Doctor Who: Episode 9: Cold Blood [SPOILERS]

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
TimeLord said:
If the Doctor can stop it from happening, everything that has been erased, will never have been erased, as the cracks will never have existed to erase them
Eh...zuh...duh?

...I bow to the TimeLord

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
If the Doctor can stop it from happening, everything that has been erased, will never have been erased, as the cracks will never have existed to erase them
Eh...zuh...duh?

...I bow to the TimeLord
So pretty much Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey then?

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Crispee said:
I hear from a reliable source that Rory comes back in the final two parter of this series. My only question is how they'll return a character who's been laser beamed to death and then erased from the SpaceTime continuum.
Hmmmm, one way to check *goes to IMDB*

IMDB has got Rory in the final episode with River Song in 12 and 13. The also have someone credited as "Time Lady". Seeing as my biggest wish is them to somehow bring back the Time Lords (stupid RTD for letting us peep through the crack in that locked door)

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Crispee said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Eh...zuh...duh?

...I bow to the TimeLord
So pretty much Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey then?
Yes!

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
TimeLord said:
Crispee said:
I hear from a reliable source that Rory comes back in the final two parter of this series. My only question is how they'll return a character who's been laser beamed to death and then erased from the SpaceTime continuum.
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
But wouldn't that have removed them from the WHOLE of history (Your going to have an answer for that that makes me look silly)
The Daleks in Series 4 are created from Davros himself, thus their only purpose after creation was the Reality bomb.

Yes Davros would have been erased from existence. But! Daleks can time travel, makeing it possible for them to remember Davros despite him being removed from time.

BUT the cyber-men also attacked
I am assuming you are talking about Series 2? It has not been explained whether that has been effected or not

And would that mean that Torchwood still exists? I don't know about you, but I thought it had its good moments. Although the Cardiff base was destroyed...
Again, we are talking about the series 4 finale and are assuming the series 2 finale still happen as it has not been explained if it has been effected
I SAID it would make me look silly...
The Invasion of the Cyber-Men and the Towing of Earth were global and although you had characters like Donna who managed to avoid every global event, they probably wouldn't pull that trick twice
I think it is safe to say that it will not be adequately explained in any way by Steven Moffat
It's a pretty big deal if they were to just erase the passed series universe, but to be fair it did add a lot of baggage to the franchise as a whole
Doesn't that create a mighty time paradox fuck up?
If the dictor stops the time erasing cracks from forming, the angel should have killed the doctor a few episodes ago, but if that happens then the cracks won't be closed so the doctor will survive the encounter with the angels and go on to stop the cracks, but then he will be killed by angels.... oh damn I've gone cross-eyed.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
Megalodon said:
TimeLord said:
Crispee said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
But wouldn't that have removed them from the WHOLE of history (Your going to have an answer for that that makes me look silly)
The Daleks in Series 4 are created from Davros himself, thus their only purpose after creation was the Reality bomb.

Yes Davros would have been erased from existence. But! Daleks can time travel, makeing it possible for them to remember Davros despite him being removed from time.

I am assuming you are talking about Series 2? It has not been explained whether that has been effected or not

And would that mean that Torchwood still exists? I don't know about you, but I thought it had its good moments. Although the Cardiff base was destroyed...
Again, we are talking about the series 4 finale and are assuming the series 2 finale still happen as it has not been explained if it has been effected
The Invasion of the Cyber-Men and the Towing of Earth were global and although you had characters like Donna who managed to avoid every global event, they probably wouldn't pull that trick twice
I think it is safe to say that it will not be adequately explained in any way by Steven Moffat
It's a pretty big deal if they were to just erase the passed series universe, but to be fair it did add a lot of baggage to the franchise as a whole
If the dictor stops the time erasing cracks from forming, the angel should have killed the doctor a few episodes ago, but if that happens then the cracks won't be closed so the doctor will survive the encounter with the angels and go on to stop the cracks, but then he will be killed by angels.... oh damn I've gone cross-eyed.
Again, allow me to explain..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

ARatherHandsomeGent

Jan 24, 2010
I was actually waiting for one of these to decide If I was gonna watch it or not. The comments are good, so you'll see me back in 45 mins.

Ok, went and watched it. I enjoyed this one, found the idea of an other intelligent race interesting and wish I could have seen the results (humans would probably nuke them :( ) What was annoying though was the trigger happy woman, but oh well. Also I don't recall the Doctor pointlessly shouting at Amy, so that a good point.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
y'know, I am pissed off, I'm not gonna lie. Roary was really likable and towards the end of the episode he was becoming my favourite character and it was nice to see a relationship in the show where the girl wasn't trying to marry the Doctor, but Amy will probably fall into the same routine as Rose and Martha did ifRoary doesn't come back and they keep her on for season 6

Anyway,ON TO MY SHORT RANT/REVIEW
*The Mom was a total idiot and put in as much strategic effort as A F***ING GOLDFISH.
*when they were negotiating with the silurians I hated how they were just gonna dump them in places nobody wanted.
*Roary's death was(just read the first paragraph.)
*I hated how they sent the race into chryo-nap for 1000 years but you never hear of the silurians in the episodes sent in the future
*The female lizards were just looking for a fight, I mean Alaya was just a total *****, seriously what kind of idiot will get herself killed just so roughly 20(The amount woken by the sister, not the total population) monsters have an excuse to kill everything.
AND THAT'S THE END OF MY SHORT RANT/REVIEW

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Megalodon said:
TimeLord said:
Crispee said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:

Yes true. But the cracks have effected time before the point of the explosion where the Doctor intervenes. If the Doctor stops them, everything may return to normal, reinstating everything that has changed, but keeping linearity within the time stream of everything interacted with the Doctor or effected by the cracks. Basically restoring them at the point the explosion is prevented

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Josh12345 said:
*I hated how they sent the race into chryo-nap for 1000 years but you never hear of the silurians in the episodes sent in the future
Because the Doctor says this was a point where time is not fixed, it can be altered on the fly. They have changed the future of human contact with the Silurians but it does not effect humanities role in the universe

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
TimeLord said:
Megalodon said:
TimeLord said:
Crispee said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:

Yes true. But the cracks have effected time before the point of the explosion where the Doctor intervenes. If the Doctor stops them, everything may return to normal, reinstating everything that has changed, but keeping linearity within the time stream of everything interacted with the Doctor or effected by the cracks. Basically restoring them at the point the explosion is prevented
So basically like a bigger, more pervasive version of why Amy could remember the clerics the crack in the angel episode ate?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Megalodon said:
TimeLord said:
Megalodon said:
TimeLord said:
Crispee said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:

So basically like a bigger, more pervasive version of why Amy could remember the clerics the crack in the angel episode ate?
More or less, my theory is that everything that has happened in the Doctor's personal past has happened, but he can save everyone affected by the cracks when/if he stops the explosion.

It's a time thing

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
TimeLord said:
More or less, my theory is that everything that has happened in the Doctor's personal past has happened, but he can save everyone affected by the cracks when/if he stops the explosion.

It's a time thing
Resulting in a nice happy(ish) ending for the series finale, perfect for going out at seven as part of BBC1's sturday evening lineup?
/cynicism

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Megalodon said:
TimeLord said:

It's a time thing
Resulting in a nice happy(ish) ending for the series finale, perfect for going out at seven as part of BBC1's sturday evening lineup?
/cynicism
Well yea, there's that.....

But Steven Moffat is not RTD, we do not know how he is going to handle the series finale

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
TimeLord said:
Josh12345 said:
Because the Doctor says this was a point where time is not fixed, it can be altered on the fly. They have changed the future of human contact with the Silurians but it does not effect humanities role in the universe
...and the Homo-reptilians had a computer controlling their life support called HAL9000 and...well, you fill in the rest :p

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Josh12345 said:
...and the Homo-reptilians had a computer controlling their life support called HAL9000 and...well, you fill in the rest :p
Then there we go, problem solved

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Plinglebob said:
Crispee said:

IMDB has got Rory in the final episode with River Song in 12 and 13. The also have someone credited as "Time Lady". Seeing as my biggest wish is them to somehow bring back the Time Lords (stupid RTD for letting us peep through the crack in that locked door)
Well RTD was a tool for killing them all off in the first place along with the Daleks. So every time they come back it was like "Oh a couple more got away and then they cloned themselves again"

I hope we see another Tardis. Maybe a Tardis fight. The plural being TARDISs I think...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
LavaLampBamboo said:
Plinglebob said:
Crispee said:

Well RTD was a tool for killing them all off in the first place along with the Daleks. So every time they come back it was like "Oh a couple more got away and then they cloned themselves again"

I hope we see another Tardis. Maybe a Tardis fight. The plural being TARDISs I think...
Multiple Doctors? Different versions in time coinciding to stop the explosion that has spread the crack though time and space?

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
LavaLampBamboo said:
What about TARDISii? Like Genius and Genii...