Doc Brown Explains Zelda Chronology Using Time-Travelling DeLorean

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
hazard99 said:
Why is (Twilight Princess)TP on the adult timeline?
The adult ending of (Ocarina of time)OoT doesn't fit with the backstory of TP
It is almost universally accepted, that TP comes after the child ending of OoT.
Which is stupid. Why would the races of Hyrule have relics from the ancient hero, if the ancient hero never actually existed in the timeline?

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Is it a bad sign that the first thing I thought after that was that he didn't bring in all the games and that there are parts of his timeline I disagree with?

Specifically, Link's Awakening should be at the end of the timeline unless followed by a game without the Master Sword because it is said specifically in ALttP that the Master Sword rests forever, and Nintendo has also said that the first four games (from LoZ to LA) happened in chronological order.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
hazard99 said:
Klagermeister said:
Okay, here's the best picture I could find to explain it...

snip
I am sorry, but this timeline is pretty poor.

Why is (Twilight Princess)TP on the adult timeline?
The adult ending of (Ocarina of time)OoT doesn't fit with the backstory of TP
It is almost universally accepted, that TP comes after the child ending of OoT.
Not to mention that Nintendo has stated that WW and TP happen at about the same time just in different timelines.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Klagermeister said:
Okay, here's the best picture I could find to explain it...
As a guy who has put some thought and research into it, here is all the things that are wrong with that timeline:

A) Four Swords isn't even there, just FS adventure, but FS is also cannon. Nintendo said they pictured FS as the first game in the timeline (which they previously said about OoT, but said before Minish Cap was released). Spirit Tracks isn't there either, but I assume it wasn't released when this was made.

B) LA happens after ALttP. Until Ocarina of Time, all the games where chronological, but OoT was a prequel, presumably because Nintendo realized that after saying the Master Sword was put to rest "forever" they could not reuse the MS unless it was a prequel.

C) Nintendo has also said specifically that TP and WW were in different timelines.

D) The oracles games are in the same timeline. The princess' maid recognizes you in one oracle game from having met you in the other.

I'm not quite sure where the oracles games would be placed in the New timeline or where FSA and TP would be, so I won't debate them.

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
I like how they included Link's Crossbow Training, Soul Caliber, and Super Smash Brothers in this timeline theory even though the last two probably happen in some alternate reality or something.

From what I've heard of the Split theory, the first two games should be on the same side as Wind Waker, since after the waters recede the whole map is changed from the others games going into the first game.

jpblade666

Dec 23, 2010
I'm willing to believe that all of the Zelda games (with a few exceptions) are all just stand alone games with stand alone links from different dimensions. It makes sense that way. Alternate dimensions and realities and whatnot.