Scrubs
Futurama
Harry Hill's TV Burp
Match Of The Day
and various sports

They are the main ones, anyway

Darkwhite

Nov 15, 2010
I download some TV shows to my PC but my actual TV is under my bed and has been there for the last year or so.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Sure, it's how I unwind after working all day. I don't watch anything in real time, though - we record everything on the DVR so that we can fast forward through the commercials. We also watch a lot of Netflix streaming and stuff off Xbox Live (movies and such).

Shymer

Feb 23, 2011
Snipped the aerial three year's ago, cancelled the TV license and have never looked back. Highly recommended.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
bahumat42 said:
<youtube=_IlTmNt2wfk>

but what about HARRY
the rest of the channel is gumf though i agree, its now tied with channel 5 for uselessness.
Indeed, what about him?

I have nothing against Harry Hill, I enjoyed his first show back in the day, but I've never really watched and certainly not got into TV Burp. At least at first glance it seems to be all the stuff that I'd normally avoid over the course of a televisual week chucked in a blender and mulched into a murky timewasting froth with some lighthearted yet cynical commentary over the top and a touch of VJing thrown in. MST3K for trash telly, if you like.

Closest I get to that and still enjoy the output enough for it to be worth my time is Screen Burn or similar.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Law and Order: SVU
The Daily Show
30 Rock

..Smallville used to be on the list but it ended two weeks ago. Supernatural still has one more season (oh dear god, why!?), but I'm not even sure I care about the plotline anymore, considering it's so paper thin and tedious now. All in all, I don't really watch much T.V.. And that I do, I mainly watched streamed on the computer (mostly Adult Swim Anime, Naruto Shippuden, Avatar, etc).

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
I feel ya dude. I have the 1 billion channels of HD and I watch History (when it's not about armaggedon, the anti-christ, did aliens visit, is Hitler alive nonsense.) Natgeo, Discovery, Comedy central (Workaholics is terrible.) and maybe a few other shows on FX like Sons of Anarchy and Justified. Other than that reality EVERYTHING has destroyed what little value TV had. No, I don't want to watch a bunch of people have cupcake bakeoffs, or toddler pagents, truck driving "reality", or anything.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
Most of the TV I watch is on demand stuff 4OD and iPlayer.

The only TV I watch when it airs is Doctor Who.

Other than that I watch,

The Apprentice (which the BBC takes it sweet time adding to iPlayer)
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle
Psychoville
Have I got News for You
Russell Howard's Good News
and occasionally some WWE/TNA.

Also sporadically documentaries on anything interesting.

KillahMate

Feb 8, 2011
I watch a number of TV shows - all of it online, streaming. I don't have a TV in my house, and don't feel that I'm missing anything (though I am in Europe, not the US - you guys have some pretty good TV channels).

upthebeach99

May 8, 2011
I stopped watching television for 9 months and now can't sit through a single program without getting up and doing something else. Weird how hypnotizing television can be.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I usually go downstairs every night at 10 to watch Ghost Hunters and then Destination Truth at 11. OLN is a surprisingly awesome channel!

The one channel I seriously miss every time people start talking about TV is Discovery. I don't get it anymore, so I've lost my direct conduit to science and technology news...

Stako

Apr 2, 2011
Ever since I got internet I've almost never watched TV... I don't like anything that's on - almost never. The only things I'm interested in are TV shows or movies that I've already seen and I watch out of nostalgia. And, ofcourse, this excludes the News Emissions - I watch these from time to time, if I havent read the paper or the daily news on the net...

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Doctor Who and re-runs of Friends are the only 2 shows that I will actually sit down to watch. Sometimes I watch the news. Mostly in the morning. I like to leave the TV on in the background though when I play FPS games.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I currently have the capability to watch TV only at my summer house, and even then it's mainly just reruns of old Simpsons episodes or the occasional interesting movie I might not watch sometime else. Although there is a 24/7 music video channel where I live, and I have to admit I watch it embarassingly much, even though it's mainly just some R&B bullshit or Lady Gaga playing over and over.

TV just has nothing to offer to me. I've got tons of websites with hundreds of years worth of videos, podcasts and such about the thing that TV has ignored: videogames. With the ability to pause it anytime I want to watch the rest later, free of ads and free of charge.

Joel Soh

Dec 17, 2010
I rarely watch TV. Only if something specific that I like is on that I can't immediately find on the internet. Otherwise it's all computer time for me!

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
I dont watch TV full stop. I watch Tv SHOWS, legally too. I use Sky Player here in the Uk to watch shows like game of thrones. other than that I watch BBC iPlayer and 4od and thats about it. The rest are all internet Shows like the shows and podcasts on Gametrailers and the escapist. I also watch the Cynical Brit on YouTube (for the indie games mainly).

does anyone know any podcasts that are like those that cover movies? i'd like to broaden my horizons a bit.

PEOPLE FROM THE UK! Are you as baffled as I am that ITV still exists? haha

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Nope - in the UK and don't have a TV licence and don't want one.
I'm terrible at remembering when things are on (used to use VideoPlus+ as a kid if it was something I didn't want to miss), and there's hardly anything I regard as worth watching.

For the most part I much prefer to play games for my entertainment, and for the things I want to watch there's either the internet or DVDs. I do have a DVD film rental service.