASS.

The sign that they're not very good is usually that they stick to one thing.

I'd say it's stupid to judge based on gender, but with gaming it's really one sided with gender. But I wouldn't quit a game just because a female is in it. I'd enjoy the diversity, and the oppurtunity to see if they can avoid disapppointing me like so many others.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Isla said:
But do you consider girls good gamers?
Do you think they are as good as boys?
Do you mind facing a girl online?
In this order.

Yes.
Yes.
Hell no. I prefer it.

You have not lived until a 7-year-old girl split-screening with you kicks your ass in Black Ops. (O_O)

Albeit, I was tired as a mofo but... eh.

I bought her ice cream.

But... my manliness increased ten-fold that day.

[sub]I still beat her at any Pokemon game. (O_O)[/sub]

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
The number of video games that my sisters have played in their lifetimes can be counted on one hand. Two, if you count one game multiple times for it being played amongst the three of them and computer games. As of right now, they all see video games as an addictive poison (not entirely uncalled for) and haven't touched one in the last several years. I doubt they would if you payed them.

So no, I don't think girls are good gamers, because I barely think of girls as gamers.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well on average girls mostly don't care all that much about games, alot of girls will say they are gamers but only to peek your interest, and the ones that actually are mostly play something really casual, or pick up something hardcore just to be part of a group.

But those that do dork out over games can be just as good or better then their male counterparts, can't say I haven't had my ass handed to me by a girl before.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
If you think all girl gamers are bad, then it's pretty sexist...

It doesn't matter whether they are a boy or a girl, since when does that dictate how good you are in games...

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Well are a very few differences here and there. I mean sure we have those "game girls" that some companies have that are mostly eye candy. Sure they are decent players but hardly reason to have a horde of fan boys go oozy in the pants about. Yes there are girl gamers, females like males are obviously able to think, make choices.

And quite a few are not just playing "girl games" or "Roleplaying Games" ..or WoW. Real game girls exist yes.. they are just like you and me except they have boobs and use another bathroom. They are not very different from you and me!

And yes some of them are very good at the games they play. Self I don't play shooters but some guys seem to dislike it if a girl is better then them at a "mansgame" ahum! Really no game is only for one sexe!

Hell the sexuality slider is an analogue! Not a switch! So really to talk about it as if it has to be X or Y, nah!

Lets throw away this stuff about "Girl Gaming" and "Boy Gaming" since such labels are a self created lie. Instead lets go by the label of "Gamer" ...

Think beyond the label and you find a whole appreciation of humanity!

Aug 1, 2010
I find that girl gamers are either extremely good or very bad. They are more often than not playing the game for one of two reasons.

1) They have a boyfriend who is a gamer and want to share in it, no matter how bad they are,

or

2) They are genuinely interested in the game and are extremely good in the process.

Not trying to generalize or be sexist, this is just MY personal experience. If you are a gamer girl and not in either of these categories, well good for you.

Nova Helix

Mar 17, 2010
Isla said:
I don't play COD, or mass effect or any of those kinds of games. I'm more of an RPG based player (if any of you have read my posts before you could gather I hate online play)
That made me confused. Mass Effect isn't online and is a great RPG.

Anyway, I see no difference between guy and girl gamers. Any "difference" is just stereotypical nonsense.

chipfizz

Jul 15, 2009
I think that the girls that i know who game are better that guys. That is just me though and i am sure that i know some very skilled girl gamers. I have playing with both girls and guys online and i find myself having more fun with girls (I am a guy by the way).

I think that guy is a fool to have left the game like that an he need to think before he says stuff like that. There was no point. I like to judge people on there own skills so if i like playing with a guy i will have fun playing with him. Who you are is what makes the difference to me. You can be crap but if you are nice and team player i will be online with you anytime.

ViaticalTarsier

Sep 7, 2010
the percentage of girl gamers that are good is pretty small especially in FPS and faster paced games. I've yet to run into a girl that can even come close to beating me in any FPS.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Why yes I do think girls can be good gamers. Hell I saw a girl ROCK the drums on Rockband. The song Indestructible on expert. It was HAWT!

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I think there are good gamers who are girls.

I also think there are good gamers who are guys.

My girlfriend kicks my ass at MW2, and I kick hers at Borderlands.