Do you watch TV?...at all?

e.wlmo4

Oct 9, 2010
In a country where one eighth of the population watches shit my day says (New Zealand) I pretty much just ignore it beyond the almighty johnsons and the occasional simpsons or Letterman

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Yes, mainly on DVD admittedly, the main current show I'm following is the Shadow Line which is pretty good.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Asides from using the television for my videogames and movies... nope. I honestly don't think there's anything worthwhile on the damned thing.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Back when I had a tv, there was a game I liked to play where I turned on mtv and counted how long it took before I started hating whoever was on screen. Never lasted more than eight seconds.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
I only watch the ABC and 7two. ABC because they have lots of good, intelligent and funny stuff. And 7two because they play Jonathan Creek once a week.
7two is basically all the British shows that were on ABC fifteen years ago, but now with ads. Which is both good and bad.
That's basically it...but I only watch Jonathan Creek. All the rest like Heartbeat and The Bill suck.
Jonathan Creek is an amazing show - one of my all-time favourites in fact. But to write off everything else on the channel is a little too broad a generalisation for me.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
I live in the US. In an apartment with free cable. I'm currently in possession of a 52" LED tv. And do I watch tv? No. Never. There's hulu or say, sidereel if theres anything I want to watch, and there are a few shows I keep up on (House, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny, Archer).

But no, free time is video game time and/or friend hangout time, not sit and watch commercials time.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I dont watch TV. Ever. Its only used to show stuff I own.

If I want a movie, I have it on DVD/Blu-ray. If I want to watch a series...same or stream/online service of sorts. Who the hell can take all those commercials? Not me, thats for sure.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
I only watch the ABC and 7two. ABC because they have lots of good, intelligent and funny stuff. And 7two because they play Jonathan Creek once a week.
7two is basically all the British shows that were on ABC fifteen years ago, but now with ads. Which is both good and bad.
That's basically it...but I only watch Jonathan Creek. All the rest like Heartbeat and The Bill suck.
Jonathan Creek is an amazing show - one of my all-time favorites in fact. But to write off everything else on the channel is a little too broad a generalization for me.
I don't think it is.

I mean...compare the two:

Whats on 7two and the ABC:
Whats on the other channels:
You be the judge.

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
No.
Not out of choice though

......:(

Failed my semester exams so dad had the home cable removed...........:(

Talk about sacrifice!

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I don't really watch TV that much anymore, mainly because I lost the remote, I only really watch Have I Got News For You. Which is awesome.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
Jonathan Creek is an amazing show - one of my all-time favorites in fact. But to write off everything else on the channel is a little too broad a generalization for me.
I don't think it is.

You be the judge.
Slow down buddy. I'm talking about not writing off everything else on the SAME channel.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
I found that as more and more of the shows i like got cancelled to make way for more and more reality TV surviving / singing / look at me tripe I was watching MUCH less. We dumped cable because we were mostly just watching reruns of shows we OWN on DVD...I'm now at the point where I watch only CBS and FOX:

Big Bang Theory
Fringe
American Dad
Bobs Burgers
The Simpsons
Criminal Minds

I'd still be watching old favorites like My Name Is Earl if they hadn't cancelled it because "who wants to marry this bimbo / man whore" or "Imma yell at you in the kitchen" is cheaper to make...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
qualitiy wise ABC is the best...I mean not saying they are awsome but its just soo much better than the mind numbing crap of the comercial stations (add wise anyway)

also there was an add for 7mate advertising jersy shore.....yeah

caselj01

Jun 8, 2010
I still watch a fair bit of TV. Id watch even more if Colbert Report, Community, and Game of Thrones were on TV in Australia but unfortunately they aren't, meaning I have to watch them by other means.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Scarecrow 8 said:
watching a guy live in a windmill and solve crimes is a must for any week!
OT: I will watch the CBC for news. but i always hear it on because my parents need to watch coronation street and survivor. which in my opinion are really boring as hell shows. English people living "real lives" and Americans being on an Island or as I like to call "camping au natural"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well before broadband I used to be a couch potato. I can't really watch TV much these day anyway since the only TV in this house is the living room where my parent watch it most of the time. I do watch stuff on TV every now and then just to take some breaks away from the PC.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Nope. Though I might watch a few select shows on the national channel of The Dutchy Somwherelsia.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
ENKC said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
I don't think it is.

You be the judge.
Slow down buddy. I'm talking about not writing off everything else on the SAME channel.
*slows down* Oh...I didn't read that right. But my point stil stands...some channels are better then others.