Do you watch TV?...at all?

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Same boat as you OP, the internet is so much bigger, there is SO MUCH MORE! (Shut the hell up DSTV, you don't know the meaning of the word MORE).

So yes, I stick to the internet and gaming, so much easier, much more power, accessibility, interactivity, fun et cetera...

SFMB

May 13, 2009
There is a reason they call it "the Idiotbox". Most of the TV-programmes are so crappy, I don't even want a TV for my consoles (though, they're old, but anyways). Internet provides me the needed programmes, when and what I want to see...

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I watch TV WHEN I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE TO DO. Except for when I watch doctor who.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Shymer said:
Snipped the aerial three year's ago, cancelled the TV license and have never looked back. Highly recommended.
oh yeah...you have to have a liscence to have a TV in briton right?

if youll excuse my language....thats sooo...fucking....stupid, like are you going to abuse it by making your children watch terrible shows or somthing?

really Im just...amazed at the very Idea

ImanOcean

Feb 27, 2011
I may watch the occasional footy game , but other than that, I only seem to turn it on to play the 360 or ps3.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
As time goes by I watch TV less and less. Most of the stuff I might be interested in, namely a few tv series, I get online and watch on my PC so there is even less incentive to go and turn it on.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I still watch the local news on TV. If I don't I might accidentally read people's 'comments' and become a physical manifestation of the concept of rage here on earth. The wife and I do occasionally watch some shows together.
Definitely less than I used to though.

edit: oh yeah. Sports. I watch sports on TV. Much bigger screen plus no chance at all of 'buffering'

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I get all the Australian digital and HD channels and I still hardly ever watch TV. Too busy on my computer most of the time and don't find it entertaining.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I avoid TV whenever possible. WAY too much advertising. Watch most of the programs I'm interested in off the web now. Usually only have to sit through 1 ad vesus 3-4 or more on TV.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
The Daily Show, Game of Thrones, and Star Trek. I have to agree that television advertising generally makes me squirm with how insidious/awful it is. When I can, I find what I want to watch online.

TaylorPaige09

Apr 8, 2010
I rarely watch TV anymore, but when I do, it's usually a Showtime or HBO series such as:

Nurse Jackie
Shameless
Dexter
The Ricky Gervais Show
The Borgias
Boardwalk Empire

and of course the occasional re-run of Seinfeld on TBS.

However, about 98% of the time I'm playing games or on the internet.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Not really, only if I'm having lunch with my mom. Whatever I wanna watch, I get it on the PC and view it from here, without having to bear through the fucking commercials and being able to pause, stop and rewind it whenever I want (you'd be surprised how many little things you can miss when watching crap on the telly that you can rewind/pause for to enjoy on the PC).

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
I don't have many tv channels either; just a few basic channels were bundled with my high speed internet. Ever since I went to college I've started to find most of my entertainment on the internet (insert pr0n joke here) and through video games. There are a few channels I probably would watch on a regular basis if I did have cable, but the way I see it, I'm never really bored enough to actually want it, so why would I want the extra expense.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Just one CBS sitcom and a lot of America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. Otherwise it's just Netflix and Youtube.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
No I don't. Only thing I watched was bbc untill the snack bar next door started redecorating and my free cable was probably cut in the process about 4 months ago.
It just made me cringe anyways...

Did you know...
You actually have less brain activity watching tv than just sitting still?

TheShogun

May 22, 2011
I do watch television regularly, mostly for sports events though. I have started to watch Game of Thrones on television however. I'm loving it.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I don't pay to have commercials removed, so with some very rare exceptions, I just use the TV to play my Xbox on.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
Vault101 said:
Shymer said:
Snipped the aerial three year's ago, cancelled the TV license and have never looked back. Highly recommended.
oh yeah...you have to have a liscence to have a TV in briton right?

if youll excuse my language....thats sooo...fucking....stupid, like are you going to abuse it by making your children watch terrible shows or somthing?

really Im just...amazed at the very Idea
Well its had the effect of doing a lot to ensure the impartiality of the news stations -- not only the BBC (which TV licenses pay for, btw), but of all others as nobody would watch them if they thought the BBC was the only one not biased.

Compare the situation to that of America -- an abomination like Fox News could not exist in Britain, and TV licenses are the reason why.