Doc Brown Explains Zelda Chronology Using Time-Travelling DeLorean

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Just brilliant, the actual continuity is just so damn confusing, especially if that stupid TV show counts as canon

Scarlet Mongoose

Mar 26, 2011
I just look at it like a multi-verse.
God bless parallel worlds, like Sliders and DC/Marvel Comics.

This was pretty funny though.
The guy playing Doc Brown was the best part. Did a decent enough Christopher Lloyd impression.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I love it.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
That was freakin' hilarious, but I still stand by the idea that there is no official timeline. You're supposed to build you own "Legend".

I mean, mine is this:

Ocarina of Time, directly followed by Majora's Mask, but after Majora's Mask Link returns to Hyrule to find that a thousand years had passed, so he hides the Ocarina of Time away and starts a normal life... in Ordon. That's the only way I could feel attached to the Link in Twilight Princess, it's the same Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. And also, Wind Waker happens in the other timeline. Seriously, any timeline that involves Ocarina of time has to have the split.

And I know many, many people think I'm insane for it.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Lionsfan said:
Just brilliant, the actual continuity is just so damn confusing, especially if that stupid TV show counts as canon
It never did and it never will.

If the CDi games don't count (as they shouldn't), then the show could be labeled as "anti canon" XD

NitehawkFury

Apr 8, 2011
The combination of two of my favorite childhood memories... Plus an explanation of seriously the craziest and most nonsense timeline in the history of gaming.

That was just plain awesome.

And the vest at the end! That was just icing on the cake. Those guys did a great job.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Well this is the best and most fun explanation of all the Zelda games so far. Now for a real challenge, can Doc Brown arrange up the damn Final Fantasy franchise any even though its not all one set of characters? He should also do the Kirby and Mario games too.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
So if I'm getting this straight...

OOT (because Link goes back in time) > Majora's Mask > (OOT Link turns into a Skull Kid, Hyrule flooded... D:) Wind Waker (As new Link) > Twilight Princess > Four Swords GBA? (or Adventures?) > I THINK the second LOZ > Crossbow Training > SSB > SC2 > I don't understand what this one is at 4:15... > Link's Awakening > Link to the Past > ...Something

Minish Cap wasn't included though, and those events have to have happened before the Four Sword Adventures and Four Swords. Also no Oracle games or Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Then again, I'm not thinking fourth dimensionally (and I don't blame the creators for not including them, Christ this is confusing).

Oh and AWESOME VIDEO!

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
well, that makes the most sense then any other zelda timeline theory.

Aerograt said:
So if I'm getting this straight...
OOT (because Link goes back in time) > Majora's Mask > (OOT Link turns into a Skull Kid, Hyrule flooded... D:) Wind Waker (As new Link) > Twilight Princess > Four Swords GBA? (or Adventures?) > I THINK the second LOZ > Crossbow Training > SSB > SC2 > I don't understand what this one is at 4:15... > Link's Awakening > Link to the Past > ...Something
Minish Cap wasn't included though, and those events have to have happened before the Four Sword Adventures and Four Swords. Also no Oracle games or Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Then again, I'm not thinking fourth dimensionally (and I don't blame the creators for not including them, Christ this is confusing).
Oh and AWESOME VIDEO!
Minish cap was in there along with the other missing ones, just leave it be, theres way to god damn timelines out there.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This fight is 100% wrong. Link should be using light arrows. Or fighting Ganon. One does not beat Ganondorf with a sword alone, though.

P.S. Thanks

AwesomeFerret

Apr 28, 2010
HankMan said:
It's amazing how the Doc was able to link all the games together.
The_root_of_all_evil said:
That Doc Brown would please the real Doc Brown. Hold on a minute...two Doc Browns? GREAT SCOTT!
It's a... Pair a Docs!
Oh, I see what you did there.

I have to say, that despite the fact I still have no clue what the timeline is, the CDi bit not counting was hilarious.